Indian Maternal Nutrition Market Size is estimated to be $2.43 Billion growing at a CAGR of 8.1% during the forecast period 2020-2025. The term “maternal nutrition” focuses on women as mothers, on their nutritional status as it relates to the bearing and nurturing of children. Parenteral nutrition is a method of getting nutrition into the body through intravenous feeding. Women who are breastfeeding should eat a well-balanced diet and should maintain a proper breastfeeding diet to feed their children. Women should maintain a pre-pregnancy diet which helps provide the nutrients for good health. Increasing birth rates continues to create opportunities for manufacturers and several government-funded maternal nutrition programs are the major factors driving the growth of the market. Furthermore, growing health-conscious and increasing demand for supplements is set to further enhance the overall market demand for Indian maternal nutrition.
The report: “Indian Maternal Nutrition Market – Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Indian Maternal Nutrition Market.:
By Maternal Product Type: Dietary Supplements, Milk, Cereals, Beverage Supplements, Protein Bars, Yogurts, Shakes/Smoothies, Others
By Form: Powder, Liquid, Tablet, Gummies Others
By Nutrients: Vitamins, Minerals, Choline, Taurine, Iodine, Selenium, Others
By Distribution Channel: Supermarkets, Online Stores, Convenience Stores, Pharmacies, Others
- According to the World Health Organization, nutrition international works unitedly with government and alternative partners to boost Indian maternal nutrition through enhancing the supply, quality and integration of health and nutrition services and empowering girls and their families to hunt care and adopt healthy behaviors.
- Increasing birth rates continues to create opportunities for manufacturers and several government-funded maternal nutrition programs aid in the market growth of Indian maternal nutritional market.
- Detailed analysis of the Strength, Weakness, and opportunities of the prominent players operating in the Indian maternal nutritional market will be provided in the Market report.
- Owing to the high cost of micro-nutrients food and consumption of grains and other starchy foods which was accompanied by a deterioration in nutritional status in many populations has seen a decline.
Product Type - Segment Analysis
Based on the Product Type, Indian Maternal Nutrition Market is segmented into dietary supplements, milk, cereals, beverage supplements, protein bars, yogurts, shakes/smoothies, and others. Milk formula is forecast to have the fastest growth rate with a CAGR of 7.25% in the Indian maternal nutrition market during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is mainly owing to builds healthy bones, serves as a source of energy and helps to maintain healthy blood pressure. Also, the growing strength of the immune system and metabolizes sugars and fatty acids are some factors that further contribute to the growth of the market.
Nutrients - Segment Analysis
Based on the Nutrients, the Indian maternal nutrition market is segmented into vitamins, minerals, choline, taurine, iodine, selenium, and others. By nutrients, Vitamins are estimated to account for a major part of the Indian maternal nutrition market share in 2019. This is mainly owing to its ability to prevent and treat various diseases including heart problems, high cholesterol levels, and eye and skin disorders. Besides, improving blood circulation and brain development further contribute to the growth of this market.
Drivers –Indian Maternal Nutrition Market
- Increasing Birth Rates Continues to create Opportunities for Manufacturers
According to the National Health Systems Resource Centre, India’s population is likely to exceed 1.306 billion by 2017 before reaching 1.381 billion in 2022. A rising trend within the contribution of the EAG states population to the overall population of the country (43.4% in 1991 and 465 in 2011) has been ascertained. The country is probably growing to feature 170 million persons throughout the consequent decade, which is concerning about 10 million fewer people additional compared to the last decadal increase.
- Several Government-Funded Maternal nutrition programs
Several government-funded maternal nutrition programs that support the growth of the Indian Maternal Nutrition Market. Also, increasing demand for supplements, growing interest in providing essential nutrients to pregnant women are some factors that contribute to market growth.
Challenges – Indian Maternal Nutrition Market
The high cost of micro-nutrient foods and the number of people being overweight or obese owing to poor nutrition are factors restraining the market growth. Also, large quantities of health information are now published on the internet, so people decided to medicate themselves rather than seeking a professional opinion. These factors are restraining the growth of the Indian Maternal Nutrition Market.
Indian Maternal Nutrition Industry Outlook
Product launches, Merger & Acquisitions, joint ventures, and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players of the Indian Maternal Nutrition Market. Indian Maternal Nutrition top 10 companies are Abbott Laboratories, Beech-Nut Nutrition Corporation, DMK Deutsches Milchkontor GmbH, Nutricia Ltd., Arla Foods Ingredients Group, Nestle SA, Mead Johnson & Co. LLC, Scientific Brain Nutraceuticals Pvt. Ltd., Ethix industries Inc., and Roquette Freres.
- On September 2019: DMK cluster Group entirely receives over venture DV Nutrition V.O.F. Volac and DMK cluster still get the pleasure from a good relationship. As a community of venture Volac has been to blame for the sales and selling of all merchandise factory-made by DV Nutrition.
- On 20 August 2019: Nutricia launches Karicare Tike Sheep Milk innovation. The launch builds on growing shopper interest in kids' formulas supported completely different milk varieties.
- On 6 April 2016: Nestle together with the Food and drug administrator State and Magic Bus Asian Country Foundation, commemorated the forthcoming World Health Day through the Nestle Healthy Youngsters program in Guwahati. The program has reached intent on 5000 adolescents and 1500 folks, educating them on nutrition, health, well-being, and active living.
For more Food and Beverages related reports, please click here
1. Indian Maternal Nutrition Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Indian Maternal Nutrition Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Product Type
2.3 Key trends by Nutrients
2.4 Key trends by Distribution Channel
3. Indian Maternal Nutrition Market Landscape
3.1 Market Share Analysis- Key Companies
3.2 Product Benchmarking- Key Companies
3.3 Financial Analysis - Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis - Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Indian Maternal Nutrition Market- Startup companies Scenario Premium (Premium)
4.1 Key startup company Analysis by
4.1.3 Application Analysis
4.1.4 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Indian Maternal Nutrition Market- Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of successful ventures
6. Indian Maternal Nutrition Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining Powers Of Customers
6.3.3 Threat Of New Entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry Among Existing Players
6.3.5 Threat Of Substitutes
7. Indian Maternal Nutrition Market- Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Indian Maternal Nutrition Market – By Product Type (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Dietary Supplements
8.4 Beverage Supplements
8.5 Protein Bars
9. Indian Maternal Nutrition Market – By Form (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
10. Indian Maternal Nutrition Market – By Nutrients (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
11. Indian Maternal Nutrition Market – By Distribution Channel (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
11.2 Online Stores
11.3 Convenience Stores
12. Indian Maternal Nutrition Market – Entropy
13. Indian Maternal Nutrition Market Company Analysis
13.1 Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
13.2 Company 1
13.3 Company 2
13.4 Company 3
13.5 Company 4
13.6 Company 5
13.7 Company 6
13.8 Company 7
13.9 Company 8
13.10 Company 9
13.11 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.