Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market size is estimated to reach $57.4 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Glucose is a simple sugar that is a significant energy source in living organisms and is a constituent of multiple carbohydrates. Dextrose is utilized for short-term liquid substitution and is a starch-based sugar, prepared from refined corn, rice, or wheat. Maltodextrin is a polysaccharide that is utilized as a food constituent. Glucose, dextrose, and maltodextrin are among the principal starch derivatives utilized. Glucose is a sweetener utilized in a series of food products. It is generated from the hydrolysis of starch. Glucose, dextrose, and maltodextrin are extensively accepted in numerous food and beverages firms owing to their role as binders, sweeteners, thickening agents, and emulsifiers. Dextrose and Maltodextrin as nutritional supplements and glucose control supplements are available.
The surging demand for products like soaps, hair conditioners, shampoos, eye-makeup, and skin-care which are activated by glucose, dextrose, and maltodextrin is set to drive Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market. The soaring production of nutritional supplements and medications with glucose control, dextrose, and maltodextrin by pharmaceutical firms to minister to different health issues endured owing to illness, mishaps, or anguish is set to propel the growth of the Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the Glucose, Dextrose, And Maltodextrin Industry Outlook.
The report: “Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market Forecast (2022-2027)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market.
By Product: Glucose, Dextrose, Maltodextrin.
By Form: Syrup, Solids.
By Application: Food And Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Personal Care / Cosmetics, Paper And Pulp Industry, Others.
By Geography: North America (the U.S, Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Rest of South America), and Rest Of The World (Middle East, Africa).
- Geographically, North America Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the soaring demand for packaged and convenience food products involving emulsifiers in the North American region.
- Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market growth is being driven by the surging demand for dextrose and maltodextrin as a nutritional supplement and liquid glucose in pharmaceuticals. However, the increasing utilization of alternatives like glucola for glucose drink, sucrose or table sugar for dextrose, and tapioca starch for maltodextrin is one of the major factors hampering the growth of Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market.
- Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market Detailed Analysis on the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market report.
Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market Share, By Product, 2021(%)
For More Details on This Report - Request for Sample
Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market Segment Analysis – By Product
The Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market based on the product can be further segmented into Glucose, Dextrose, and Maltodextrin. The Glucose Segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the soaring application of glucose syrup in the confectionery industry. Glucose syrup is typically utilized in the manufacture of homogeneous confectionery products like chewing gums and chocolates. The good preservative qualities of liquid glucose provide a smooth texture to the finished product with improved shelf-life and the surging uses of liquid glucose in commercially-processed foods as thickeners, sweeteners, and keeping up the softness of foods are further propelling the growth of the Glucose segment.
Furthermore, the Dextrose segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 7.8% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the proliferating application of dextrose as sweeteners in baking products and packaged and processed foods and dextrose injections which can increase the blood sugar levels of a person instantaneously.
Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market Segment Analysis – By Application:
The Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market based on the application can be further segmented into Food And Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Personal Care / Cosmetics, Paper And Pulp Industry, and Others. The Food And Beverages Segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the soaring application of glucose, dextrose, and maltodextrin as sweeteners, binders, emulsifiers, and thickening agents in the food and beverages segment. The heightening application of dextrose as a sweetener and nutritional supplement in the manufacture of different products like candy & gums, creams, and bakery products is further propelling the growth of this segment.
Furthermore, the Personal Care / Cosmetics segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 8.0% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the surging application of maltodextrin as emulsifiers to enhance the texture of products like toothpaste and its significance in the cosmetics industry to assist in binding additional compounds and in stabilizing the formula at the time of the production phase.
Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market Segment Analysis – By Geography:
The Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market based on geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Rest of the World. North America (Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market) held the largest share with 37% of the overall market in 2021. The growth of this region is owing to the soaring application of glucose, dextrose, and maltodextrin as a raw material in industries like paper & pulp, personal care, pharmaceuticals in the U.S. and Canada in the region. The surging application of Glucose, and Dextrose as sweeteners in commercially-processed foods is further driving the growth of the Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market in this region. The existence of key players like Cargill in the U.S. in the region is further propelling the growth of the Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market in the North American region.
Furthermore, the Asia-Pacific region is estimated to be the region with the fastest CAGR rate over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to factors like the accelerated growth of convenience foods and pharmaceutical industries resulting in a boost in the intake of dextrose products in the Asia-pacific region. The proliferating demand for convenience foods or packaged foods and beverage products involving maltodextrin as thickeners and emulsifiers and the soaring R&D activities performed by key players are further fueling the progress of the Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market Drivers
Soaring Application Of Liquid Glucose Is Projected To Drive The Growth Of Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market:
Liquid Glucose, also termed as Corn Syrup is utilized in the candy and bakery industry as one among the class of sweeteners. Liquid Glucose assists to keep up softness in foods like bread, puddings, and cakes. It is also utilized in cold beverage manufacture. Liquid Glucose is prepared from high-quality corn starch. It shows up as a thick clear liquid. Principal applications of liquid glucose in commercially-processed foods include thickeners, sweeteners, and maintaining the softness of foods. It is frequently utilized in hard candies, jam, jelly, caramel, toffee, and meat products. The extensive application of liquid glucose is therefore fuelling the growth of the Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Surging Applications Of Dextrose, And Maltodextrin Are Expected To Boost The Demand Of Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market:
Dextrose is a kind of simple sugar that is stocked as starch in corn and discovered in high fructose corn syrup. Being biochemically similar to glucose, it is at times utilized medically to increase the blood sugar levels of a person when they are too reduced. It is a simple sugar that is frequently utilized to sweeten packaged and processed foods. Dextrose is water-soluble and dissolves fast. Dextrose injections are typically utilized to instantaneously increase the blood sugar levels of a person or to treat dehydration. It is utilized in baking products as sweeteners. Maltodextrin is a polysaccharide product extensively utilized as a nutritional supplement in food manufacture. Maltodextrin may be utilized in an extensive assortment of industries like food manufacture, beverage, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and different additional industries as a nutritional supplement. Maltodextrin may be utilized as an emulsifier and texture stabilizer in food manufacture. Maltodextrin is extensively utilized as thickeners and emulsifiers in beverages and as an adjuvant in Pharmaceuticals. Maltodextrin finds application as an emulsifier in Cosmetics. The surging applications of Dextrose and Maltodextrin are therefore driving the growth of the Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market Challenges
Limitations Of High Glucose Levels And Side-Effects Of Dextrose And Maltodextrin Are Hampering The Growth Of The Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market:
The global predominance of diabetes has soared over the past few decades. There is a clear-cut link between surplus sugar intake and the hazard of diabetes. Obesity which is regarded as the most powerful hazard determinant for diabetes is frequently brought about by consuming too much sugar. Extended intake of high sugar diets fuels the opposition to insulin, a hormone generated by the pancreas that regulates blood glucose levels. Opposition to insulin brings about an increase in blood sugar levels and powerfully increases the hazard of diabetes. Sugar/glucose intake in the human body needs to be monitored and controlled in this era of ailments like diabetes caused by high glucose levels in the blood. If a diabetic consumes diets including large quantities of dextrose, their blood sugar levels will increase to soaring levels very fast. Diabetic hyperglycemia or high blood sugar is very severe and can result in tissue injury, coma, and loss of life. Increased intake of maltodextrin can bring about unexpected spikes in blood sugar and raise the hazard of type 2 diabetes. These issues are thus hampering the growth of the Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market.
Glucose, Dextrose, & Maltodextrin Market - Landscape:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions, exhibiting their contactless production and delivery techniques, emphasizing unique selling proposition (USP) statements, spotlight on product packaging, and surging presence of products on online platforms are key strategies adopted by players in this market. Glucose, Dextrose, And Maltodextrin top 10 companies include:
- Cargill Inc.,
- Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM)
- Grain Processing Corp
- Ingredion Incorporated
- Gulshan Polyols
- Tate & Lyle
- Fooding Group Limited
- Tereos SCA
- In September 2021, Archer Daniels Midland Co. organized to introduce its earliest plant-based U.S. portfolio by way of the PlantPlus Foods joint venture with Brazilian beef manufacturer Marfrig Global Foods SA in the first quarter, as per Global Foods head Leticia Goncalves of ADM’s nutrition unit. While particulars have not been revealed, the executive pronounced that the strategy of the company varies from what it did in Latin America by going beyond traditional meatless products like veggie meatballs and burgers. The $10-billion global plant-protein industry is estimated to triple at the time of the next decade, with the largest global meat producers inclusive of JBS SA and Tyson getting more and more involved in a burgeoning market dominated by alt-meat firms like Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods.
- In July 2021, Tereos has entered into a strategic sourcing agreement with Swiss flavor house Firmenich for stevia extracts. The move will permit the firm to provide its purchasable identifiable stevia-based sweetening solutions globally. Consumers are performing closer scrutiny of their sugar consumption, and public health policies inspire the intake of nutritionally enhanced products
- In April 2021, the Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM) has introduced a novel plant-based innovation laboratory, situated in ADM’s Biopolis research hub in Singapore. The laboratory will establish “next-level, on-trend” and nutritious products to satisfy increasing food and beverage demand in the Asia-Pacific region. The novel facility is characterized by an integration of experts in proteins and texturing constituents, in conjunction with flavor specialists, permitting ADM to “quickly and efficiently” develop custom-made solutions for the Asian consumer palate.
Report Code: FBR 93592
Glucose Sensor Market
Report Code: HCR 0271
For more Food and Beverage Market reports, please click here