Nonwoven Geotextiles Market - Forecast(2023 - 2028)
Nonwoven geotextiles market size is forecast to reach $6.7 billion by 2025, after growing at a CAGR of 6.5% during 2020-2025 owing to rising demand from various end use industries such as water filtration, agriculture, building and pavement construction, hydrogeology and environmental engineering for applications such as steep slopes, rail road, drainage systems, retaining walls, waterworks, erosion control of sea embankments on compressible soil, ocean shores, breakwaters and land reclamation. The nonwoven geotextiles have the ability to separate, filter, reinforce, protect, or drain and is designed to increase soil stabilization and ground support. These geotextiles are high in strength which allow for maximum slope support, stabilization and erosion control. These excellent characteristics of nonwoven geotextiles are anticipated to drive the nonwoven geotextiles market substantially during the forecast period.
The report: “Nonwoven Geotextiles Market – Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the nonwoven geotextiles Industry.
By Material Type: Polyester, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Polyamide, and Others
By Technology: Spunbond, Melt Blown, Air-Laid, Needle-Punch, Wet-Laid, and Others
By Application: Road Construction, Erosion Prevention, Separation, Drainage, Filtration, and Others
By Geography: North-America, South-America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW
- Asia Pacific dominates the nonwoven geotextiles market, owing to the increasing construction activities in the region due to various government initiatives such as “100 smart cities” and “One Belt, One Road: Connecting China and the world” in the APAC region.
- The demand for the nonwoven geotextiles are increasing because of its extensive set of properties such as high strength, level of uniformity, tear strength, tensile strength, easy processing, dimensional stability and ability to form composites.
- The nonwoven geotextiles are made up of acrylic resin and are often used for protection from soil erosion, separating the base course and sub-base of the roads during road construction, and combining it with 3D structures for creating prefabricated drains, which will boost the nonwoven geotextiles market during the forecast period.
- Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic most of the countries has gone under lockdown, due to which the construction projects and operations are disruptively stopped, which is hampering the nonwoven geotextiles market growth.
By Material Type – Segment Analysis
The polypropylene materials segment holds the largest share in the nonwoven geotextiles market in 2019, owing to rising demand of polypropylene nonwoven geotextiles from the construction sectors because of its extensive properties such as high resistance to mechanical stress, bitumen & polystyrene compatibility, non-rotting, water & nutrient storage, footstep sound insulation and made of recycled fibers. Polypropylene nonwoven geotextiles find extensive applications in construction industry; especially in roofing, tile underlayment, waste deposits, pipelines wrapping, acoustical ceiling, and overall insulation. The product is also used in agriculture and landscaping in root bags, capillary matting, turf protection, weed control fabrics and crops, which is anticipated to drive the nonwoven geotextiles market during the forecast period.
By Technology – Segment Analysis
The spunbond technology holds the largest share in the nonwoven geotextiles market in 2019, owing to its excellent characteristics such as random fibrous structure, high strength to weight ratio, high tear strength, planar isotropic properties, good fray, crease resistance and high opacity. Spunbonding combines fiber spinning, web forming, web bonding and finishing in a continuous process and thus it is widely used to produce nonwoven geotextiles from polymers. Also, the fibers produced in spun bonded nonwovens are spun filaments, whose diameters are in the range of 10-35 microns, whereas the fibers of melt blown nonwovens are usually discontinuous and much finer, typically less than 10 microns. The Spun bonding technique offers superior tensile properties at a weight of fabric while process modifications of filament device, crimp, cross section, degree of bonding etc. and can often produce the required property balances needed to meet end user requirements, which is increasing the demand of spunbond technology for manufacturing nonwoven geotextiles during the forecast period.
By Application – Segment Analysis
The road construction application holds the largest share in the nonwoven geotextiles market in 2019 and is growing at a CAGR of 7.2%, owing to its properties such as elongation, tensile strength, diffusive permeability, flexibility and many more. Nonwoven geotextiles are mostly used in construction & infrastructures such as roads, buildings, dams to fill gaps between the roads and to improve soil structure which makes it easy to build in difficult places also. Nonwoven geotextiles are generally used for straining and separation in road constructions, to prevent relocation and intermingling of materials as they are thin and strong membrane fabric, thus allowing free movement of water. According to European Disposables and Nonwovens Association (EDANA), around 750 square kilometers of geotextiles nonwoven are manufactured and sold every year, 60% of which are used in the construction of roads. Also, nonwoven geotextiles made from synthetic or natural fibers improves the characteristics of soil such as friction or movement restraint, support of loads and changes in bearing failure plane, which is increasing the demand of nonwoven geotextiles from the road construction sectors during the forecast period.
By Geography – Segment Analysis
Asia Pacific region holds the largest share in the nonwoven geotextiles market in 2019 up to 45%, owing to the growing infrastructural activities such as building, roads, railroad sleeper and pavements constructions in the countries such as India, China and Singapore due to economic reforms, infrastructural development, and rising per capita income of the individuals. The population growth is resulting in the need for more residential and commercial sectors. Moreover, in India, the government has initiated projects, such as ‘100 smart cities’ and ‘Housing for All by 2022,’ which are expected to drive the Indian residential construction market over the forecast period. According to Australian trade and investment commission, Singapore government spends at least S$2 billion on public infrastructure each month. Also, the government projected Singapore’s average construction demand for 2018 and 2019 between S$26 billion to S$35 billion. Such investments and initiatives in the construction industry by the government in APAC are anticipated to drive the nonwoven geotextiles market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Drivers – Nonwoven Geotextiles Market
- Increasing Demand of Nonwoven Geotextiles from Various Sectors
There is an increasing demand of nonwoven geotextiles from the drainage systems and erosion control application owing to its various properties such as separation, reinforcement, filtration, and others. Also, there is an increasing demand for nonwoven geotextiles in medical application for various purposes such as medical packaging, surgical gowns and drapes, wound dressings, and others, which is estimated to propel the nonwoven geotextiles market over the forecast period. The nonwoven geotextiles are flexible, textile-like polymer fabrics of controlled permeability due to which they are being widely used in the construction of roads, drains, harbor works, breakwaters and for land reclamation, ditches, around pipes, underneath drains, or in other areas dealing with high levels of subsurface drainage or site runoff. The rising demand of nonwoven geotextiles from various industrial sectors acts as a driver for the nonwoven geotextiles market during the forecast period.
- Increasing Construction Activities
There is an increasing demand of nonwoven geotextiles over geocells and geogrids for the constructing roads, pavements, buildings and dams as it have more absorption capacity. Various governments are taking initiatives to increase road construction activities. China has taken up an initiative named “One Belt, One Road: Connecting China and the world” initiative to improve its infrastructure. The plan focuses on green development and urbanization with infrastructure development of airport, roads, 30,000 km of high speed rail covering and 60% of urbanization ratio with permanent residents and few other projects. Also, according to Ministry of Textiles in 2019 India had 40 geotextiles project for roads, water reservoirs and slope stabilization. Thus, the increasing construction activities in various regions and various government initiatives are anticipated to drive the nonwoven geotextiles market.
Challenges – Nonwoven Geotextiles Market
- Volatility In Crude Oil Prices
The raw materials often used for manufacturing nonwoven geotextiles such as polypropylene, polyester and polyamides are derived from the crude oil. So, the price fluctuation of crude oils also hinders with the price of nonwoven geotextiles raw materials. According to, BP Statistical Review of World Energy, In the recent year there is been an increase in the price volatility of crude oil, such as the crude oil price decreased from $98.95 in 2014 to $52.39 in 2015 and increased from $43.73 in 2016 to $71.31 in 2018. And because of this uncertainty in crude oil prices the price of nonwoven geotextiles also increases. Thus, the volatility in crude oil prices is expected to be a significant challenge for the nonwoven geotextiles market manufacturers during the forecast period.
Technology launches, acquisitions and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the nonwoven geotextiles market. In 2019, the market of nonwoven geotextiles has been consolidated by the top five players accounting for xx% of the share. Major players in the nonwoven geotextiles market are Fibertex Nonwovens A/S, GSE Environmental Inc., Thrace-Linq, Hanes Geo Components, Low and Bonar PLC, Bonar Technical Fabrics, Mattex Geosynthetics, NAUE GmbH and Co. KG, Officine Maccaferri Spa, Fabril Scavone, Polymer Group Inc. and Propex Operating Company.
- In February, 2019 Thrace-Linq completed its latest expansion, an Andritz needlepunch nonwoven line in Summerville, South Carolina and then transferred it to Don & Low facility located in Forfar, Scotland, with the goal of strengthening and consolidating its presence in the United Kingdom and northwestern Europe
- In September, 2019 Fabril Scavone announced its investment in the construction of a new industrial plant featuring European machinery with state-of-the-art technology to manufacture needle punched nonwovens for the automotive, synthetic laminates, footwear, filtration, geotextiles, acoustics and furniture industries.
- In March, 2020 BASF’s light stabilizers from the Chimassorb® range have been used by M/s Megaplast India Pvt Ltd (Megaplast), a leading polyethylene products manufacturer in India, to produce nonwoven geotextile used in the construction of national highways.
1. Nonwoven Geotextiles Market - Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Nonwoven Geotextiles Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key Trends by Material Type
2.3 Key Trends by Technology
2.4 Key Trends by Application
2.5 Key Trends by Geography
3. Nonwoven Geotextiles Market - Landscape
3.1 Comparative analysis
3.1.1 Market Share Analysis- Top Companies
3.1.2 Product Benchmarking- Top Companies
3.1.3 Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.4 Patent Analysis- Top Companies
3.1.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Nonwoven Geotextiles Market - Startup companies Scenario Premium (Premium)
4.1 Top startup company Analysis by
4.1.3 Market Shares
4.1.4 Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Nonwoven Geotextiles Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case studies of successful ventures
5.4 Customer Analysis - Top companies
6. Nonwoven Geotextiles Market - Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints
6.3 Market Opportunities
6.4 Porters five force model
6.4.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3 Threat of new entrants
6.4.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Nonwoven Geotextiles Market -Strategic analysis
7.1 Value chain analysis
7.2 Opportunities analysis
7.3 Market life cycle
7.4 Suppliers and distributors Analysis
8. Nonwoven Geotextiles Market – By Material Type (Market Size -$Million, KT)
9. Nonwoven Geotextiles Market – By Technology (Market Size -$Million, KT)
9.2 Melt blown
10. Nonwoven Geotextiles Market – By Application (Market Size -$Million, KT)
10.1 Road Construction
10.2 Erosion Prevention
11. Nonwoven Geotextiles Market - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / KT)
11.1 North America
11.2 South America
11.2.5 Rest of South America
11.3.9 Rest of Europe
11.4 Asia Pacific
11.4.4 South Korea
11.4.5 Australia & New Zealand
11.4.6 Rest of Asia Pacific
11.5.1 Middle East
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of South Africa
12. Nonwoven Geotextiles Market- Entropy
12.1 New Product Launches
12.2 M&A’s, Collaborations, JVs and Partnerships
13. Market Share Analysis (Premium)
13.1 Market Share by Country- Top companies
13.2 Market Share by Region- Top companies
13.3 Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top companies
13.4 Market Share at global level- Top companies
13.5 Best Practices for companies
14. Nonwoven Geotextiles Market- List of Key Companies by Country (Premium)
15. Nonwoven Geotextiles Market Company Analysis
15.1 Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
15.2 Company 1
15.3 Company 2
15.4 Company 3
15.5 Company 4
15.6 Company 5
15.7 Company 6
15.8 Company 7
15.9 Company 8
15.10 Company 9
15.11 Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"