South Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market - Forecast(2023 - 2028)
South Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market Overview
South Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market Size is forecast to reach $2.9 million by 2026, at a CAGR of 8.8% during forecast period 2021-2026. As stated by WNA, South Korea is among the world's most prominent nuclear energy countries, and exports it’s technology widely. 24 reactors provide about one-third of South Korea's electricity from 23 GWe of plant. Moreover, there are 24 operable nuclear reactors and four reactors under construction. Hence the significant deployment of the heat recovery systems in these sectors is set to majorly contribute to the market growth rate. As the power generation sector is highly dependent on heat recovery systems and is a major end user industry, the demand is set to significantly rise thereby impacting on the market growth rate. Waste heat recovery market is driven by the increasing demand of Korea Waste Heat Recovery System in various industries such as cement, petroleum & chemical refining and others coupled with the growing number of products offered by the key players. Key players in the Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market are General Electric, Echogen Power Systems LLC., and others. The market is moderately consolidated by few major companies and the major development strategies adopted by these companies are mergers, product launches among others.
The report: “Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market Report– Forecast (2021-2026)”, by IndustryARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Korea Waste Heat Recovery System market.
By Temperature: Ultra Low (<250˚F), Low (250˚F-600˚F), Medium (600˚F – 1200˚F), High (1200˚F-1600˚F) and Ultra High (>1600˚F).
By Source : Blast Furnace, Gas Turbine, Piston Engine, Steam Vents, Cement Kilns, Emission Control Devices and others .
By Technology: Recuperators, Burners, Regenerators, Boilers, Economizers, Thermoelectric Generators.
By Industry: Cement, Metal Production, Coatings, Petroleum and Chemical Refining, Food manufacturing, Pulp and paper, Marine
By Application: Steam Generation, Electricity Generation, Preheating, Refrigeration.
- Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market is a diversified market with finite number of materials being used by various industries. There is a range of suppliers in this industry right from raw materials suppliers to end users. Korea Waste Heat Recovery System manufacturers buy raw materials from various raw material suppliers and then manufacture.
- Some of the big manufacturers have their own distribution channels; whereas, others distribute their products through independent distributors. The distribution network of a company depends upon the application industries and the type of materials needed.
- The threat of new entrants is low in the Korea Waste Heat Recovery System market. This is owing to high entry barrier, huge capital investment, patents, government regulations and research & development cost.
Global Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market, By Industry, 2020
For More Details on This Report - Request for Sample
South Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market Segment Analysis - By Application
Preheating is a procedure of increasing the temperature of the petroleum liquids as well as natural gas with the help of a preheating device before they are fed into other processes. For example, fuel oil or furnace oil is heated to a certain temperature before it is used as a feedstock in a boiler. Maintaining a certain amount of fuel temperature ensures its complete combustion thereby reducing pollutants. The wide usage of preheating crude oil in the petroleum industry is one of the highest point of energy consumption during processing. The direct immersion in the crude oil allows for rapid heating with less wasted energy. This makes your process faster and reduces operational cost, as well allows for greater accuracy and care. Preheating segment of Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market generated a share of 45% in 2020 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.8% during 2021-2026.
South Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market Segment Analysis - By Industry
The growing adoption of Korea Waste Heat Recovery System in marine to improve fuel efficiency, auxiliary engines can be used less and less CO2 will be released is vital factor fueling its market growth. Moreover, in May 2020 Alfa Laval a world leader in heat transfer, centrifugal separation and fluid handling has signed an agreement with a Chinese system builder for the delivery of land-based waste heat recovery units. The agreement stretches over two years and comprises the delivery of Alfa Laval Micro units to power plants in Asia. Once, installed the units will recover waste heat to produce hot water which will be used for generating electricity. Therefore, the growing developments in the marine industry by the various companies is expected to contribute to its segmental growth. Marine segment of Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 11.5% during 2021-2026.
South Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market Drivers
Emerging Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Technologies
With the growing up-gradation of existing technologies, which can generate electricity directly from heat using various techniques such as thermoelectric generation, Piezo-electric power generation and thermionic generation along with the rising demand across various industries is opening opportunities for the key players to expand its product portfolio. Exploring new technology platforms and production techniques and applying them in the product development process gives the players of Korea Waste Heat Recovery System the opportunity to create improved product solutions that enable various industry to stay at the forefront of their industries. Thermoelectric materials are semiconductor solids which allow direct generation of electricity when subject to a temperature differential. This technology is based on the phenomenon known as “seebeck effect” which states that when two different semiconductor materials are subject to heat source and heat sink, a voltage is created between the two semi-conductors. Hence, the wide usage of thermoelectric materials which is mainly used for power generation on space craft on very remote location is set to open opportunities for the key players.
Rapid Expansion of Construction Sector
With the growing conduction industry and the rising usage of Korea Waste Heat Recovery System in construction industry to generate electricity, increase production and reduce cost is set to open opportunities for the key players to come up with a various products. Moreover, Korea is expected to become the 4th largest construction market in APAC by 2022 and would require a significant investment across infrastructure by 2022 for sustainable development in the country. Hence, the growing construction industry in India is set to create huge opportunities for the players in the future.
South Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market Challenges
High initial investment and lack of grid infrastructure
However, if there are inefficiencies in the boiler and distribution processes, producing steam is costly. When steam produced from waste heat is used for industrial operations, the amount of fuel consumed is greatly reduced. Hence, high cost of raw materials would eventually increase the price of the products associated with Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market which is expected to restrain its market growth in the future.
South Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market Landscape
Product launches, acquisitions, Partnerships and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Korea Waste Heat Recovery System market. Korea Waste Heat Recovery System biggest Companies are Wood Group, Siemens, Ormat Technologies, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Bosch Thermotechnology, GE, IHI Corp, Thermax Technology and others.
- In December 2020, Siemens Energy has been awarded contracts by global energy company Uniper to provide rotating grid stabilization technology at two sites in South Korea.
- In October 2019, Clean tech company Orcan Energy AG has announced significant expansions to its Asian and African business. To drive rapid expansion in both markets, Orcan Energy AG has formed a joint venture with Tamar VPower Energy Fund*, a fund that is backed by two very strong Chinese partners offering outstanding market access and major financial backing.
Relevant Report Titles:
Report Code; ESR 45868
Report Code: ESR 0254
For more Automation and Instrumentation Market reports, please click here
1. Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market - Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends By Temperature
2.3 Key trends segmented by Geography
3. Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market
3.1 Comparative Analysis
3.1.1 Product/Service Benchmarking-Top 5 Companies
3.1.2 Top 5 Financial Analysis
3.1.3 Market Value Split by Top 5 Companies
3.1.4 Patent Analysis
3.1.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market – Startup Companies Scenario Premium
4.1 Top 10 Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Market Share
4.1.4 Market S Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing Business Index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
5.4 Customer Analysis – Top 10 Companies
6. Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market - Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market – By Strategic Analysis (Market Size -$Million/Billion)
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Product Life Cycle/Market Life Cycle Analysis
7.4 Suppliers and Distributors
8. Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market – By Temperature
8.1 Ultra Low (<250˚F)
8.2 Low (250˚F-600˚F)
8.3 Medium (600˚F – 1200˚F)
8.4 High (1200˚F-1600˚F)
8.5 Ultra High (>1600˚F)
9. Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market - By Technology
9.6 Thermoelectric Generators
10. Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market - By Application
10.1 Steam Generation
10.2 Electricity Generation
11. Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market - By Source
11.1 Blast Furnace
11.2 Gas Turbine
11.3 Piston Engine
11.4 Steam Vents
11.5 Cement Kilns
11.6 Emission Control Devices
12. Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market - By End Use Industry
12.2 Metal Production
12.4 Petroleum and Chemical Refining
12.5 Food manufacturing
12.6 Pulp and paper
13. Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market - Market Entropy
13.1 New Product Launches
13.2 M&As, Collaborations, JVs and Partnerships
14. Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market - Industry/Segment Competition Landscape Premium
14.1 Market Share Analysis
14.1.1 Market Share by Country — Top Companies
14.1.2 Market Share by Region — Top Companies
14.1.3 Market Share By Temperature of Application – Top Companies
14.1.4 Market Share By Temperature of Product/Product Category – Top Companies
14.1.5 Market Share at Global Level — Top Companies
14.1.6 Best Practices for Companies
15. Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market – Key Company List by Country Premium Premium
16. Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market - Company Analysis
16.1 Company 1
16.2 Company 2
16.3 Company 3
16.4 Company 4
16.5 Company 5
16.6 Company 6
16.7 Company 7
16.8 Company 8
16.9 Company 9
16.10 Company 10
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
17. Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market – Appendix
18. Korea Waste Heat Recovery System Market – Methodology
18.1 Research Methodology
18.1.1 Company Expert Interviews
18.1.2 Industry Databases
18.1.4 Company News
18.1.5 Company Annual Reports
18.1.6 Application Trends
18.1.7 New Products and Product Database
18.1.8 Company Transcripts
18.1.9 R&D Trends
18.1.10 Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
18.1.11 Supply and Demand Trends