Global Feed Yeast Market Overview
The ban on the use of antibiotics in feed and increased use of yeast as a livestock nutritional supplement are the major drivers for the global feed yeast market. Nutritional components of feed yeast help the animals to metabolize proteins, lipids, and carbohydrates. Feed yeast stimulates infant and youth growth in many species of animals. The global feed yeast market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.78% during the forecast period 2018–2023. Asia is the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 8.06%, which can be mainly attributed to the increase in feed yeast product production with increased focus on animal nutrition in this region.
Global Feed Yeast Market Outlook
The global market of feed yeast has been representing a sharp growth in the recent years owing to the high demand for quality and nutrient-rich feed. The government has placed a ban on the use of antibiotic growth promoters in feed in the U.S. and Europe due to its negative impact on animal health as well as on human health. Poultry was accounted for 29% of the total market share in 2017 followed by ruminants holding a share of 25%.
The global feed yeast market with respect to poultry livestock was valued at $300.69m in 2017 and is estimated to reach $424.52m by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 5.84% during the forecast period. It is estimated that Europe dominated the global feed yeast market in 2017 with 34% of the total market share owing to the strict regulations on the use of antibiotics in feeding stuff and increased awareness of feed yeast benefits.
Global Feed Yeast Market Growth Drivers
The expansion of feed yeast production facilities in China and India with the increasing awareness among livestock farmers of the benefits of feed yeast are projected to provide scope for market expansion in Asia-Pacific.
Consumer demand for clean protein sources in meat products such as yeast has led to meat consumption growth, which in turn has boosted the market for feed yeast. Beta-glucans, nucleotides, and mannan-oligosaccharides are the major yeast derivatives that display effective pathogen binding capacities that restrict the growth of pathogens in the animal body. The health benefits of using yeast derivatives as a feed additive increases their demand in the feed industry.
Global Feed Yeast Market Challenges
The high production cost is the major factor barring the growth of the market. However, lack of awareness of feed yeast and the associated benefits among farmers in developing countries is one of the key factors currently hindering market growth. Government rules and regulations on yeast feed packaging, manufacturing, and labeling other factors that currently restrict the market growth.
Global Feed Yeast Market Research Scope
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of feed yeast that will be used for livestock. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the type of feed yeast product and its specific applications in different types of livestock.
Global Feed Yeast Market Report: Industry Coverage
By Type: Spent yeast and derivative yeast
By Form Type: Dry, instant, and fresh
By Livestock: Poultry, swine, ruminants, pet animals, aquatic animals, and others
The global feed yeast market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S. and Canada
- Latin America: Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Colombia, and Rest of Latin America
- Europe: The U.K., France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Belgium, The Netherlands, Denmark, and Rest of Europe
- Asia: China, Japan, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, and Rest of Asia
- Oceania: Australia, New Zealand, and Rest of Oceania
Global Feed Yeast Market Trends
- Feed yeast is becoming increasingly popular and is replacing antibiotics as it improves livestock health and performance. For these reasons, due to its inherent advantages, the feed yeast market is gaining a strong foothold throughout the world.
- Increased industrialization is leading to increased yeast consumption in the livestock industry. The impact of industrialization is modest but long term.
- Innovation in variety of feed yeast for improved functionality of livestock provides significant opportunities for the manufacturers.
Key Questions Addressed in the Global Feed Yeast Market Report
1. Is the global feed yeast market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Which type of global feed yeast presents the major growth opportunities?
3. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
4. Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
5. Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
6. What is the current status of global feed yeast in different countries?
7. Which type of service will witness heavy adoption of global feed yeast in the near future?
8. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
9. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
10. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market?
11. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
12. What are the recent innovations in the market?
13. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
14. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
15. What is the futuristic scenario for the adoption of global feed yeast?
16. What is our Vision 2030 for the global feed yeast market?
A few focus points of this Research are given below:
- Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies.
- Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning.
- Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships.
- Explore the regional sales activities.
- Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future global feed yeast market during the forecast period 2018–2023.
- Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures.
IndustryARC Research Best Practices
The global feed yeast market size is evaluated based on the number of products per organization type along with the varying price points pertaining to specific applications. These were identified as key informational conjectures for market estimation in 2017.
The global feed yeast market share is thoroughly checked against all data points that have been incorporated and rechecked against various data sources. Various C-level executives and key opinion leaders are contacted for verification of the data.
The global feed yeast market forecast and growth rate are achieved by applying the time series forecasting methodology on the various factors. The market forecast and growth rate are further backed with historical trends of the market along with a regressive mathematical model that assesses the value based on factors such as capital expenditure, equipment lifespan, R&D investments, and so on.
The global feed yeast market demand has been researched taking into account the prominent economies across the different geographic regions to understand their corresponding impact on the market.
The global feed yeast market drivers are evaluated for short-term, medium-term, and long-term based on the different market dynamics impacting the market.
The global feed yeast market challenges are evaluated for short-term, medium-term, and long-term based on the different market dynamics impacting the market.
The global feed yeast market trends have been analyzed taking into consideration the micro and macro trends prevalent in various geographies.
The global feed yeast market outlook provides a brief overview of the market performance and anticipated change in market dynamics.
The global feed yeast market analysis also involves the identification of new companies that have entered the market scenario and their impact on the market dynamics in the future.
1. Global Feed Yeast Market – Market Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Global Feed Yeast Market – Executive Summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends
3. Global Feed Yeast Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1. Comparative Analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis – Top Companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Global Feed Yeast Market – Startup Companies Scenario
4.1. Top Startup Company Analysis By
4.1.2. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.3. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Global Feed Yeast Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing Business Index
5.3. Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Global Feed Yeast Market – Market Forces
6.2. Constraints & Challenges
6.3. Porter’s Five Force Model
6.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.3.2. Bargaining Power of Customers
6.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
6.3.4. Rivalry Among Existing Players
6.3.5. Threat of Substitutes
7. Global Feed Yeast Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1. Value Chain Analysis
7.2. Opportunities Analysis
7.3. Market Life Cycle
8. Global Feed Yeast Market – By Type (Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Type Segment Analysis
8.2.1. Spent Yeast (Brewer’s Yeast)
8.2.2. Derivative Yeast
188.8.131.52. Selenium Yeast
184.108.40.206. Autolyzed Yeast
220.127.116.11. Mannan-oligosaccharides Yeast (MOS)
18.104.22.168. Nucleotides Yeast
22.214.171.124. β-glucans Yeast
9. Global Feed Yeast Market – By Form Type (Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
9.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
9.2. Form Type Segment Analysis
10. Global Feed Yeast Market – By Livestock (Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
10.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
10.2. Live Stock Segment Analysis
10.2.4. Pet Animals
10.2.5. Aquatic Animals
11. Global Feed Yeast Market – By Geography (Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
11.1. Global Feed Yeast Market – North America Segment Research
11.2. North America Market Research (Market Size — $Million/$Billion)
11.2.1. Segment Type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.2.2. North America
11.3. Global Feed Yeast Market — Latin America Segment Research
11.4. Latin America Market Research (Market Size — $Million/$Billion)
11.4.1. Segment Type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.4.2. Latin America
126.96.36.199. Rest of Latin America
11.5. Global Feed Yeast Market – Europe Segment Research
11.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size — $Million/$Billion)
11.6.1. Segment Type Size and Market Size Analysis
188.8.131.52. The Netherlands
184.108.40.206. Rest of Europe
11.7. Global Feed Yeast Market – Asia Segment Research
11.8. Asia Market Research (Market Size — $Million/$Billion)
11.8.1. Segment Type Size and Market Size Analysis
220.127.116.11. South Korea
18.104.22.168. Rest of Asia
11.9. Global Feed Yeast Market – Oceania Segment Research
11.10. Oceania Market Research (Market Size — $Million/$Billion)
11.10.1. Segment Type Size and Market Size Analysis
22.214.171.124. New Zealand
126.96.36.199. Rest of Oceania
12. Global Feed Yeast Market – Market Entropy
12.1. New Product Launches
12.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs and Partnerships
13. Global Feed Yeast Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape
13.1. Market Share Analysis
13.1.1. Market Share – Top Companies
13.1.2. Market Share by Region – Top Companies
13.1.3. Market Share by types – Top 10 Companies
14. Global Feed Yeast Market — Production Data of Top Companies (Globally)
15. Global Feed Yeast Market — Key Company List
16. Global Feed Yeast Market Company Analysis
16.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
16.2. Associated British Foods plc
16.3. AngelYeast Co., Ltd.
16.4. The Archer Daniels Midland Company
16.6. Cargill, Incorporated
16.8. Lallemand Inc.
16.9. Novus International, Inc.
16.10. Leiber GmbH
16.12. Company 11
16.13. Company 12 and more
"* Financials of private companies will be provided on a best-efforts basis"
17. Global Feed Yeast Market – Appendix
18. Global Feed Yeast Market – Methodology
18.1. Research Methodology
18.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
18.1.2. Industry Databases
18.1.4. Company News
18.1.5. Company Annual Reports
18.1.6. Application Trends
18.1.7. New Products and Product Database
18.1.8. Company Transcripts
18.1.9. R&D Trends
18.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews