The citric acid market is valued in the year 2017 and anticipated to grow at a CAGR 3.5% of from 2018-2023. High demand for citric acid in food and beverages used as an additive to preserve food is expected to be the driver for the industry growth. As there is also a growing demand of citric acid in pharmaceutical industry for manufacturing of digestive material is also expected to be the key driver for the growth. The growing demand of citric acid in manufacturing of products such as diabetic baked products, ice creams and other low fat dairy products are increasing demands for products and is expected to boost the demand.
What is Citric Acid Market?
Citric acid is a weak organic acid found in fruits and vegetables. It adds sour taste to the food and juices. Citric acid market is segmented based on the form which is found in liquid or powder form. Citric acid is also segmented by grades those are food grade, Industrial grade and pharmaceutical grade. Food grade citric acid is water soluble and used in flavoring of food. By adding citric acid in foods it balances the PH in foods and the PH adjustments is used in pectin for gelling and to set gelatin. Citric acid is also used in wine to prevent ferric turbidity metals forming in the oxidation process. Citric acid is also used in cleaning process where it kills bacteria. It is also effective at removing soaps scum and rust.
What are the major applications for Citric Acid Market?
The various end users assessed includes personal care, acidulent, stabilizer, cleaning agent, binding agent, animal feeds. Citric acid is used in personal care in products like shampoos and soaps which works as an anti-dandruff agent in shampoos. Citric acid is also used in health care. It helps to bind with the excess calcium in the kidney which may results in kidney stones. Citric acid helps to reduce the pain and helps in removing the kidney stones.
Market Research and Market Trends of Citric Acid Market:
- The new trend in citric acid is increasing its production and also increasing its usage in biopolymers, for drug delivery, tissue engineering for culturing a variety of cells and many other biomedical applications.
- In recent years the various agricultural waste residuals and by products such as molasses, wheat bran, coffee husk, fruit pomace waste are used as a substrate for citric acid production by solid-state fermentation.
- Citric acid is lately employed for chemical leaching of impurities from natural ores to extract metals of interest.
- Citric acid also is being used in poultry. By addition of citric acid in diet showed a beneficial effect on the performance of poultry by decreasing the pathogenic bacteria that effect the intestinal health of the poultry.
Who are the Major Players in Citric Acid market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Tate& Lyle, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Cargil Corporation and more than 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.