Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market - Forecast(2023 - 2028)
Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market size is estimated to be $8.29 billion in 2019, growing at a CAGR of 8.13% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Rising disposable income, urbanization, and the demand for western-style diets are contributing to the growth in sales of baked goods. Moreover, they can be stored for a longer duration than the traditional baked ones. Also, numerous benefits are offered by these products such as ease of availability, longer storage duration, and reasonable price. With a larger share of employed population, the demand for convenience foods is higher which in turn contributes to the growth of this market.
- The rising demand for pastries and cakes in celebratory events and household occasions is driving the Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market.
- The Frozen cake and pastry segment is projected to be one of the fastest-growing application with a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to the shift in the consumption trend towards ready-to-bake or ready-to-thaw frozen items.
- In 2019, Europe dominated the Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market owing to its technological developments and growing innovations such as the individually-quick-frozen method.
By Product Type- Segment Analysis
By Product Type, the Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market is segmented into Pastries and Cakes, Donuts, Puffs, Bread, Burgers, Pizzas, and others. Among these, the Pastries and Cakes account for a dominant share of the market in 2019. This is owing to the wide use of pasties and cakes in celebration in European countries. Moreover, the use of ricotta cheesecake which contains ricotta cheese is considered to be as light as compared to any other cheese. Besides, this is healthy as it contains nutrients like protein, phosphorous, vitamin A, vitamin B, and zinc. Increasing health concerns along with changing lifestyles and rapid urbanization are also driving the market of Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market.
By Processing Type - Segment Analysis
Rising popularity of frozen foods is owing to the growing trend of ready-to-bake or ready-to-thaw frozen items. Moreover, quick-service restaurants and retail chains benefit from frozen bakery products, as they can now readily thaw frozen bakery products or prepare fresh items using frozen dough. Besides, ready-to-bake or ready-to-thaw includes less food wastage, as stores can bake based on demand, while keeping remaining products frozen and preserved. Furthermore, prolonged shelf-life, ease of availability and secure stocks during seasonal variations are further contributing to the increased use of these products. And, the rising demand for convenience food products that save consumer time and effort is also an added benefit. Owing to these benefits of frozen bakery products market, there is an upsurge in the demands of these products and the market and is estimated to witness significant growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
By Country - Segment Analysis
In 2019, France dominated the Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market share accounting for 27%. Technological advancement along with the growing innovation such as individually quick-frozen method is driving the Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market. The method of freezing technique without the usage of any preservatives has gained popularity. Furthermore, the ingredients such as fruits, herbs, and vegetables used bakery processes also depend largely on this unique freezing procedure whereby promoting the growth of this market.
Drivers – Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market
- Increasing Demand of Individually Quick-Frozen Method
Newer technology such as the individually quick-frozen (IQF) method in Europe is driving the Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market. Moreover, the ingredients such as fruits, herbs, and vegetables used in the bakery process largely depend on its unique freezing procedure thereby propelling its market growth. Apart from the usage of IQF technology services to manufacture, transport, and distribute frozen pastry and bakery all through Europe, there is a wide dependence on flash freezing (cryogenic freezing) technique in this region. One of the most recent developments in the frozen food industry, cryogenic equipment is utilized to freeze processed bakery goods such as mini croissants, vanilla wafers, sourdough bread, cakes, pastries, and others. Growing developments in technology in Europe is a major factor driving the Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Changing consumer preferences
Changing lifestyle along with the growing health concern and hectic schedules of people around the world is further propelling its market. Furthermore, the wide acclamation in celebratory events and household occasion there is a demand for cakes and pastries at affordable prices is further contributing to the market growth. Bread is considered to be the staple food in most parts of Europe. With more people consuming bread, the number of bake houses are also increasing in Europe.
Challenges – Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market
The rising preference for freshly prepared food and the increasing prices of raw materials used in bakery products are to challenge the growth of the market.
Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Industry Outlook
Product launches, Merger & Acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players of the Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market. Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market top 10 companies are Aryzta AG, Associated British Foods plc, Bridgeford Foods Corporation, Cargill Incorporated, Conagra Brands, Inc., Europepastry S.A., Flowers Foods Inc., General Mills Inc., Group Bimbo, and Lantamannen Unibake.
- On April 2019, WolfButterBack and Diversi Food collaborated to improve efficiency in Foods in Germany, Australia, Italy, Northern and Eastern Europe.
- According to Baking Business in September 2019, Petersburg Fla., produced a wide variety of European styled breads, pastries and other frozen baked foods.
1. Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market- Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends
2.2 Key trends by Product Type
2.3 Key trends by Processing Type
2.4 Key trends by Source
2.5 Key trends by Distribution Channel
2.6 Key trends by Country
3. Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market–Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking - Key companies
3.2 Financials Analysis -Key Companies
3.3 Market Share Analysis- Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market - Startup companies Scenario Premium (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Application Analysis
4.1.4 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market– Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market -Strategic analysis
7.1 Value chain analysis
7.2 Opportunities analysis
7.3 Market life cycle
8. Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market– By Product Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Pastries and Cakes
9. Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market– By Processing Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.3 Ready Baked and Frozen
10. Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market – By Source(Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11. Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market – By Distribution Channel(Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 Artisans Bakers
11.3 Catering and Industrial
12. Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market - By Geography (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
12.6 Rest of Europe
13. Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market- Entropy
14. Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
14.1. Market Share Analysis
14.1.1 Market Share by Region – Key companies
14.1.2 Market Share by Country- Key companies
14.1.3 Best Practices for Companies
15. Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
16. Europe Frozen Bakery and Pastry Market Company Analysis
16.1 Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
16.2 Associated British Foods plc
16.3 Cargil Incorporated
16.4 Conagra Brands Inc.
16.5 Europepastry S.A.
16.6 General Mills Inc.
16.7 Company 6
16.8 Company 7
16.9 Company 8
16.10 Company 9
16.11 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.