North America Carbonated Soft Drinks Market Overview:
According to a 2018 study conducted by the US Center for Disease and Control Prevention, 36.6% of the total American population which is equivalent to 84.8 million adults consume fast food on any given day in the country. One-third of the entire American population is likely to consume fast food on a daily basis. Nearly every meal coupled with a carbonated soft drink in fast food joints has given upliftment to the North America carbonated soft drinks market which has seen an extraordinary rise in the past few years. Fast food chains like McDonald's or Domino’s Pizza have made soft drink ordering an inevitable habit by incorporating the carbonated beverages in their affordable meal plans. This indirectly coerces consumers to opt for meals instead of standalone dishes which helps in boosting soft drinks sales.
In 2018, the North America carbonated soft drinks market size stood between $65 billion-70 billion, and during the forecast period of 2019-2025, the market demand will grow with a decent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2%-3%. Carbonated soft drinks provide impetus to the food and beverage industry because of their unstoppable consumption in people of all ages and ethnicities.
North America Carbonated Soft Drinks Market Outlook:
Till date, there’s never been a right word established for this beloved beverage, although common public calls it a ‘soft drink.’ It is one of the most sought after beverages in the world with its prevalence in every elusive corner of the world. It is essentially carbonated water known for its effervescent quality mixed with a lot of sugar and different flavors depending upon the type. Though no one knows who invented the first soft drink, the beverage is derived from seltzer or soda water which started getting mixed with flavored syrup in the 18th century. Multiple patents were filed for packaging items like cans, and bottle caps- an important factor that still acts as a growth driver of the North America carbonated soft drinks market. Coca Cola with its consistent revamping of soft drinks has made a major name for itself in the North American beverage market and introduced a plethora of innovative, diet-friendly soft drinks that has become a disruptive trend.
North America Carbonated Soft Drinks Market Growth Drivers:
- Value Meals of Fast Food Joints
One of the key industries helping North America carbonated soft drinks market grow is the fast food industry. Major fast food chains like McDonalds, Dominos, Subway, Pizza Hut, Burger King and many others are providing value meals for as low as $1. Most of these meals are accompanied by a beverage which in most cases is a soft drink. This is boosting the sales of soft drinks massively and helping the market grow organically without any major push.
- Compliance With The Sugar Tax
In order to control obesity, several countries are gravitating towards imposing the sugar tax which is levied on those drinks which contain more than 5 grams of sugar per 100 ml. Eminent companies like Coca-Cola and Pepsico have introduced either sugar-free drinks or soft drinks with less amount of sugar in order to evade the tax, and boost consumer sales through healthier additions. This has given a boost to the North America carbonated soft drinks market and will define its growth in the upcoming years.
North America Carbonated Soft Drinks Market Challenges:
Excessive sugar present in soft drinks is one of the major challenges faced by the North America carbonated soft drinks market. Key market players are trying to combat this issue by introducing sugar-free drinks in the market by adding stevia sweeteners which has gained immense popularity.
North America Carbonated Soft Drinks Market Key Players Perspective:
Key market players in the soft drinks market believe in the concept of ‘premiumization.’ They achieve that with attractive packaging that lures the customers towards buying these beverages. A prime example of this practice is a 250 ml packaging can that has fuelled the market growth as it is known for its portability.
Some of the key market players in this market are Monster Beverage Corp., Britvic PLC, Parle Agro, PepsiCo Inc., the Coca-Cola Company, Cott Corporation, Dohler Group, Kraft Foods, and Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc.
North America Carbonated Soft Drinks Market Trends:
- Coca Cola Zero Sugar and Diet Coke
This is a product developed for engaging those customers who are trying to become fitter and healthier by eliminating sugar from their diets. Coca Cola, the key market player with the most amount of soft drink sales has come up with Coca Cola Zero Sugar which has been a success for the beverage company and has been launched in around 20 different markets.
In order to increase the customer base for diet coke, Coca Cola has introduced several flavors including Ginger Lime, Feisty Cherry, Zesty Blood Orange, and Twisted Mango. According to their official Q3 returns, for the first time since 2010, positive customer response has helped the company in returning to the point of massive sales that they encountered when they first started selling the product.
North America Carbonated Soft Drinks Market Research Scope
The base year of the study is 2018, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the North America carbonated soft drinks market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of cheese in the North America carbonated soft drinks market and their specific applications in different areas.
North America Carbonated Soft Drinks Market Report: Industry Coverage
The North America carbonated soft drinks market can be segmented on the basis of type and distribution channel. By type, the market can be divided into cola, fruit flavored and carbonated bottled water. On the basis of distribution channel, the market can be bifurcated into retail, on-trade, vending, and online retail.
The North America carbonated soft drinks market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Key Questions Addressed in the Global North America Carbonated Soft Drinks Market Report
1. Is the market for North America Carbonated Soft Drinks growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Which type of North America Carbonated Soft Drinks presents the major growth opportunities?
3. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
4. Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
5. Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
6. What is the current status of professional cameras in different countries?
7. Which are the major relevant product segments within North America Carbonated Soft Drinks?
8. Which type of North America Carbonated Soft Drinks will witness heavy adoption in the near future?
9. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
10. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
11. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market
12. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
13. What are the recent innovations in the market?
14. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
15. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
16. What is the futuristic scenario for the adoption of the North America Carbonated Soft Drinks market?
17. What is our vision 2030 for the North America Carbonated Soft Drinks Market?
A few focus points of this Research are given below:
- Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
- Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
- Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
- Explore the regional sales activities
- Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future of the North America Carbonated Soft Drinks during the forecast 2019–2025
- Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures