The NIR Detectors/Sensors Market is estimated to surpass $239.59million by 2023 growing at an estimated rate of more than 9.8% during 2018 to 2023, majorly driven by the increasing use of NIR sensors in applications like eye-tracking, gesture recognition and so on. Therefore, a significant increase in the number of applications in major end-user industries like consumer electronics, automotive and so on will accelerate the growth of the market.
What are NIR Detectors/Sensors?
A Near Infrared (NIR) Detector is used to analyze the surface of the material by using infrared technology. This detector is used in the form of an NIR spectroscopy which uses the near infrared region of an electromagnetic spectrum. So, the infrared region cannot be recognized with the human eye and due to this it is referred as shorter wavelengths in the infrared spectrum.
The major segments of NIR detectors/sensors is further discussed in this report and includes the various types of technologies used in NIR detectors such as MEMS FT-NIR, digital light processing NIR, nyxel, diode, array technology, silicon-on-insulator image sensing and others. The NIR detectors/sensors report is also segmented on the type of products, such as photodetectors, type of image sensors, like CCD and CMOS and modules. NIR detectors/sensors use several types of substrate materials such as Pbs, HgCdTe, InGaAs, Si, Ge and others which are discussed in this report.
What are the major applications of NIR Detectors/Sensors?
NIR detectors/sensors are used in various applications such as eye tracking, gesture recognition, machine vision, 3D mapping, spectroscopy and others. The application like machine vision is the most preferred type of application which is used for providing imaging based automatic inspection and is also used for process control for industrial purposes. Eye-tracking and spectroscopy are also widely used for purposes, like tracking image using HCI (Human Computer Interface) field as a tool for analyzing users’ webpage usage patterns, allowing interaction with disabled people, medical diagnostics, psychological research and several others.
Market Research and Market Trends of NIR Detector/Sensors
- The process improvements have led to rapid developments of the CMOS imagers that have expanded the low-light-level cameras. Thus, CMOS imagers are also used as night vision cameras that will further boost the need for NIR sensors and quantum efficiency.
- The miniaturization of NIR sensors is implemented and therefore used in the application, like spectroscopy for medicinal plant quality control.
- The usage of NIR sensors in IoT applications has become a major trend as IoT does not work without sensors. Medium Wavelength Infrared Radiation (MWIR) sensors have huge demand in IoT applications, as these are used in modern visualization and sensing. The current applications like the detection of real-time data in the smart grid, finding of range, mapping and so on require different sensors like charge-coupled device (CCD), photosensors and others to collect data.
- MWIR sensors are used in drones and robots for cameras and navigation.
- InVisage Technologies Inc (Calfornia) had introduced Spark4K near infrared camera sensor. It has the benefit of Quantum Film technology.
- Spark4K sensor produces the expanded range of operations for NIR cameras that can work with augmented reality and authentication systems. This Spark4K sensor is formed by the QuantumFilm’s higher NIR sensitivity technology which is widely used for providing high resolution.
Who are the Major Players in the NIR Detector/Sensors market?
The companies referred to in the market research report include Sony, OmniVision (U.S), Kyosemi (Japan), ThorLabs (New Jersey), First Sensor (Germany), Teledyne Dalsa (Canada) and so on.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates an in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this, the report also includes a study of the major developments in the market, such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent. We do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&As, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor Market -Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor Market – By Product Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
8.3.2. Image Sensor
9. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor Market – By Wavelength (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1. 900nm to 1100nm
9.2. 1100nm to 1700nm
10. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor Market – By Substrate Material (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.2. Other Materials
10.2.1.1. PTTT- PC60BM
10.2.1.2. Organic dye
10.2.2. Metal-Halide Perovskites
10.2.3. Quantum Dots
11. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor Market – By Application (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.1. Eye Tracking
11.2. Gesture Recognition
11.3. Machine Vision
11.4. 3D Mapping
12. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor – By End User(Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.1. Segment type Size and Market Share Analysis
12.2. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
12.3.1. Consumer Electronics
12.3.3. Military and Defense
13. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
13.1. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor Market - North America Segment Research
13.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
13.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
13.2.2. Revenue and Trends
13.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
13.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
13.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. Rest of North America
13.3. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor- South America Segment Research
13.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
13.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
13.4.2. Revenue and Trends
13.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
13.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
13.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Costa Rica
188.8.131.52. Rest of South America
13.5. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor - Europe Segment Research
13.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
13.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
13.6.2. Revenue and Trends
13.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
13.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
13.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
184.108.40.206. Rest of Europe
13.7. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor – APAC Segment Research
13.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
13.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
13.8.2. Revenue and Trends
13.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
13.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
13.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. South Korea
14. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor Market - Entropy
14.1 New product launches
14.2 M&A s, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
15. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor Market - Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
15.1 Market Share Analysis
15.1.1 Market Share by Country- Top companies
15.1.2 Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
15.1.3 Market Share by type of Application - Top 10 companies
15.1.4 Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
15.1.5 Market Share at a global level - Top 10 companies
15.1.6 Best Practises for companies
16. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor Market - Key Company List by Country Premium
17. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor Market Company Analysis
17.1 Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
17.3. OmniVision (U.S)
17.4. Kyosemi (Japan)
17.5. ThorLabs (New Jersey)
17.6. First Sensor (Germany)
17.7. Teledyne Dalsa (Canada)
17.8. Company 7
17.9. Company 8
17.10. Company 9
17.11. Company 10
17.12. Company 11 & More
*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies
18. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor Market - Appendix
19. Near Infrared Detector/Sensor Market - Methodology
19.1 Research Methodology
19.1.1 Company Expert Interviews
19.1.2 Industry Databases
19.1.4 Company News
19.1.5 Company Annual Reports
19.1.6 Application Trends
19.1.7 New Products and Product database
19.1.8 Company Transcripts
19.1.9 R&D Trends
19.1.10 Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
19.1.11 Supply and Demand Trends