Distance Measurement Sensors Market Overview:
Distance Measurement Sensors can actively check distances, position system parts and monitor other parameters in order to intelligently and independently initiate action and these sensors supply an analog signal representing the distance proportional to the selected sensor’s range. The global Distance Measurement Sensors market in 2017 is valued at $2.5 billion and is anticipated to $2.81 billion by 2023 growing at an estimated value of CAGR of more than 2% during the forecast period 2018 to 2023. North America will dominate the Distance Measurement Sensors Market in the upcoming years with a significant share due to several factors. The penetration of the market is quite high in this category, the presence of several automotive and manufacturing giants is a vital growth causing factors.
Distance Measurement Sensors Market Outlook:
Distance Measurement Sensors Market is segmented by sensing technology, measurement type, application and end user. On the basis of Sensing Technology, the Distance Measurement Sensors Market is segmented in to Laser Diodes, IR LED, Ultrasonic, Capacitive, Inductive, Photo electric, Draw wire, Image sensor and others. Ultrasonic sensors are very widely used in this industry along with laser diodes giving them the edge and making them the largest product segment in this market. On the basis of measurement type, the Distance Measurement Sensors market is categorized in to Laser Triangulation, TOF, Confocal chromatic imaging, Photoelectric Sensor, Others. On the basis of application, the Distance Measurement Sensors market is segmented in to Automation, Safety Systems, Robotics, Defense aerospace & intelligent, Packaging, Automatic identification, tracking position, automobiles Others. On the basis of end user, the Distance Measurement Sensors market is segmented in to Oil and Gas Industry, Automotive, Military & Defense, Packaging, Consumer Electronics. The global Distance Measurement Sensors market is set to experience a substantial growth owing to the strong demand from Oil & Gas segment across the worldwide.
The current price quoted for Infrared sensors of Distance Measurement Sensors is around $45 to $80 per piece by most manufacturers supplying these sensors.
Distance Measurement Sensors Market Growth drivers:
The major growth drivers that impact the Distance Measurement Sensors market are the rising need for automation for rapid production and supply of sensors is the primary market growth factor to this billion dollar industry.
Distance Measurement Sensors Market Challenges:
The major challenges faced by the sensors of Distance Measurement Sensors market is obstacle detection in navigation system, contrast, shape variations and wet environment and high maintenance costs of contact sensors which hamper the market growth.
Distance Measurement Sensors Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Distance Measurement Sensors Market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of plastics in the electric vehicle market, and their specific applications in different types of vehicles.
Distance Measurement Sensors Market Report: Industry Coverage
Distance Measurement Sensors Market– By Sensing Technology: Laser Diodes, IR LED, Ultrasonic, Capacitive, Inductive, Photo electric, Draw wire, Image sensor and others.
Distance Measurement Sensors Market - By Measurement type: Laser Triangulation, TOF, Confocal chromatic imaging, Photoelectric Sensor, and others.
Distance Measurement Sensors Market – By Application: Automation, Safety Systems, Robotics, Defense aerospace & intelligent, Packaging, Automatic identification, tracking position, automobiles and others.
Distance Measurement Sensors Market – By End user: Automotive, Oil & Gas, Military & Defense, Packaging, Consumer Electronics and others.
The Distance Measurement Sensors Market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Distance Measurement Sensors Market Key Players Perspective:
Some of the Key players in this market that have been studied for this report include Balluf Inc., Banner Engineering Corp, Baumer, Datalogic S.P.A, Dimetrix AG, Eaton, Honeywell, Ifm Electronic Gmbh, Impress Sensors And Systems Ltd, Keyence Corporation, Leuze Electronic Gmbh + CO. KG,, Measurement Specialties Inc., Micro-Epsilon and many more.
Market Research and Market Trends of Distance Measurement Sensors Market:
- Micro-Epsilon has launched a new sensor product eddyNCDT 3001 sensors which is a new inductive displacement sensor based on eddy currents and it offers high accuracy and temperature stability, making them particularly well suited to continuous operation in industrial environments. It is an alternative to inductive sensors.
- Dual mode laser measurement sensors are now being used for several distance measurement applications in industrial applications. These sensors not only feature distance measurement but also detect the changes in intensity of light, which allows the parent system to detect even clear or transparent objects which conventional ones miss. Apart from this the distance measurement sensors is being incorporated with IO-link communication interface featuring bidirectional exchange of data. This IO-Link communication avails quick access as well as long term access for calculation of Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and predictive analysis of the systems.
- Recently, scientists from Fraunhofer IAF have designed a compact W-band RADAR sensor module for various high precision industrial distance sensing applications such as screening packaged products, in harsh environmental conditions such as dust, fog, smoke and so on. The product has been analyzed to witness significant potential in printing and packaging applications.