India Whey Protein Ingredients Market - Forecast(2023 - 2028)
India Whey Protein Ingredients Market Overview
India Whey Protein Ingredients Market size is estimated to be $860 million in 2019 and is projected to be growing at CAGR of 37.64% during the forecast period 2020-2025. The growing trend of fitness activities, especially among millennials and growing population, are the major factors increasing demand for whey protein ingredients in India. The popularity of sports nutrition is rising owing to a higher adoption rate of active lifestyle along with healthy food consumption. Thus rise in an active lifestyle and increased health consciousness have increased the consumption of high nutrient food and beverages. Whey protein ingredients are rich in protein and possess high nutritional value, which increase their use in various food and beverage applications. The most consumed whey protein ingredient end-products in India are chocolate protein powder, protein Supplements, protein smoothies, gym supplements, protein bars, electrolyte supplements, and fitness supplements.
- Consumption of nutritional food products and beverages are increasing in India with rising health consciousness.
- Growing trend of healthy lifestyle and awareness on the ingredients that are being consumed, drive the market during the forecast period.
- Detailed analysis of the Strength, Weakness, and opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will also be provided in the India Whey Protein Ingredients market report.
- India, being a developing economy offers immense opportunity for various Whey Protein Ingredients companies to expand their operations here.
By Product - Segment Analysis
Based on type, the market is segmented into whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, whey protein hydrolysates, and others. Among these, the whey protein isolates segment is forecast to have the fastest growth with a CAGR of 36.13% during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is mainly owing to the various advantages associated with the whey protein isolates such as being easily digestible, its efficiency of processing, and also wide range of applications. Additionally, the consumption of protein supplements for pre and post workouts have increased. The rise in the health-conscious population has also contributed to an increase in demand for such supplements. Whey protein isolates are an integral ingredient in these supplements. It offers benefits such as increased muscle mass, reducing tissue damage, and improved performance.
By Application - Segment Analysis
By Application, the sports nutrition segment dominates the India Whey Protein Ingredients market share in 2019. The rise in the health consciousness of consumers along with various sports-based products being launched in the market contributes to the dominance of this segment. However, in India, this fitness trend is largely confined to gyms and urban areas. However, marketing campaigns and celebrity endorsements are increasing the awareness among the general population, which in turn is drives the market in the coming years.
Drivers – India Whey Protein Ingredients Market
- Rise In Population And Increased Disposable Income
Based on UN statistics, India's population is estimated at 1.38 billion in 2020. And as per the United Nation’s Department of Economic and Social Affairs, it is set to surpass China to become the most populous nation by 2027. This growth in population reflects an increase in the demand for various consumer goods and essential products including food and beverages. Thus, the demand for protein-based products especially dairy protein is also bound to increase. According to the World Bank, in 2018, India had a per capita income of $7,680 PPP (Purchasing Power Parity). And the per capita income has risen 6.8% during 2019-2020 as per data from the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI). This depicts the increase in the purchasing power of consumers over the years. Thus, with the availability of more disposable income, the purchase of products, including whey protein products increases. These factors are to drive the market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Increasing Consumption of Protein based Food & Beverages
Changing dietary trends have shifted the focus of people toward the benefits of consuming a protein-rich diet. With a rise in fitness enthusiasts, the consumption of protein juices, bars, energy drinks, and other such products have also increased. The food and beverage industry has increased the incorporation of whey proteins in various products owing to this fitness trend, which has further contributed to the growth of the whey protein ingredients market in India. There is a growing demand for food products that are low-fat and high in protein, which has encouraged food manufacturing companies to use dairy protein ingredients such as whey as food additives. This also improves the functional and nutritional properties of food.
Challenges – India Whey Protein Ingredients Market
The high costs of manufacturing and fluctuations in raw material prices are hindering the market growth. Health-related problems and rise in incidence of diseases among farm animals are also restricting the growth of the market, as dairy production gets affected by these factors.
India Whey Protein Ingredients Industry Outlook
Product launches, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the India Whey Protein Ingredients Market. India Whey Protein Ingredients top 10 companies are Omega Protein, Fonterra Co-Operative Group Limited, Saputo Ingredients, Warrnambool Cheese and Butter Factory, Agropur MSI, LLC, Meggle Group, Grande Custom Ingredients, American Dairy Products Institute, Westland Milk Products, Erie Foods International, Inc., Cargill Incorporated, Arla Foods, Leprino Foods Co., and Danone SA.
- September 2019: Volac International Limited sold its stake in DV Nutrition to DMK Group. DV Nutrition was a producer of whey protein and lactose-based ingredients.
1. India Whey Protein Ingredients Market- Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. India Whey Protein Ingredients Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Product
2.3 Key trends by Application
2.4 Key trends by Distribution Channel
3. India Whey Protein Ingredients Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking- Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis - Key Companies
3.3 Market Share Analysis- Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis - Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. India Whey Protein Ingredients Market- Startup companies Scenario Premium (Premium)
4.1 Key startup company Analysis by
4.1.3 Application Analysis
4.1.4 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. India Whey Protein Ingredients Market- Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of successful ventures
6. India Whey Protein Ingredients Market- Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining Powers Of Customers
6.3.3 Threat Of New Entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry Among Existing Players
6.3.5 Threat Of Substitutes
7. India Whey Protein Ingredients Market- Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. India Whey Protein Ingredients Market – By Product (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Whey Protein Concentrates
8.1.1 WPC 80
8.1.2 WPC 70
8.1.3 WPC 35
8.2 Whey Protein Isolate
8.3 Whey Protein Hydrolysates
9. India Whey Protein Ingredients Market – By Application (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Functional Foods
9.3 Bakery Products
9.4 Nutritional Supplements
9.5 Confectionary Products
9.6 Sports Nutrition
9.7 Infant Nutrition
9.8 Dairy Products
9.10 Animal Feed
10. India Whey Protein Ingredients Market – By Distribution Channel (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
10.2 Online Stores
10.4 Nutrition Store
11. India Whey Protein Ingredients Market – Entropy
12. India Whey Protein Ingredients Market Company Analysis
12.1 Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
12.2 Company 1
12.3 Company 2
12.4 Company 3
12.5 Company 4
12.6 Company 5
12.7 Company 6
12.8 Company 7
12.9 Company 8
12.10 Company 9
12.11 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.