Mobile learning is an educational system which supports a continuous access to the learning process, with the help of mobile devices. It is popularly also known as m learning. It enables the user to learn anywhere and anytime and is thus becoming a widely followed practice across the whole learning system. Teachers as well as students access the knowledge content which may be in the form of e-books, videos, games, etc. through their mobile devices and certain courses these days even offer the self-paced progression which removes the time burden off students.
The mobile learning market is expected to grow at higher pace in Asia-Pacific region which can be accounted to fastest rate of adoption of mobile technologies and also to largest mobile internet user base globally. However issues of affordability and lack of digital literacy along with lacking locally relevant content act as an issue for m-learning in the region. The global mobile learning market is expected to grow at CAGR of 18.3 % during the forecast period i.e. 2018-2023.
What is Mobile Learning?
Mobile learning is spontaneous personal informal delivery of knowledge through the access of smaller, often wireless devices such as mobile phones and tablets. The learning processes may be contextual or interactive audiovisual or even games. The mobile devices are portable and ubiquitous (available everywhere) hence m learning enables more varied and changing locations. It has additional feature of more immediate interaction over the e learning which is typically considered to be a pc-based learning.
What are the major applications for Mobile Learning?
Mobile Learning is primarily being considered as an alternative to provide basic education to areas with geographical and climatic limitations. It is moreover being used by institutes of higher education to make the studies interactive and effective by incorporating so called learning management systems. M Learning is moreover increasingly becoming an integral part of an organization’s learning strategy. M learning is used for primary learning for mandatory courses where extended flexibility of accessing the course even without internet becomes necessary. Mobile Apps are considered to be perfect to provide pre and post assessments for formal training. They can be effectively used performance Support Tools (PSTs) and social learning also.
Market Research and Market Trends of Mobile Learning Ecosystem
- In developing areas cloud-based solutions have been driving the growth and increasing penetration of m learning. There has been a continued effort by both internet companies and governments to get internet accessibility to a wider audience. In countries in Africa and Asia there is a growing trend that students are the primary users of m learning followed by scholars and teachers. Growth is also being driven by Massively Organized Open Courses (MOOCs) offered by private content providers such as Coursera, Udacity, Khan Academy etc.
- Top universities and colleges in the world are also contributing to these platforms to make the learning accessible to wider audience. For example, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Harvard University, UC Berkeley and University of Queensland Australia contribute to edX, a portal for e-learning courses offered free of cost for all users. In India government has brought forward NPTEL for technical online learning. These courses range from electronics to literature to biological sciences, and offer at free cost some of the best educational resources. There is further advancement in quality of content and delivery expected in coming future with budding platforms of AL and ML.
- It is expected that the market may eventually start to become more corporate training orientated as internet literacy increases, and primary as well as post-primary education is also becoming more connected more with mobile learning,. Even in developed regions because of time and budget constraints, mobile applications based corporate training has seen a rise in recent times. Developing countries like India, China, Brazil, etc. are expected to move towards corporate training investment in the future just-in-time training that this platform provides coupled with the promising return on investment (ROI).
Who are the Major Players in Mobile Learning market?
The players profiled in the report include PulseLearning, CommLab India, Obsidian Learning, Designing Digitally, G-Cube, Learnnovators, LEO Learning, eWyse., GLAD Solutions, InfoPro Learning, Cinécraft Productions, Kineo, EI Design, SweetRush
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Mobile Learning- Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Mobile Learning - Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End User Profiling
3.2.3. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Mobile Learning- Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints
4.3. Market Challenges
4.4. Attractiveness of the Mobile Learning market
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5. Mobile Learning market- Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Mobile Learning market- By Device
6.1. Mobile & Tablet
6.2. Handhelds &Personal Digital Assistants(PDAs)
6.3. Gaming Consoles
7. Mobile Learning market- By Supporting Platform
7.3. ios/Mac OS
8. Mobile Learning market- By Content Type
8.1. Mobile Content Authoring
8.3. Games and interactive apps
8.4. Portable LMS
8.5. Mobile and Video-based Courseware
8.6. Interactive Assessments
8.7. Content Development
9. Mobile Learning market- By Content Providers
9.1. Education Institutes
9.1.2. Technical & Vocational Training Institutes
9.1.4. Private Professional Institutions
9.3. Developers and Programmers
9.4. Corporate Companies
10. Mobile Learning market- By Application
10.1. In class Learning
10.1.2. Higher Education
10.2. Simulation based Learning
10.3. Corporate Learning
10.4. Independent Learning
11. Global Mobile Learning Market - By Geography
11.1. North America
11.2. South America
11.2.7. Costa Rica
11.4.3. South Korea
11.4.7. Hong Kong
11.5. Middle East& Africa
12. Market Entropy
12.1. New Product Launches
12.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs, Partnership
13. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
13.1. Obsidian Learning
13.5. GLAD Solutions
13.6. InfoPro Learning
13.7. Company 7
13.8. Company 8
13.9. Company 9
13.10. Company 10
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
14.3. Research Methodology
14.5. Compilation of Expert Insights