The China Packaged Drinking Water Market is estimated to surpass $24.82 billion by 2021 growing at an estimated CAGR of 13.89% during 2018 to 2021 majorly driven by the increasing health awareness in China and growing consumer affluence and growing middle class. China packaged drinking water market remains highly fragmented, with the top 5 players occupying 50% of the market share in 2017. Further, the Chinese people switching from carbonated soft drinks to packaged drinking water is also set to propel the market growth in the future.
What is Packaged Drinking Water?
Packaged drinking water refers to the water that is packaged in plastics and glass containers. Packages of drinking water are developed from various packaging materials which can be rigid (HDPE, glass containers, and others), semi-rigid (PET and PVC containers and others), and flexible (plastic films such as LDPE and others) in nature. On the basis of physical, chemical, and functional properties these materials are selected for particular type of drinking water packaging.
This report incorporates an in-depth assessment of China packaged drinking water market by type of packaging, quantity, type of water, water quality, and province.
What are the major types for packaged drinking water?
The various types includes purified water, spring water, mineral water, sparkling water, and among others. Spring water is usually safe from contaminants (i.e. pathogens, chemicals, metals), since groundwater is naturally filtered as it flows through the soil. Hence, spring water is generally safe for human consumption. Natural water is used to make spring or mineral bottled water. The demand for spring water is high in China as consumers prefer natural drinking water. Although, the fear of pollution is driving Chinese consumers towards expensive branded waters, as it is based on the same standards as purified water.
Market Research and Market Trends of China Packaged Drinking Water:
- The next few years will prove to be substantial for the water packaging material suppliers owing to an increasing consumption of packaged drinking water in China.
- Treated water is estimated to dominate the China Packaged Drinking Water Market with a share of around 85%, thus crediting a value of $9.57 billion in 2017. The market is forecast to witness a growth of nearly 14.27% projecting to around $21.50 billion by 2021.
- China packaged drinking water market follow direct distribution channels. Most of the sales are done in this industry through their own distribution networks, with many companies having their standard and licensed distributors.
- Innovation is the key to success in this industry, each suppliers is focusing on the innovative packaging for drinking water. This helps to create unique brand identity and differentiate from its suppliers.
- China packaged drinking water market is growing rapidly over the past decade due to growing population and awareness to consume safe and pure water. The packaged drinking water market is saturated but innovation opportunities still exists.
- As per IndustryARC recent analysis, the China packaged drinking water market is forecast to surpass $24.82 billion by 2021 majorly driven by increasing health awareness and people switching from carbonated soft drinks to packaged water.
Who are the Major Players in China packaged drinking water market?
The companies referred to in the market research report includes Nongfu Spring, Tingyi, Wahaha, C’estbon, Ganten, Evergrande Spring, Alkaqua, Watsons, Ice Dew, and Nestle.
What is our report scope?
The report gives in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable as per your needs to a certain extent. Wealso provide 20 free consulting hours for purchase of each report, enabling you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), volume (units) and value ($m). Country level data is provided based on – product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitors’ performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and increase efficiency of your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&As, deals, partnerships, and product launches of all key players in the past four years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than 20 top countries, for the market.
1. China’s Packaged Drinking Water Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. China’s Packaged Drinking Water Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. End User profiling
3.2.2. Patent Analysis
3.2.3. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. China’s Packaged Drinking Water Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints
4.3. Market Challenges
4.4. Attractiveness of the Industry
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5. China’s Packaged Drinking Water Market – Water Supplier’s Strategy
5.1. Strategic Direction
5.2. Competitive Positioning
5.3. Business Model
5.4. Product Benchmarking (Includes Price and specifications)
5.5.1. Production/Plant Shifts
5.6. Distribution Channel Analysis
6. China’s Packaged Drinking Water Market – Strategic Analysis
6.1. Value Chain Analysis
6.2. Pricing Analysis
6.3. Opportunities Analysis
6.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
6.5. Suppliers and Distributors
7. China’s Packaged Drinking Water Market – By Type of Packaging
8. China’s Packaged Drinking Water Market – By Quantity
8.2. 2 to 5 L
8.3. 6 to 10 L
8.4. 11 to 20 L
9. China’s Packaged Drinking Water Market – By Type of Water
9.2. Purified Water
9.3. Spring Water
9.4. Mineral Water
9.5. Sparkling Water
10. China’s Packaged Drinking Water Market – By Water Quality
10.2. Treated Water
10.2.1. Heat Treated
10.2.2. UV Treated
10.2.4. Reverse Osmosis
10.3. Untreated Water
11. China’s Packaged Drinking Water Market – By Province
11.1. Guangdong Province
11.3. Shandong Province
11.4. Henan Province
11.5. Sichuan Province
11.6. Jiangsu Province
11.7. Hebei Province
11.8. Hunan Province
11.9. Anhui Province
11.10. Hubei Province
11.11. Zhejiang Province
11.12. Guangxi Zhuang
11.13. Yunnan Province
11.14. Jiangxi Province
11.15. Liaoning Province
11.16. Heilongjiang Province
12. Market Entropy
12.1. New Product Launches
12.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs, Partnership
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
13.3. Research Methodology
13.5. Compilation of Expert Insights