Remote Fiber Testing Equipment Market Overview
The report: “Remote Fiber
Testing Equipment Market Forecast (2021-2026)”, by IndustryARC, covers an
in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Remote Fiber Testing
By Product Type - Optic Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR), Optic Light Source (OLS), Optic Power Meter (OPM), Optic Loss Test Set (OLTS), Remote Fiber Test System (RFTS), Optic Spectrum Analyzers (OSA), Others.
By Monitoring Type - Active Fiber Monitoring, Passive Fiber Monitoring.
By Component Type - Optic Power Monitor, Optic Test Access Unit, Wave Division Multiplexer & Filter, Chassis & Controller, Others.
By End User - Telecommunication, Submarine Cable Network Providers, Dark Fiber Providers, BFSI, Government, Defense, Transportation, Others.
By Geography - North America (U.S, Canada, Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others), APAC(China, Japan India, SK, Australia and Others), South America(Brazil, Argentina and others),and RoW (Middle East and Africa).
- North America had dominated the Remote Fiber Testing Equipment market in 2020 owing to early adoption of advanced connectivity networks and high investments in adopting them.
- Adoption of fiber optic cables with the evolution of 5G networks set to drive the remote fiber testing equipment market.
- High investments in research and development of advanced products such as optical spectrum analyzers, optical time domain reflectometers and others is escalating the market growth.
- With growing demand for network speeds and bandwidth, there has been increasing demand for fiber optic cables which set to provide opportunities for remote fiber testing equipment.
- The major drawback is the security concerns and lack of skilled expertise for solving the issues hinders the growth of the remote fiber testing equipment industry.
Remote Fiber Testing Equipment Market, By Region, 2020
Remote Fiber Testing Equipment Market Segment Analysis – By Product Type
Optic Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) segment held the largest share 28.4% in the Remote Fiber Testing Equipment market in 2019. OTDR is majorly used in many organizations to verify the performance of optical fiber cable which set to drive the remote fiber testing equipment. This equipment also provides advanced diagnostics in order to isolate failure that hinders the network performance. These can also have capability of carrying out tests for multimode and single mode optical fiber links. Development of advanced OTDRs set to drive the market growth.
Remote Fiber Testing Equipment Market Segment Analysis – By End User
Telecommunication sector is the fastest growing industry in the remote fiber testing equipment market estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.30% during forecast period 2020-2025. High adoption of fiber optic cables for attaining high speed data transfer has been fueling the remote fiber testing equipment market in this industry. Many companies have been investing and partnering with various companies for 5G infrastructure. For instance, in 2019, Ericsson had partnered with Next-tech wireless in order expand its 5G infrastructure to rural areas in the U.S. Increasing investments for 5G/LTE infrastructure is poised to drive the remote fiber testing equipment market in the telecommunications sector in near future.
Remote Fiber Testing Equipment Market Segment Analysis – By Geography
APAC dominated the Remote Fiber Testing Equipment market in 2020 with a share of 36.1%, followed by North America and Europe. As the APAC countries such as the China, Japan, India, South Korea have huge presence of telecommunication companies, there is huge adoption of remote fiber testing equipment which is set to drive the market in APAC region. APAC is the major region which has large number of data centers that are the largest consumer of fiber optic cables. According to Energy Consumption of Data Centers 2019, in China, the number of small and medium sized data centers had exceeded 4,00,000. Increasing number of data centers is poised to fuel the market. This region has an effective broadband and internet infrastructure that deploy intricate fiber optic cable networks, thereby creating the need for the remote fiber testing equipment. These are the key factors that escalate the growth of remote fiber testing equipment market in APAC.
Remote Fiber Testing Equipment Market Drivers
High investments and government initiatives
Adoption of Fiber Optics for 5G Infrastructure
Remote Fiber Testing Equipment Market Challenges
Lack of Skilled Resources
Remote Fiber Testing Equipment Market Landscape
- In March 2020, Keysight Technologies had launched 5G device benchmarking toolset for testing 5G devices speed performance. This toolset provides an integrated lab based test solution that allows users to benchmark devices, resolve issues and to enhance product quality.
- In February 2019, Yokogawa Test and Measurement Corporation had launched AQ1210 optical time domain reflectometer (OTDR). This equipment is handheld and can also be used as power meter and light source. This device is majorly used for installation and maintenance of fiber optic cables. Development of new and advanced products set to propel the remote fiber testing equipment market industry.
Optic Test Equipment (FOTE) Market - Forecast (2021 - 2026)
Report Code: ESR 0387
Optics Market - Forecast(2021 - 2026)
Report Code: ITR 0032
For more Automation and Instrumentation Market reports, please click here