Egg Ingredients Market Overview
Egg Ingredients Market size is forecast to reach $1217.6 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 4.7% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Eggshell is made of calcium carbonate crystals which is a semi-permeable membrane and has a thin outermost coating called the bloom or cuticle that helps keep out bacteria and dust. Increasing demand for high-quality protein and increasing cardiovascular risk are the major factors driving the growth of the market. An increase in the consumption of animal by-products further enhance the overall market demand for egg ingredient.
The report: “Egg Ingredients Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Egg Ingredients Market.
By Type: Egg White, Egg Yolk and Whole Egg
By Form: Liquid, Solid and Dried
By Application: Food and Beverages, Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals, and Others
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World.
- North America dominates the Egg Ingredients Market in 2019 owing to a rise in the application of liquid egg in various food preparations. The Egg Ingredients market scope for different regions will be provided in the final report.
- Increasing awareness among the consumer about the health and improved functionality of egg proteins is likely to aid in the market growth of the egg ingredients market.
- Detailed analysis of the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Egg Ingredients Market report.
- Pricing issues and shifting consumer preferences create hurdles for the Egg Ingredients Market
Type- Segment Analysis
The whole egg segment held the largest share in the Egg Ingredients Market in 2019 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.6% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Whole eggs contain calories and micronutrients that come with the egg yolks. Fat-soluble vitamins in eggs are found in the yolk. The yolks contain the healthy fats and cholesterol necessary for the production of hormones such as testosterone. The yellow yolk of an egg is surrounded by the egg white which is a clear and thick liquid. In a fertilized egg, they act as a protective layer to defend a growing chicken from harmful bacteria and also provide some nutrients for its growth. Whole eggs contain an amino acid that supports bodybuilding. It is estimated that the whole egg is the fastest growing segment during the forecast period.
Form- Segment Analysis
The liquid segment held the largest share in the Egg Ingredients Market in 2019. The liquid form of the egg is called albumen or glair which is formed from the layers of secretions of the anterior section of the hen's oviduct during the passage of the egg. It is formed around fertilized or unfertilized egg yolks. The liquid egg is also used in the preparation of ice cream, egg nog, and in particular sauces. The relatively high-fat content of egg yolk gives a lovely creamy and solid texture. The liquid egg is available with and without preservatives and from all laying systems.
Geography - Segment Analysis
North America dominated the egg ingredients market in 2019 with a share of more than 43%, followed by the Asia Pacific owing to the high consumption levels of an egg. Increasing health consciousness, increasing demand for healthy bakery products and changing lifestyles are increasing the growth of the egg ingredients market in this region.
However, Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is attributed to the technological advancements and production of new egg products.
Drivers – Egg Ingredients Market
- Increasing awareness among the consumer about the health and improved functionality of egg proteins
Increasing awareness among the consumer about the health and improved functionality of egg proteins is increasing the growth of the egg ingredients market. Eggs are a good source of inexpensive and high-quality protein. More than half the protein of an egg is found in the egg white, which includes vitamin B2 and lower amounts of fat than the yolk. Eggs are rich sources of selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12, and minerals such as zinc, iron, and copper. High-quality protein allows people to feel full longer& stay energized and it helps to build muscles which help them to maintain a healthy weight. Thus, increasing the growth of the egg ingredients market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Increasing demand for high-quality protein and increasing cardiovascular risk
Increasing demand for high-quality protein and increasing cardiovascular risk is increasing the growth of the egg ingredients market owing to the reduction in egg consumption has been widely recommended to lower blood cholesterol levels and prevent coronary heart disease and cardiovascular diseases. Eggs are important sources of cholesterol and other nutrients. Eggs are a prominent source of dietary cholesterol that contains high-quality protein, many vitamins, and bioactive components such as phospholipids and carotenoids. Thus, increasing the growth of the egg ingredients market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Challenges – Egg Ingredients Market
- Pricing issues and shifting consumer preferences
Some of the factors that is set to impede the growth of the ingredients of the egg market are pricing issues and shifting consumer preferences.
Egg Ingredients Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Egg Ingredients Market. In 2019, Egg Ingredients Market share is consolidated by the top ten players present in the market. Egg Ingredients, the top 10 companies are Cal Maine foods, CP Group, Rembrandt Enterprises, Avangardco, Avril Group, Wadi Group, Versova Holdings LLC, Centre Fresh Group and Michael Foods among others.
- In October 2018, Cal Maine foods acquire Featherland Egg Farms.
- In May 2020, Michael Foods collaborated with Eat JUST Inc.
1. Egg Ingredients Market - Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Egg Ingredients Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends
2.2 Key trends by Type
2.3 Key trends by Form
2.4 Key trends by Application
2.5 Key trends by Geography
3. Egg Ingredients Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Egg Ingredients Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Egg Ingredients Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Egg Ingredients Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Egg Ingredients Market– Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Egg Ingredients Market– By Type(Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Egg White
8.2 Egg Yolk
8.3 Whole Egg
9. Egg Ingredients Market– By Form(Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10. Egg Ingredients Market– By Application(Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Food and Beverages
10.1.1 Bakery and snacks
10.1.2 Dietary Supplements
10.1.3 Dairy Products
10.1.5 Functional Food
11. Egg Ingredients Market- By Geography
11.1 North America
11.2.6 Rest of Europe
11.3 Asia Pacific
11.3.4 South Korea
11.3.6 New Zealand
11.3.7 Rest of Asia-Pacific
11.4 Rest of the World
11.4.1 Middle East
11.4.3 South America
12. Egg Ingredients Market- Entropy
13. Egg Ingredients Market– Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
13.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
13.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
14. Egg Ingredients Market– Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
15. Egg Ingredients Market Company Analysis
15.1 Company 1
15.2 Company 2
15.3 Company 3
15.4 Company 4
15.5 Company 5
15.6 Company 6
15.7 Company 7
15.8 Company 8
15.9 Company 9
15.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.