Lactose-free Food Market Overview:
Food allergies can be life-threatening still an effective cure is missing from the healthcare settings. As per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, food allergies affect an estimated 6% of children in the U.S. Similarly, lactose intolerance is an impaired ability to digest lactose, a sugar found in milk and other dairy products, and effecting approximately 65% of the human population. Dairy products, being an integral part of modern protein-enriched diet is losing its market owing to epidemic lactose intolerance level globally. Due to increasing health awareness, lactose-free food market is establishing strong grounds and exploiting the lactose intolerant consumer base. The global Lactose-free Food market size is evaluated to be $10,750 million as of 2018, and raging opportunities to replace contemporary dairy products is intensifying the growth at a CAGR of 5.40% during the forecast period 2019-2025.
Lactose-free Food Market Outlook:
The deep analysis of region-wise revenue of lactose free food market identifies APAC to be the leading region, pocketing 29% of the global demand in 2018. This assertion can be very well confirmed from a report by the U.S National Library of Medicine, which states that lactose intolerance in adults is most predominant in individuals of East Asian descent, distressing more than 90% of adults in some of these communities. China, being the most populated economy, reportedly has 92% of its population human genetics inclined towards lactose intolerance. Likewise, 50% of individuals in the second largest populated economy, India, are lactose intolerant. Since, dairy products being an inevitable constituent of contemporary-diet, it cannot be eradicated but only replaced, the lactose-free food market demand in APAC is uplifted by already established pattern of dairy consumption. India is among the largest producers of milk and increasing vegan population in the APAC region is diverting traffic from dairy products to lactose free food market generated from its indigenous milk production.
Lactose free food market in terms of its application segment is majorly bifurcated into two broader sections such as dairy and non-dairy products. The non-dairy products include processed meats and breakfast cereals, while the dairy products are configured with more variety including milk, yogurt, cream, and cheese. As per the Food and Agricultural Organization of United Nations, milk production has accelerated by an incredible 58%, from 522 million tons in 1987 to 828 million tons in 2017. It resonates the rapidly intensifying uptake of dairy products. Owing to such demand, the lactose-free dairy products segment of the market is displaying all requisite caliber to replace the traditional sector and is progressing with an application CAGR of 5.50% through 2025.
Lactose Free Food Market Trends and Growth Drivers:
· Increasing health awareness amalgamated by unprecedented variety in lactose free food products is a major trend diverting potential traffic. The global lactose free food marketplace is endorsing the inauguration of numerous inventive merchandises that are intend to provide an appeal and nutritious food to customers. With the advent of innovative products pertaining to flavor, taste, and variety, manufacturers aim to expand the market for lactose free food products and exploit a wide range of consumer base. For instance, Breyers, a brand from Unilever is manufacturing lactose-free ice creams in different flavors such as lactose-free vanilla and lactose-free chocolate.
· Lactose free food are generally preferred by urban population of developed economy due to the economic restraint witnessed by developing economy. With majority of its consumers belonging to urban terrain, lactose free food market is capitalizing over the trend of virtual online stores. Some of the examples of virtual stores delivering specialty food products for people with celiac disease and lactose intolerance are Vitacost, Goodness Direct, and The Gluten-Free Mall.
· Alternative dairy displayed virtuous challenging traits to the market, but its failure to retain contemporary dairy consumers turned out to be a driving factor propelling the lactose free food market demand. Plants based dairy are losing traction due to different and unpleasant taste it offers, consequently, lactose intolerant consumers prefer switching to lactose free dairy diet instead of plant-based products.
· Due to its low fat content, lactose free food is preferred by obese individuals as well, apart from targeted group of lactose intolerant people. As per the WHO, 1.9 billion adults in 2016 were overweight with over 650 million obese. Obesity being an uncontrolled global dilemma is comprehensively extending the potential consumer base of lactose free food market.
Lactose Free Food Market Players Perspective:
Some of the key players establishing firm grounds in the lactose free food market are General Mills, Arla Foods, Galaxy Nutritional Foods, Land OLakes, WhiteWave Foods, Barry Callebaut, Daiya Foods, Dean Foods, and Fonterra Co-operative Group.
Arla is the largest organic dairy producer in the world and a leading producer of lactose-free alternative dairy products. Apart from vast lactose free product portfolio, Arla is exponentially capitalizing over digital marketing strategies. Its social media engagement grew up by 55% in 2018 compared to 2017.
Lactose Free Food Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2018, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the lactose free food market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the various types of products in global lactose free food market, and their specific advantages.
The lactose free food market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
• North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
• South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
• Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
• APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
• Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Key Questions Addressed in the Lactose Free Food Market Report
1. Is the market for the lactose free food growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Which type of systems presents the major growth opportunities?
3. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
4. Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
5. Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
6. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
7. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
8. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market
9. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
10. What are the recent innovations in the market?
11. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
12. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
13. What is our Vision 2030 lactose free food market?
A few focus points of this research are given below:
• Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
• Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
• Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
• Explore the regional sales activities
• Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future lactose free food market during the forecast 2019–2025
• Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures.