Digestive Health Drinks Market Overview
Digestive Health Drinks Market size is estimated to reach $36.2 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 6.2% during 2021-2026. Digestive health drinks are drinks that help to overcome the symptoms of an overburdened digestive tract. These health drinks also prevent digestive problems such as indigestion, bloating and gas, gallstones, peptic, and ulcer diseases. Digestive health drinks utilize natural and active ingredients such as vitamin B12, protease, amylase, lactase, pepsin, and potassium, which are essential for the health of the human digestive system. Growing awareness related to consumption of healthy digestive drinks, rise in demand for food enzyme ingredients, and increasing incidences of digestive health problems are the factors set to drive the growth of the global Digestive Health Drinks Market for 2021-2026.
The report: “Digestive Health Drinks Market Forecast (2021-2026)” by Industry ARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Digestive Health Drinks Market.
By Ingredients: Prebiotics, Probiotics, and Food Enzymes.
By Distribution Channel: Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Pharmacies, Online Channels, Others.
By Geography: North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, and Rest of South America) and Rest of World (Middle East and Africa).
- Geographically, Asia-Pacific Digestive Health Drinks Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2020. It is poised to dominate over the period 2021-2026 owing to the growing demand for protease and lactase food enzymes in health drinks.
- The health-beneficial properties of probiotic ingredients in aiding digestion are driving the growth of the probiotic ingredients segment. However, high research and development costs for developing probiotic digestive health drinks are one of the major factors that are said to reduce the growth of the Digestive Health Drinks Market.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weaknesses, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Digestive Health Drinks Market report.
Digestive Health Drinks Market Size, By Ingredients, 2020-2026 (USD Million)
For more details on this report - Request for Sample
Digestive Health Drinks Market Segment Analysis-By Ingredients
The Digestive Health Drinks Market based on the Ingredients can be further segmented into Prebiotics, Probiotics, and Food Enzymes. The Probiotics segment held the largest share in 2020 owing to its wide availability as probiotic digestive shots, kefirs, drinkable yogurts, and other technological advancements in probiotic products. The health-beneficial properties of probiotic ingredients in aiding digestion are likely to drive the growth of the Digestive Health Drinks Market. The Food Enzymes segment is estimated to be the fastest-growing segment with a CAGR of 6.7% over 2021-2026. This growth is owing to its properties, such as improved shelf life and dough stability. The growing demand for various food enzymes such as protease, amylase, lactase, and pepsin in health drinks is propelling the growth of the Digestive Health Drinks Market.
Digestive Health Drinks Market Segment Analysis-By Distribution Channel
The Digestive Health Drinks Market based on the Distribution Channel can be further segmented into Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Pharmacies, Online Channels, Others. The Supermarkets/Hypermarkets segment held the largest share in 2020 owing to the availability of a wide range of digestive health drinks with different brands and price ranges. The availability of distinct product shelves with attractive schemes in supermarkets is driving the growth of the Digestive Health Drinks Market. The Online Channels segment is estimated to be the fastest-growing segment with a CAGR of 7.3% over 2021-2026. This growth is owing to factors such as growing demand for digitalized shopping experiences among the customers and the rise in the demand for door-stop delivery.
Digestive Health Drinks Market Segment Analysis-By Geography
The Digestive Health Drinks Market based on the Geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Rest of the World. Asia-Pacific held the largest share, with 31% of the overall market in 2020. The growth in this the segment is owing to the factors such as the increase in awareness related to consumption of healthy drinks, rising demand for probiotic-based products, and growing demand for protease and lactase food enzymes in health drinks. The rise in the importance of high fiber consumption to support a healthy digestive and immune system is driving the growth of the Digestive Health Drinks Market. Europe is estimated to be the fastest-growing segment over the period 2021-2026. The growth in this segment is owing to the factors such as the increase in the product launches of amylase and pepsin food enzymes in the region, growing demand for various flavors in digestive health drinks, rising demand for prebiotic products.
Digestive Health Drinks Market Drivers
Rising Incidences of Digestive Problems in Elderly is Projected to Drive Market Growth.
The rise in digestive health problems, such as indigestion, bloating, and others, especially in the elderly population, has increased the customers' awareness about the health benefits associated with the consumption of healthy drinks. These health-conscious customers are also opting for probiotic and prebiotic health drinks as they help treat various digestive disorders, driving the growth of the Digestive Health Drinks Market.
Increase in Demand for Food Enzyme Ingredient Products is Expected to Boost Product Demand
The demand for various food enzyme ingredients such as protease, amylase, and lactase in health drinks is increasing yearly. The need is increasing owing to their ability to improve the digestive system. The manufacturers are also tapping on improving their portfolios using lactase and pepsin food enzymes, which is further propelling the growth of the Digestive Health Drinks Market.
Digestive Health Drinks Market Challenges
High Research and Development Costs for Developing Probiotic Digestive Health Drinks is Anticipated to Hamper Market Growth
Substantial investments in research and development activities and the high cost of hiring trained professionals are barriers to market growth. Moreover, the marketing and distribution of probiotic health drink products also add to the product price, as they require different packaging and distribution channels than common products, which is another major factor estimated to reduce the growth of the Digestive Health Drinks Market.
Digestive Health Drinks Market Competitive Landscape:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Digestive Health Drinks Market. Key companies of this market are:
- General Mills
- Lifeway foods
- Clover Industries
- DuPont de Nemours Inc
- Arla Foods Inc
- Nestle SA
- Yakult Honsha Pvt Ltd, and
- Probi AB among others.
- In October 2020, Nestle has launched ready-to-drink protein-based beverages for special medical purposes, which has partially hydrolyzed guar gum (PHGG) as the main component. This product improves digestive intolerance.
- In May 2019, Dupont has launched a new culture line that contains its premium HOWARU® probiotics which are specially designed for fermented plant-based products to improve digestive health and well-being. This product is easy to integrate with existing cultures used in plant-based fermented beverage formulations.
Report Code: FBR 0363
Report Code: FBR 81345
For more Food and Beverage Market related reports, please click here
1. Digestive Health Drinks Market - Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Digestive Health Drinks Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends
2.2 Key trends by Ingredients
2.3 Key trends by Distribution Channel
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Digestive Health Drinks Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Digestive Health Drinks Market - Startup Companies Scenario Premium
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Digestive Health Drinks Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Digestive Health Drinks - Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Digestive Health Drinks Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Digestive Health Drinks Market – By Ingredients(Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.3 Food Enzymes
9. Digestive Health Drinks Market – By Distribution Channel(Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.3 Online Channels
10. Digestive Health Drinks Market - By Geography(Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 North America
10.2.7 Rest of Europe
10.3.4 South Korea
10.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
10.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
10.4 South America
10.4.3 Rest of South America
10.5 Rest of the World
10.5.1 Middle East
11. Digestive Health Drinks Market - Entropy
12. Digestive Health Drinks Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape Premium
12.1 Market Share Analysis
12.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
12.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
12.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
12.1.4 Competition Matrix
12.1.5 Best Practices for Companies
13. Digestive Health Drinks Market – Key Company List by Country Premium Premium
14. Digestive Health Drinks Market Company Analysis
14.1 Company 1
14.2 Company 2
14.3 Company 3
14.4 Company 4
14.5 Company 5
14.6 Company 6
14.7 Company 7
14.8 Company 8
14.9 Company 9
14.10 Company 10
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.