The Market for France Genset Market is estimated to reach $ 680.81 mn in 2025 and is analyzed to grow at a CAGR of 2.93% during forecast period 2020-2025. Rising demand for continuous and reliable power supply and growing demand for hybrid diesel gensets are some of the main driving factors for the genset industry. Growing number of power outages and power failures are also creating a huge demand for power backup devices, of which genset is a part, especially in developing countries.
The report: “France Genset Market – Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the France Genset Market.
By Power – Upto 100KVA, 100 - 350 KVA, 350 - 700 KVA, 700 - 1000 KVA, 1000 - 2000 KVA, 2000 - 4000 KVA, Above 4000 KVA
By Fuel Type – Diesel, Natural Gas, Bifuel, Others
By Power Type – Peak Shaving, Standby Power, Continuous/Prime Power
By Mobility – Stationary, Mobile, Portable, Marine
By End User – Residential, Enterprise, Retail, Public Infrastructure, Marine, Data Centers, Hospitality, Healthcare, Telecom, Power Generation, Oil and Gas, Mining, Manufacturing, Others
- France Genset Market by power is dominated by 100 – 350 kVA which is growing at the highest CAGR of 4.01% during the forecast period 2020 – 2025 due to growing government initiatives with significant investments.
- Manufacturing is analyzed to be the dominant industry with a share of 18% in 2019 owing to the presence and growth of the industries including automotive, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, textile and other manufacturing.
- As industrial sector is one of the major sector with major food and beverage, machinery, chemical and others contributing to the GDP, the significant deployment of the Genset in these sector is also set to impact the market growth rate.
- The COVID-19 has brought everything including construction, manufacturing, tourism and others to halt where the Genset are majorly deployed, thereby hindering the market growth rate for certain period.
Power - Segment Analysis
France Genset Market by power is dominated by 100 – 350 kVA which is growing at the highest CAGR of 4.01% during the forecast period 2020 – 2025. 100-350KVA power rating Genset is deployed in the emergency standby, industrial, mining, construction, solar backup and many other applications. The growing government initiatives with significant investments in the renewable energy generation in France is set to boost the demand for Genset with power rating 100-350KVA. In April, 2020, over 135MW of solar projects have been announced for the development, therefore the significant procurement of the high power Genset is set to boost the demand. In March 2019, an eco-friendly data center has been announced to be built in France with an investment of $804.49 to be estimated to finish by 2023. As data centers handle large amount of data the power supply has to be uninterrupted to avoid any loss of data.
End User - Segment Analysis
Manufacturing is analyzed to be the dominant industry with a share of 18% in 2019 owing to the presence and growth of the industries including automotive, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, textile and other manufacturing. In January 2020, Coca-Cola and Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) have announced to invest approximately $1.1bn in France over the next five years. These investments are significantly set to contribute to the manufacturing sector, thereby impacting on the procurement of Genset for backup power applications. The growing developments owing to the adoption of industrial automation, block chain is set to boost the data centers growth therefore are analyzed to grow at highest growth rate of 4.32% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Data centers provide the quick access to companies, hence the growth rate is significantly high. They consume a considerable amount of energy and they are maintained at a sustainable temperature to avoid heating up of the servers due to heavy traffic. Hence the Genset are significantly deployed in these for immediate backup power. In May 2019, Equinix has announced its data centers expansion with an investment of $2bn. The expansion includes construction of data centers in France, Spain, Australia and so on.
Fuel Type - Segment Analysis
France Genset Market is dominated by Natural Gas which is growing at the highest CAGR of 4.34%. Natural gas Genset are cost effective generators and are environmental friendly. As these are environmental friendly the demand for these generators is significantly rising owing to the rising environmental issues, thereby contributing to the market growth rate. The significant demand for the gas Genset due to environmental factors has impacted the rise in product launches thereby boosting the market growth rate. In March 2020, Cummins Inc., introduced its latest C25G gas generator series owing to the rising demand from the end user industries. In February 2017, Kohler Power has acquired Clarke Energy, a UK based firm for $350M thereby extending the gaseous generators in the portfolio. These factors are significantly impacting the growth rate of France Genset Market
Drivers – France Genset Market
Urbanization and Industrialization
Large portion of the France’s population live in urban areas. Hence the significant deployment of the Genset in the urban areas for uninterrupted power supply in residential as well as offices is set to boost the market growth rate. As industrial sector is one of the major sector with major food and beverage, machinery, chemical and others contributing to the GDP, the significant deployment of the Genset in these sector is also set to impact the market growth rate. In April 2020, Kobelco construction machinery has announced to expand its France network. Therefore the growing expansions alongside the significant deployment of Genset in the construction sector for construction machinery is analyzed to boost the market growth rate during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Rising demand for Uninterrupted Power supply
The rising demand for the uninterrupted power supply is majorly due to the growing demand from the advanced technologies such as automation, connectivity solutions, cloud computing requiring data centers and so on that require uninterrupted power supply. In January 2020, Beeks Financial group has announced to open a data center in Paris, France. Hence the requirement of uninterrupted power supply for these data centers in the cooling systems, working of servers and so on is significantly high as they deal with high amount of data and any glitch in data could create a huge loss.
Challenges – France Genset Market
COVID-19 impact on industry verticals
The global pandemic COVID-19 has significantly impacted on the manufacturing sector around the world. The nationwide lockdown implemented in March and April, 2020 has significantly impacted the manufacturing industry, and many other sectors thereby acting as the challenge for the market. As France is a major tourist destination for travelers, tourism is the major industry for the France’s GDP, the country has been significantly affected by the rising COVID 19 cases. The COVID-19 has brought everything including construction, manufacturing, tourism and others to halt where the Genset are majorly deployed, thereby hindering the market growth rate for certain period.
Product launches, acquisitions, and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the France Genset Market. France Genset Market is expected to be dominated by major companies such as Caterpillar Inc., Kohler Power (Kohler-SDMO), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Cummins, Atlas Copco, Yanmar Corp., Wartsila Group and Doosan Group among others.
- In January 2020, Beeks Financial group has announced to open a data center in Paris, France. Hence the requirement of uninterrupted power supply for these data centers in the cooling systems, working of servers and so on is significantly high as they deal with high amount of data and any glitch in data could create a huge loss.
- In September 2018, the French government announced to invest $15.5bn in the high speed rail network. Hence the requirement of continuous power supply in these sectors alongside the growing expansions is set to boost the France Genset Market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Owing to the increased demand from the cloud computing, Microsoft has announced to open four data centers in France in 2018. Hence the growing development of data centers alongside the significant requirement of the continuous power supply to avoid any data loss and other complications is set to boost the market growth rate during the forecast period 2020-2025.
1. France Genset Market – Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Landscape
3.1 Market Share Analysis
3.2 Comparative Analysis
3.3 Product Benchmarking
3.4 End User Profiling
3.5 Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. France Genset Market – Market Forces
4.5 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitutes
126.96.36.199 Degree of Competition
5. France Genset Market -By Power
5.1 Upto 100KVA
5.2 100 - 350 KVA
5.3 350 - 700 KVA
5.4 700 - 1000 KVA
5.5 1000 - 2000 KVA
5.6 2000 - 4000 KVA
5.7 Above 4000 KVA
6. France Genset Market -By Fuel Type
6.2 Natural Gas
7. France Genset Market - By Power Type
7.1 Peak Shaving
7.2 Standby Power
7.3 Continuous/Prime Power
8. France Genset Market – By Mobility
9. France Genset Market – End Users
9.4 Public Infrastructure
9.6 Data Centers
9.10 Power Generation
9.11 Oil and Gas
10. France Genset Market – Market Entropy
11. Company Profiles (By- Introduction, Financials, Key Insights, Key Strategy, Product
Portfolio, SWOT Analysis)
11.2 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
11.4 Wartsila Corp
11.6 Atlas Copco
11.7 Ingersoll Rand
11.8 Kohler Power (Kohler-SDMO)
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
17. Expert Insights