Brazil Animal Nutrition Market - Forecast(2023 - 2028)
Brazil Animal Nutrition Market Overview
Brazil Animal Nutrition Market size is estimated at $11.2 billion in 2021, growing at a CAGR of 4.1% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Animal nutrition products are designed specifically to meet the dietary needs of animals. Some of the vital components found in animal nutrition products necessary for animals to maintain health and enhance productivity include amino acids, trace minerals, probiotics and phytobiotics. Some of the most common additives used to make animal feed include Pichia yeast, soybean and feed binders. Feed binders are used to glue the various additives and ingredients of the animal nutrition product to maintain pellet integrity. Rapid growth in the livestock population of Brazil is one of the major factors that is anticipated to drive the growth of Brazil Animal Nutrition industry during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Brazil Animal Nutrition Market Report Coverage
The “Brazil Animal Nutrition Market Forecast (2022-2027)” by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments in the Brazil Animal Nutrition Market.
By Species: Aquaculture, Poultry, Ruminant, Swine, Pet Animal, Equine and Others.
By Nutrient Product: Eubiotics, Organic Acid, Enzymes, Vitamin D3 and Others.
By Application: Digestion Booster, Immune System Booster, Mycotoxin Binder and Others.
- The poultry segment dominated the Brazil Animal Nutrition market size in the year 2021 owing to the rapid growth in the export of chicken meat by Brazil. Brazil was the largest exporter of chicken in 2021.
- The rising consumption of meat and dairy products among the Brazilian population is anticipated to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Detailed analysis of the Strength, Weaknesses and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Brazil Animal Nutrition Market report.
- However, the surge in prices of animal nutrition ingredients such as amino acids, trace minerals, probiotics and phytobiotics in the country is projected to hamper Brazil Animal Nutrition market share.
Brazil Animal Nutrition Market Share, by Application (%) in 2021
For More Details On this report - Request For Sample
Brazil Animal Nutrition Market Segment Analysis – By Species
Based on Species, the Brazil Animal Nutrition market can be segmented into Aquaculture, Poultry, Ruminant, Swine, Pet Animal, Equine and Others. The Poultry segment accounted for the largest share of the market in 2021 and is poised to grow at a CAGR of 3.6% during the forecast period 2022-2027. The rapid growth of the segment can be attributed to the growth in Brazil’s export of poultry products during the forecast period. According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Brazil was the world’s largest exporter of chicken in 2021. Besides, chicken exports grew at a rate of around 5% in 2021. The Pet Animal segment is also anticipated to witness robust growth during the forecast period owing to the massive rise in the adoption of pet cats and dogs among the Brazilian population during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Brazil Animal Nutrition Market Segment Analysis – By Nutrient Product
Based on Nutrient Products, the Brazil Animal Nutrition market can be further segmented into Eubiotics, Organic Acid, Enzymes, Vitamin D3 and Others. The Eubiotics segment accounted for the largest share of the Brazil Animal Nutrition market in 2021 and is projected to dominate the market during the forecast period 2022-2027. Eubiotics are feed additives that play a crucial part in enhancing animal performance and animal wellbeing by supporting gut health. The nutrient helps maintain a correct balance of microflora in the intestine tracts, thereby improving the gut performance of the animal. However, the Vitamin D3 segment is anticipated to witness the fastest growth at a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Vitamin D3 plays a vital role in bone formation and calcium and phosphorous regulation in cattle.
Brazil Animal Nutrition Market Segment Analysis – By Application
Based on Application, the Brazil Animal Nutrition market can be further segmented into Digestion Booster, Immune System Booster, Mycotoxin Binder and Others. The Digestion Booster segment dominated the Brazil Animal Nutrition Market in 2021 with a share of 36%. Products such as amino acids, trace minerals, probiotics, phytobiotics, enzymes and eubiotics are most commonly used to enhance animal digestion. Although the gut of livestock animals typically produces some quantity of digestive enzymes, they do not produce all the enzymes in sufficient quantities to enable absorption of all nutrients. Therefore, digestion boosters are used to increase the efficiency of digestion, thereby eliminating wastage, increasing efficiency and reducing costs for the farmers. The Immune System Booster segment is anticipated to register the fastest growth during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the rising prevalence of diseases among livestock animals in Brazil.
Brazil Animal Nutrition Market Drivers
Growing Export of Meat is Driving the Brazil Animal Nutrition Industry growth
Growth in Brazil’s meat exports is anticipated to drive the market for animal nutrition as the higher exports are increasing the domestic livestock population, thereby increasing product consumption in the region. According to the United Nations COMTRADE database, Brazil exported around US$18.23 Billion worth of meat and poultry products in 2021. Besides, according to data from Secex (Foreign Trade Secretariat), Brazil exported 4.2 million tons of chicken meat between January and November 2021. This was 9.1% higher than what was shipped during the same period in 2020.
Rapid Rise in Pet Adoption is Poised to Increase the Growth of the Brazil Animal Nutrition Market Size
Rising pet adoption in Brazil after the start of the COVID-19 pandemic is another major factor that is driving the demand for animal nutrition products in the country during the forecast period. According to Agence France-Presse, Brazil had the world’s second-largest market for dog food after the U.S. and the third largest market for pet food in general in 2021. This growth in the adoption of pets in the country caused the sale of pet food products to increase by 13.5% in 2020.
Brazil Animal Nutrition Market Challenge
A surge in the Prices of Animal Nutrition Products is Likely to Challenge the Brazil Animal Nutrition Market Share
Growing prices of animal nutrition products in Brazil are projected to challenge the growth of the market. According to Brazilian cooperatives, soybean prices have increased by 73%, while corn prices increased by around 140% between 2021 and 2022. Both these products combine to form around 51% of the production cost of poultry farms. In addition, the production of animal nutrition products has also declined in the country in 2021, which is further deteriorating the situation.
Brazil Animal Nutrition Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Brazil Animal Nutrition Market. In 2021. The top 10 companies in the Brazil Animal Nutrition Market are:
- Cargill, Incorporated
- BASF SE
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Ingredion Incorporated
- Novus International Inc.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Evonik Industries
- Sodrugestvo Group S.A.
- In June 2022, Royal DSM announced that they have acquired Prodap. Prodap is a Brazilian animal nutrition and technology company that combines technology offerings, consulting services and customized nutritional solutions to help drive efficiency and sustainability in animal farming.
- In September 2021, Royal DSM announced that they have received full regulatory approval from the Brazilian and Chilean authorities to commercialize Bovaer. Bovary is the company’s novel methane-reducing feed additive for ruminants.
- In March 2020, Royal De Heus signed an agreement for the acquisition of the Brazilian cattle nutrition company Cerrado Nutrição Animal, located in Itaberaí, Brazil. Cerrado Nutrição Animal produces a complete range of high-quality dairy and beef products including complete feeds, concentrates, nucleus, mineral supplements and mineral protein supplements.
Animal Nutrition Market - Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Application Analysis, Growth and Forecast Analysis
Report Code: FBR 0049
Companion Animal Feed Ingredients Market - Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Application Analysis, Growth and Forecast Analysis
Report Code: FBR 0350
Cattle Feed Market - Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Application Analysis, Growth and Forecast Analysis
Report Code: AGR 0020
For more Food and Beverage Market reports, please click here
1. Brazil Animal Nutrition Market- Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Brazil Animal Nutrition Market- Executive Summary
3. Brazil Animal Nutrition Market – Landscape
3.1 Company Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Share Analysis – Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Brazil Animal Nutrition Market- Startup Companies Scenario Premium
4.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Brazil Animal Nutrition Market– Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Brazil Animal Nutrition Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints & Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Threat of substitutes
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Bargaining powers of Buyers
6.3.5 Degree of Competition
7. Brazil Animal Nutrition Market– Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle Analysis
8. Brazil Animal Nutrition Market – by Species
8.5 Pet Animal
9. Brazil Animal Nutrition Market – by Application
9.1 Digestion Booster
9.2 Immune System Booster
9.3 Mycotoxin Binder
10. Brazil Animal Nutrition Market- by Nutrient Product
10.1.3 Essential Oils
10.2 Organic Acid
10.2.1 Formic Acid
10.2.2 Lactic Acid
10.2.3 Propionic Acid
10.2.4 Acetic Acid
10.2.5 Medium Chain Fatty Acid
10.4 Vitamin D3
11. Brazil Animal Nutrition Market- Entropy
12. Brazil Animal Nutrition Market– Industry/Segment Competition Landscape Premium
12.1 Competition Matrix
12.2 Best Practices for Companies
13. Brazil Animal Nutrition Market Company Analysis
13.1 Company 1
13.2 Company 2
13.3 Company 3
13.4 Company 4
13.5 Company 5
13.6 Company 6
13.7 Company 7
13.8 Company 8
13.9 Company 9
13.10 Company 10
*"Financials would be provided to private companies on best-efforst basis."
Connect with our experts to get customized reports that best suit your requirements. Our reports include global-level data, niche markets and competitive landscape.