The Global Metal Deactivator market by various regions contributed a revenue of $177.5 million in 2017 and is expected to grow with a CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period 2018 – 2023. The Metal deactivators market was dominated by the copper metal as it is the most prevalent compound found which is known to cause corrosion and filter problems. It generated a revenue of $95.5 million in 2017 and expected rise with CAGR of 5.7% during 2018 -2023. Metal deactivators market is attaining a stagnant growth owing to its usage in various applications. However, the growing automotive and polymer industries is set to increase the market share for Metal Deactivator market during the forecast period.
What are Metal Deactivators?
Metal deactivators are kind of fuel and oil additives, which are largely used for stabilizing fluids. These are variant of fuel additives which helps to stabilize the fluids by disabling metal ions present in fluids to make them inactive as oxidation catalyst. These deactivators also acts as stabilizing agent for non-ferrous metals. These are majorly used to neutralize catalytic effects in lubricants which largely cause corrosion and staining and also to utilize antioxidants. As antioxidants are considered as very expensive chemical to cut down these chemical very few metal deactivators are needed.
Based on their solubility, metal deactivators are classified as water soluble and oil soluble. A metal deactivator prohibits or reduces the interaction between the metal surface and chemicals contained within the additive and thus prevents oxidation and corrosion. The metal deactivators form an inactive barrier film that inhibit the reactions that catalyze oxidation or cause corrosion. The selection of metal deactivators depends on the metal to be protected, base stock used in the application, frequency of application and effectiveness based on the duration of application.
What are the applications of Metal Deactivators?
Metal deactivators have wide range of applications in various industries such as automotive, aviation, polymers, food and agriculture. The use of wire and cable in polymer industries is subjected to oxidative degradation by copper or other metals present in or in contact with polymers. This can be prevented by the addition of a metal deactivator which counteracts this process. In the automotive industry, metal deactivators prevents the oxidation process caused due to the interaction between non -ferrous metals in automobile parts and fuels like gasoline and diesel. To prevent oxidation and metal contamination automotive and industrial sector utilize metal deactivators. The development of automotive and industrial sector is expected expand the market size of metal deactivators.
Market Research and Market Trends of Metal Deactivators:
- There has been a great demand for formaldehyde free metal deactivators in the market. Several companies are manufacturing non-toxic metal deactivators in order to eliminate formaldehyde derivatives. Companies are also focusing on improved solubility of metal deactivators in nonpolar solvents as it is necessary with increase in its uses.
- OKABEST PAT 550B is new kind of metal deactivator and antioxidant manufactured by Oka-Tec. It is particular suitable for pipes, cables and reprocessed polyolefin compounds which are exposed ions from various metals such as copper, brass and other transition metals. This innovative and multifunctional solution provides longer stabilization performance when compared to the commonly used metal deactivators. According to market overview of metal deactivators this new kind of product expected to earn a huge market share.
- The increasing use of nonferrous alloys in lubrication systems has raised the demand of metal deactivators to protect against premature deterioration. The development of new metal deactivators or multifunctional additives is under development as it would enhance their performance profile by including the desired properties required for various applications.
- The increase in the use of transition and reactive metals in the metal working industry has led to improvement in the additives such as better toxicity profiles, improved thermal and hydrolytic stability. The current focus of the manufacturers is to develop metal deactivators that offer thermal stability are compatibility with other additives as well. Due to stringent regulations set up by government authorities along with environment protection bodies, manufacturing of metal deactivators which are less toxic and less harmful to the environment are in great demand.
Who are the Major Players in Metal Deactivators Market?
The companies referred in the market research report are BASF SE (Germany), Innospec Inc. (U.S.), Clariant AG (Europe), Vanderbilt Chemicals LLC (U.S.), The Lubrizol Corporation, Adeka Corporation and 10 others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.