APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market size are forecast to reach $6,435.27 million by 2030, after growing at a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period of 2020-2030. The growth of R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for feedstock Market is driven by factors such as the rise in consumption of R-22 PTFE feedstock in the automotive, transportation, and electronics sector. Besides, PTFE is known as a problem solver and is the ideal material for a wide variety of industries and environments that need it. A technology based on photosensitive liquid PTFE resin which has already been successfully adopted by some customers operating in various industrial sectors from components that must guarantee high chemical resistance to applications in the electronic field. Hence, the following factors overall increase the growth of the APAC and Latin America R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) Industry over the forecast period.
The report “APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market– Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market.
By Feedstock: Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) and Hexafluoropyropylene (HFP)
By Geography: Latin America and Asia Pacific.
- For instance, 3M developed their 3D printing technology which enabled the development of PTFE components with complex geometries and precise information that goes beyond the capabilities of traditional processing techniques.
- The growing use of monomer TFE and HFP and its further produced TPFE material across different end-use industries leads to increased growth of chemical feedstock’s which tends to increase the market growth.
- Increasing use of PTFEin coatings for fittings, pipes, valves, and other pump parts, and in seats and plugs is anticipated to boost the market in the forecast period.
- The greatest use of chloroform is in chlorodifluoromethane preparation. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, chloroform production has been severely affected in recent times due to the temporary shutdown of industries and production facilities. It further affected the production and supply and demand chain of chlorodifluoromethane across diverse verticals. Thus, restricting the growth of the APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market.
Feedstock - Segment Analysis
Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) held the largest share in APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market in 2019 and is expected to rise at a CAGR of 5.4% in terms of revenue during the forecast period from 2020-2030. Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is a silicone-based plastic fluoropolymer compound that contains both carbon and fluorine. PTFE is commonly used in various applications in the core and healthcare industries due to its highly unique properties such as resistivity to UV light, sunlight, and weathering, strong anti-adhesion properties, highly versatile, efficient fatigue resistance under low stress, low water adsorption and others. PTFE is usually found in insulation in the electrical industry, as well as in semiconductor parts and flexible printed circuit boards, whereas PTFE can be found in bearing and non-stick surfaces in the engineering sector. Also, R22 or HCFC-22 plays a major role in the development of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE). Hence, after getting phased out from the refrigeration applications, R22 still can present in the feedstock market and is expected to drive the R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) market during the forecast period.
Geography- Segment Analysis
Asia-Pacific dominated the APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market with a share of 94% in 2019 and is projected to dominate the market during the forecast period (2020-2030). Asia-Pacific is the major PTFE market, which accounted for nearly half of the total global demand. The region is further expected to display very high growth in the future, mainly due to the Chinese market's high growth potential. Currently, China consumes about 70% of the HCFC-22 it produces, and of that fraction, about 60% goes to emissive uses (e.g., refrigeration), while the remaining 40% is used as a feedstock (e.g., in the production of PTFE). Also, The Dongyue plant in Shandong used PFOA to make more than 49,000 tons of Teflon in 2013 as well as four other products, including PVDF, a compound used in the semiconductor, medical, and defence industries.Globally, China was the dominant consumer of PTFE in 2019. Japan is growingly specialized in non-PTFE fluoropolymers. During the forecast period, Japanese consumption of both PTFE and other fluoropolymers will continue to grow moderately. Furthermore, the COVID-19 impact on the chemical industry has experienced a huge crisis due to lockdown, owning to this, the production level of PTFE have been reduced, and thus the market of R22 is getting reduced just for current years, but will increase in upcoming years.
Drivers –APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market
- The high use of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) in the automotive and electronics industries will speed up the consumption of R-22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) as it is PTFE feedstock
Polytetrafluoroethylene is extensively used in the automotive and transport industries to improve efficiency & to regulate emissions. Whereas in the electronics industry, due to its excellent electrical properties such as high insulation resistance, low dielectric constant, PTFE is used in electrical insulation, versatile printed circuit boards, and semiconductor parts. Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) offers advantages such as temperature resistance to 500°C, superior lubricant and fuel resistance, excellent thermal stability, sealing at high rotational speeds, good mechanical strengths, and low friction/wear properties. Owing to which it is widely used in automotive applications. Thus, increasing demand for polytetrafluoroethylene in the automotive and electronics industries will drive the market for R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) in the forecast period.
Challenges – APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market
- The phase-out of R22 and increase in prices are constraints in the market
Globally, production and import of R22 will be continuously reduced until 2020, when all manufacturing and imports are eliminated. The cost of R22 is rising significantly due to the decreasing availability. There are now also some strict regulations about how to reclaim and recycle R22 which increases the price. By early 2010 production and import of R22 were banned. Current maintenance, however, if an R22 supply is available, new equipment is still necessary.According to the Montreal Protocol, the production of R22 has been stopped and the stocks are banned for refrigeration applications but are getting used for feedstock applications. However, current maintenance, new equipment is still appropriate if an R22 supply is available. Therefore, these factors may restrain the market growth of R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane).
Technology launches, acquisitions, and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the APAC and Latin AmericaR22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) Market. In 2019, the market of APAC and Latin AmericaR22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) has been consolidated by the top ten seven players accounting for XX% of the share. Major players in the APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market are Honeywell, Dongyue Group Ltd., Refex Industries Ltd., Navin Florine International, Jiangsu Meilan Chemical Co., Ltd., Zhejiang Sanmei Chemicals Co., Ltd., Zhejiang Yonghe Refrigerant Co., Ltd., Beijing Starget Chemicals Co., Ltd., Zhejiang MR Refrigerant Co., Ltd., 3F New Materials Co., Ltd. among others.
1. APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market- Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market- Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key Trends by Feedstock
2.3 Key Trends by Geography
3. APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market- Landscape
3.1 Comparative analysis
3.1.1 Market Share Analysis- Top Companies
3.1.2 Product Benchmarking- Top Companies
3.1.3 Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.4 Patent Analysis- Top Companies
3.1.5 Pricing Analysis
4. APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market- Startup companies Scenario Premium (Premium)
4.1 Top startup company Analysis by
4.1.3 Market Shares
4.1.4 Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market– Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case studies of successful ventures
5.4 Customer Analysis - Top companies
6. APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market- Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints
6.3 Market Opportunities
6.4 Porters five force model
6.4.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3 Threat of new entrants
6.4.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5 Threat of substitutes
7. APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market-Strategic analysis
7.1 Value chain analysis
7.2 Opportunities analysis
7.3 Market life cycle
7.4 Suppliers and distributors Analysis
8. APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market– By Feedstock (Market Size -$Million and KT)
8.1 Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
8.2 Hexafluoropyropylene (HFP)
9. APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market- By Geography (Market Size -$Million and KT)
9.1 Latin America
9.1.8 Costa Rica
9.1.9 Rest of Latin America
9.2 Asia Pacific
9.2.2 Australia & New Zealand
9.2.7 South Korea
9.2.8 Rest of Asia Pacific
10. APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market- Entropy
10.1 New Product Launches
10.2 M&A’s, Collaborations, JVs and Partnerships
11. Market Share Analysis (Premium)
11.1 Market Share by Country- Top companies
11.2 Market Share by Region- Top companies
11.3 Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top companies
11.4 Market Share at global level- Top companies
11.5 Best Practices for companies
12. APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market- List of Key Companies by Country (Premium)
13. APAC and LATAM R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) for Feedstock Market- Company Analysis
13.1 Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
13.3 Dongyue Group Ltd.
13.4 Refex Industries Ltd.
13.5 Navin Florine International
13.6 Jiangsu Meilan Chemical Co., Ltd.
13.7 Zhejiang Sanmei Chemicals Co., Ltd.
13.8 Zhejiang Yonghe Refrigerant Co., Ltd.
13.9 Beijing Starget Chemicals Co., Ltd.
13.10 Zhejiang MR Refrigerant Co., Ltd.
13.11 3F New Materials Co., Ltd.
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"