Pet Food Processing Market Overview:
Pet Food Processing Market size is valued at $ 3.81Bn in 2019 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 4.1% during the forecast period 2020-2025. The Pet Food Processing Market growth rate is attributed to the increase in awareness regarding consumption of natural and organic pet food products which has led to a shift in the focus of manufacturers for production of natural food products. There has been a rise in trend for families on adoption of dogs as companions has resulted in an increase in the number of people owning dogs thereby, feeding them with premium food. Implementation of laws for ensuring the overall wellness and safety of pets and the involvement of various non-governmental bodies to promote the usage of various healthy and safe ingredients like organic food components by manufacturers thereby regulating the manufacturing process is anticipated to propel the Pet Food Processing Market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
The report: “Pet Food Processing Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Pet Food Processing Market.
By Equipment Type: Mixing & Blending Equipment, Forming Equipment, Baking & Drying Equipment, Cooling Equipment, Coating Equipment
By Process Type: Hammer Mills, Air and Dust Filters, Weighing System, Mixer, Extruder, Combi-zone Dryer, Conditioners, Cooler, Vaccum Coating, Rotary values and feed dressers
By Product Form: Raw Pet Food, Canned Pet Food, Refrigerated Pet Food, Snacks and Treats
By Pet Types: Dogs, Cats, Birds, Aquaria
By Geography: North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Rest of World
• North America dominated the Pet Food Processing Market with a share of 42% in the year 2019.
• The factors such as rising acceptance of pets across various regions along with the growing trend of product premiumization amid pet food producers are amongst the major factor projected to impel the growth of Pet Food Processing Market.
• Inclination toward high-quality commercial pet food products with the increasing purchase of pet foods across the globe to the advancements in the processing equipment manufacturers for more specialized and innovative machinery for pet food manufacturing are the key factors owing to the growth in the segment during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Equipment Type- Segment Analysis
Based on equipment type, baking & drying equipment segment held the major share of the market in terms of revenue and is estimated to grow with a CAGR of 3.8%. The reason is set to be attributed to satisfy the demand of the customers, which offers the ability to add shelf-life to any products without utilizing any preservatives or additives. Baking & Dryingis believed to rise effectively as changing demands from customers, who continue to look up for this processing technique as advancements are made to retain nutritional content as well as energy efficiency which is anticipated to further expand the consumption rate over the projection period of 2020-2025 as manufacturers are trying to adopt the technique for specialty high-margin products.
Product Form- Segment Analysis
Refrigerated Pet Food segment held the largest share in the market owing to the current shift in the requirements of processors’ food logistics as well as their refrigeration storage area and solutions over other forms as consumers today want fresh options for their pets. Also, the refrigerated pet food plants leverage fine-tuned temperature and humidity control to maintain product quality. Furthermore, with change in consumer demands; food and beverage companies have started changing the product offerings to accommodate different dietary requests and the desire for more varied products using new and exotic ingredients such as using dozens of different vegetables and protein supplements moving past the ordinary fare of using chicken, turkey and beef which keeps an intact in the quality thereby, leading to a rise in need for refrigerated pet food.
By Geography- Segment Analysis
North America dominated the Pet Food Processing Market with a share of 42% in 2019. North America remains the largest market of processed Pet Food owing to the increase in regional demand for processed pet food which is largely determined by the awareness in consumers regarding their pets, along with rise in the awareness of beneficial effects of processed food on pet health. According to the 2019-2020 APPA National Pet Owners Survey, 67% of U.S. households own a pet, which equates to 84.9 million homes. Also the trend of adopting pets as a companion amongst the millennials along with a revolution in the consumer demands which attracts transparency as well as healthier and more varied offerings from producers are to cater the Pet Food Processing Market in the forecast period of 2020-2025.
Drivers –Pet Food Processing Market
• Rising concerns for pet nutrition content and packaging
With the rise in pet adoption by a large consumer base there has been an increase in demand for various savoury ingredients with addition of small portions of nutritional supplement. Many large as well as small market players are concerned on offering new flavours and fresh ingredients with a pro plan savour shredded blend, which includes hard, dry kibble mixed with tender meat to provide an interesting texture. Innovations are also being made in packaging of the processed food to maintain the shelf-life as well as its freshness which can be considered as a Pet Food Processing key driver of the market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Challenges– Pet Food Processing Market
• Rising Concerns Pertaining to Obesity in Pets
The major challenge for the market is the rise in concerns regarding the obesity in pets. Pets are also highly susceptible to complications of obesity like that of humans, especially dogs that suffer from conditions related to overweight and obesity. This has led to a need to control the weight of pets, thereby opting for organic ones rather than normal pet food. Moreover, the consumers are demanding more transparency in terms of ingredients added and the processing which is making the companies strive in retaining their consumer-base.
Pet Food Processing Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Pet Food Processing Market. In 2019, Pet Food Processing Market shareisfragmentedby the top tenplayers present in the market. Pet Food Processing Market top 10 companies are ANDRITZ AG,Clextral SAS, Buhler AG, Baker Perkins Ltd.,The Middleby Corporation,Automated Process Equipment Corporation (APEC), Mepaco Group, Precision Food Innovations, Smith Corporation, Fusion Tech Integrated Inc., and others.
- In Pet Food Forum 2019, held from April 29th to May 1stClextral SAS introduced its twin-screw extrusion technology which and about to create innovative and cost-effective products to produce quality products to take care of animals.
- In June 08, 2015 International technology Group ANDRITZ has launched a new paddle mixer for feed compounds. The main benefit of the innovative ANDRITZ OptiMix mixer is the high speed, mixing up to 30 batches per hour, which is three times faster than the previous generation of mixers.
- In November 15, 2016 Buhler AGaddressed the need for safe and sustainable feed and hygienic measures acrossfeed production chains at the Swiss Green Economy Symposium in Winterthur, Switzerland.The emerging threat of antimicrobial resistant(AMR) bacteria is posing a huge challenge for the industry in terms of food safety,mainly in animal food production.