India Servo Motors and Drives Market size is forecast to reach $125.96 million by 2025 growing at a CAGR of 12.36% during 2020-2025. The rapid deployment of advanced automation technology, along with the growing adoption of energy-efficient international standards are highly enhancing the servo motors and drives market Furthermore, the rising integration of as servo motor, dc brushless motor, brushed dc motor, dc servo drive and motion control components in automotive industry and other industries such as are the prime growth drivers for India servo motors and drives market. In addition, increase in adoption of servo motors and drives for application in newer industrial vertical will create new opportunities for India servo motors and drives industry during the forecast period.
The report: “India Servo Motors and Drives Market – Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the India Servo Motors and Drives Market Market.
- In India, the servo motors and drives market is dominated by the increasing applications in the automotive industry.
- The need for increasing productivity in order to fulfil the demand for electric vehicles and passenger vehicles in India is leading to the rising adoption of servo motors and drives for automating manufacturing process of automobile.
- Moreover, the rise of IoT and increasing factory automation in the manufacturing process for optimizing productivity has raised the demand for India servo motors and drives market.
- Rapid development in the semiconductor and electronics industry in India has also further boosted the servo motors and drives market.
Product Type - Segment Analysis
AC Servo motors and drives segment held the largest share in India servo motors and drives market in 2018. The AC servo motors are used in a wide range of applications robotics, packaging, CNC machinery and so on where high level of precision is required. This type of AC servo drives are specifically designed for AC motors, and provide the added advantage of motor feedback. After receiving and transmitting signals to produce motion, these drives also receive and adjust to reports from sensors on motor status. In providing continuous adjustment, they amplify performance in terms of the desired velocity, torque, and position, as well as stiffness, damping, and feedback gain in AC servo motors and control systems. Owing to the wide range of industrial applications of AC servo motors and drives, and the improved product developments is analyzed to boost the India servo motors and drives market.
End-user - Segment Analysis
Automotive and Transportation has been the primary market for India servo motor and drive. The rise of technological advancements, mobile robots incorporated with servo motors and drives are being predominantly deployed in various machineries used in the automotive sector for conveying parts across the factory floor, assembly line, welding and other applications. With growing demand of automobiles and the increasing production of passenger vehicles in India has raised the need for high speed assembly line robots. These robots are enhancing the manufacturing processes further resulting in the manufacture of defect free and high quality products which is set to drive the adoption of servo motors and drives in the automotive domain in the future. Apart from that, the entry to cobots or collaborative robots in the automotive assembly line for various applications such as part or subsystem assembly, sealant dispensing and others is set to open up new opportunities for servo motor and drives market
Additionally, the government of India is aiming to develop India as a global manufacturing center and according to IBEF, it is expected that India is set to become the leader in shared mobility by 2030. These development in the automotive industry in India will thus create opportunities for the servo motor and drives market.
Drivers – India Servo Motor & Drives Market
· Rising advanced dynamics in the Automotive Industry
In India, the automotive industry is among the fastest and the largest growing industry in the world. The growing advancement in the automotive industry leading to the deployment of automation in the auto-manufacturing process is highly enhancing the use of servo motor and drives for automotive industry. The implementation of robotics, artificial intelligence and connectivity are also penetrating the automotive industry. Moreover, the need for low-cost automation, reduce manufacturing downtime, and improve efficiency and productivity of supply chains will drive the demand of India servo motors and drives market growth.
· Increasing use of Semiconductor & Electronics Manufacturing Machines
In India, the semiconductor and electronics industry is highly offering growth potential and leading to high demands for end-use industries such as mobile devices, telecommunication equipment, information technology, office automation (IT & OA), industrial machinery, automobiles and others. This growth potential is further leading to the need for semiconductor and electronics manufacturing machines in manufacturing industry for optimization of production. Moreover, the deployment of semiconductor and electronics manufacturing machines has led to the integration of servo motor that help semiconductor tool OEM's and electronic device manufacturers to optimize equipment footprints while maximizing the performance and productivity. The servo motors and drives are used in various wafer processing equipment, including CMP (Chemical Mechanical Planarization) machines, wafer handling robots and others. There by, the deployment of servo motors for semiconductor and electronics manufacturing machines will set to boost the respective market.
Challenges – India Servo Motor and Drives Market
· Lack of skilled workforce
As servo motor requires a several functional operations such as stabilization of feedback loop, requirement of safety circuits, additional electronic support and others which requires the need for a skilled trained worker. The companies may find difficulty in finding skilled workers, which is partially due to an aging, retiring workforce and lack of desire among younger workers to enter the manufacturing field. Thus, the condition to hire trained and skilled workforce in order to handle operations of these advance motors such as servo motor and drives may become a challenge for the company. There by, they may go for less advance motors such as industrial motors and others which will hinder the growth of India servo motor and drives market during the given forecast period.
Technology launches, acquisitions and R&D activities are the key strategies adopted by players in the India Servo Motors and Drives market. In 2018, the market of India Servo Motors and Drives has been consolidated by the top five players accounting for xx% of the share. The market for India Servo Motors and Drives top 10 companies are ABB India Ltd., Bosch Rexroth India Pvt. Ltd., Delta Electronics India Pvt. Ltd., Fuji Electric India Pvt. Ltd., Mitsubishi Electric India Pvt. Ltd., Panasonic Corporation, Rockwell Automation India Pvt. Ltd., Schneider Electric India Pvt. Ltd., Siemens India Ltd. and Yaskawa India Pvt. Ltd.
- In 2019, Mitsubishi Electric announced the launch of the latest series of servo systems the General Purpose AC Servo MELSERVO J5 series (65 models). These new series of servo systems has enhanced the working behavior of the machines and has also fueled the smart factory solutions in India. Therefore, the launch of this new series will further accelerate the growth of the India servo motors and drives market.
- In March 2019, Siemens introduced the New Sinamics S210 Servo Drive System that can be used for simplifying the motion control. The new sinamics S210 servo drive system is specifically designed to work with Simotics S-1FK2 motors. This new system is used in various applications such packaging machines, handling applications such as pick-and-place, wood and plastics processing. Furthermore, the increasing development in the applications of the new servo drive system in India will drive the servo motion and drive market.