Milk Packaging Market Overview
The Milk Packaging Market size is estimated to reach $29.2 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Milk Packaging is vital to not only conserve the nutritive value and minimize wastage but also to enhance the marketability to accomplish superior returns. The milk packaging sector needs to distribute nutritious milk to the customer in the most affordable, hygienic, secure, and environment-friendly packaging format. Plastic milk containers include plastic containers for packing, transporting, and offering milk. Plastic bottles, sometimes termed jugs, have largely taken the place of glass bottles for home consumption. Glass bottles for milk have conventionally been reusable while light-weight plastic bottles are planned for single trips and plastic recycling. The soaring demand for milk is set to drive the Milk Packaging Market owing to milk being an abundant source of vitamins, minerals, proteins, and fatty acids. The surging R&D initiatives to launch innovative packaging solutions distinct from the traditional glass bottles are set to propel the growth of the Milk Packaging Market during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the Milk Packaging Industry Outlook.
The report: “Milk Packaging Market Forecast (2022-2027)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Milk Packaging Market.
By Packaging Type: Cans, Bottles/Containers, Cartons, Pouches/Bags, Others.
By Material: Plastic, Paperboard, Others.
By Geography: North America (the U.S, Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Rest of South America), and Rest Of The World (Middle East, Africa).
- Geographically, Asia-Pacific Milk Packaging Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the existence of countries like India and China which are among the largest global producers and consumers of milk where plastic containers and plastic bottles may be utilized for milk packaging in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Milk Packaging Market growth is being driven by the trend of on-the-go intake, the usefulness of the effortless pour, and alluring packaging quality distinct from the traditional glass bottles utilized for milk delivery. However, all milk packaging needs to fulfill binding requirements for food security, and out of the numerous kinds of packaging, only some definite ones may be utilized for every kind of milk product and these are some of the major factors hampering the growth of the Milk Packaging Market.
- Milk Packaging Market Detailed Analysis on the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Milk Packaging Market report.
Milk Packaging Market Share, By Material, 2021(%)
For More Details on This Report - Request for Sample
Milk Packaging Market Segment Analysis – By Packaging Type:
The Milk Packaging Market based on packaging type can be further segmented into Cans, Bottles/Containers, Cartons, Pouches/Bags, and Others. The Pouches/Bags Segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the extensive utilization of pouches and bags for milk packaging. Apart from plastic bottles/plastic containers, milk may be packaged in pouches and bags. Benefits of pouches include secondary packaging which makes the complete technique systematic, automated, and quick and assists in keeping up quality and food safety standards while maintaining a count of pouches and crates in conjunction with bagged milk which is cost-effective to manufacture and buy and thus preferred in countries like Canada and these determinants are further propelling the growth of the Pouches/Bags segment.
Furthermore, the Cartons segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the proliferating application of cartons in milk packaging owing to their advantages like superior presentation, consumer-friendliness, seller-friendliness, environment-friendliness, low cost, light-weight, and effortless accessibility in comparison with other milk packaging techniques like those involving plastic containers.
Milk Packaging Market Segment Analysis – By Material:
The Milk Packaging Market based on the material can be further segmented into Plastic, Paperboard, and Others. Plastic held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the extensive application of plastic in milk packaging. Plastic containers are largely utilized for milk packaging. The surging innovations in plastic milk packaging are further propelling the growth of this segment.
Furthermore, the Others segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the extensive application of progressive milk packaging techniques like aseptically packaged milk employing the use of Tetra Paks for milk packaging with benefits like ultra heat-treated, not required to be refrigerated and 100% recyclable with guaranteed good quality milk making them the choice of every health care professional over the conventional milk packaging techniques employing plastic containers.
Milk Packaging Market Segment Analysis – By Geography:
The Milk Packaging Market based on geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Rest of the World. Asia-Pacific (Milk Packaging Market) held the largest share with 39% of the overall market in 2021. The growth of this region is owing to the existence of countries like India and China who are the principal global producers and consumers of milk in the region. The surging consumption of milk which may be packaged in plastic containers by children in countries like China and India in conjunction with the heightening intake of dairy products and the existence of key players like Tetra Pak in the region is further propelling the growth of the Milk Packaging Market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Furthermore, the North American region is estimated to be the region with the fastest CAGR rate over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to factors like the existence of the U.S. which is a principal global milk-producing and consuming country in the North American region. The soaring intake of milk products like flavored milk and flavored low-fat yogurt which may be packaged in plastic containers in conjunction with the surging inclination of consumers towards diet options like pizza, macaroni and cheese, and packaged cheese slices and the existence of key players like INDEVCO in the region are further fuelling the progress of the Milk Packaging Market in the North American region.
Milk Packaging Market Drivers
Diverse Kinds Of Packaging Are Projected To Drive The Growth Of Milk Packaging Market:
All types of milk packaging must keep up the freshness and safeguard the flavor of the milk product. Cartons prepared from wax or plastic-coated paper board are possibly one of the most extensively recognized kinds of milk packaging. Another paper-based package is a cardboard box that is utilized for dry milk powder. Paper-based packaging is lightweight and comes at a low cost. Plastic is another typical packaging material for milk. Plastic containers may be utilized to hold fresh milk or pasteurized milk. Additional types of packaging include milk delivered by milkmen in glass bottles in the good old days. Aluminum and tin cans may also be utilized to hold milk products like evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk. Wood Barrels are utilized for bulk packaging of milk products like sweetened condensed milk and buttermilk. Milk presently is accessible in Tetra Pak wherein it is ultra heat-treated and is aseptically packed. The different kinds of packaging are therefore fuelling the growth of the Milk Packaging Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Surging Innovations In Milk Packaging Are Expected To Boost The Demand Of Milk Packaging:
Apart from paper-based packaging and packaging in plastic containers, there are innovative techniques of packaging too. Milk polybags have undergone innovation where UHT (Ultra High Temperature) milk may be packed in completely sterile aseptic pouches with the required barrier characteristics to offer them shelf life as long as 90 days. For these kinds of long-life milk pouches, nylon-based LDPE poly films of heavier thickness are utilized. This kind of packaging technique minimizes the cost of UHT milk packaging and transport significantly. There are numerous innovations in milk packaging inclusive of a self-standing sterile pouch, which possesses its own air-filled handle for holding and pouring termed as the Ecolean concept. The proliferating innovations in Milk Packaging are therefore driving the growth of the Milk Packaging Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Milk Packaging Market Challenges
Limitations Of Diverse Milk Packaging Techniques Present Challenges To The Growth Of The Milk Packaging Market:
Paper-based packaging is prone to dampness and tearing. Plastic containers are susceptible to becoming brittle at low temperatures and melting at soaring temperatures. While glass is at resistant, it is also heavy and breakable. Glass may be unsafe. The freshness of milk may decrease in glass bottles. Milk in plastic packets may be effortlessly adulterated. The quality of plastic utilized needs to be virgin polyethylene only (LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE, or EVA). Shelf life is short. It is required to store at a fixed temperature in cold chains consistently. The disadvantages of the different kinds of Milk Packaging are thus hampering the growth of the Milk Packaging Market.
Milk Packaging Industry Outlook
Agreements and mergers and acquisitions are key strategies adopted by players in this market. Milk Packaging top 10 companies include:
- Evergreen Packaging
- Stanpac Inc.
- Elopak AS
- Ball Corporation
- Ecolean AB
- Greiner Packaging International GmbH
- TETRA PAK
- Nampak Ltd.
- In November 2021, Tetra Pak introduced what it dubbed a “universal connected experience”, accessed through its smart packaging. The Tetra Pak Iberia connected experience, built in partnership with Appetite Creative, targets to assist brands in engaging directly with customers without the requirement for introductory digital development costs. It is accessible originally to brands in southern Europe, with more countries to follow.
- In September 2021, Tetra Pak introduced its Leap Accelerator Program, as per a press release. The firm will provide brands the assistance of its experts and contractor makers to formulate products and aim for novel consumption occasions, develop packaging and promotions, and assist with constancy and scalability. Certain products the accelerator program could back involve dairy- and plant-based foods, and beverages with soaring acidity, as per Pedro Goncalves, Tetra Pak's vice president of marketing for the U.S. and Canada.
- In November 2020, Tetra Pak introduced its earliest total processing line for feta-type white cheese products, with a completely automated and combined solution to guarantee the greatest standard of food security and speed to market. Influencing over 45 years of experience in cheese processing, Tetra Pak is introducing this excellent practice line to allow white milk manufacturers and conventional cheese makers to seek opportunities within white cheese. The entire processing line has been planned to generate a diverse series of white cheese products, using proven technologies, like ultrafiltration and high shear mixing, to expedite customer investigation of a novel market segment and boost prevailing production capacity.
Dairy Packaging Market – Forecast (2021 - 2026)
Report Code: FBR 0122
Powdered Milk Market – Forecast (2021 - 2026)
Report Code: FBR 0335
For more Food and Beverage Market reports, please click here