In the past there have been many catastrophic disasters in critical industries such as Mining, Oil & Gas, Nuclear power industry, and so on.
Here is some example for the industrial accidents recorded in recent times.
- Fukushima nuclear accident in Japan
- Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico
- Soma mine disaster in Turkey
- Pike River Mine disaster in New Zealand
Such accidents occurring in various industries have raised the question on the reliability and safety of a plant.
Mining industry is one of the most vulnerable industries to such disasters owing to criticality of the work environment. Mine workers, especially underground mine workers are in constant risk of being exposed to explosion, fire, leakage of harmful gases, toxic atmospheric contamination and dust.
The major reasons for fatalities in surface as well as underground are reported to be collapse of mine, power haulage, machinery, explosions, electrification and so on. All these factors account to more than 85% of overall disaster incidents in mines.
Solenoid valves can be used as a safety measure so as to mitigate the effect of a potential disaster. For instance, a sensor along with an solenoid valve can be installed so that in case of an emergency the activation of the valve can send a mass notification to the employees to vacate the mine, solenoid valves can be used to monitor temperature and atmospheric conditions so that in situations such as explosion within a mine, automatic supply of water to put of fire can be controlled with the help of these valves. They can also monitor leakage of harmful gases or contamination of atmosphere caused by operations such as excavation of ground and can indicate halt of the process. These illustrations are only a few applications of solenoid valves as safety component. Solenoid valves in combination with other reliable components and processes such as electric power supplier, ventilator and so on can monitor the overall environment of the mine. Owing to the reliability and robustness of solenoid valves, companies all over the world are deploying solenoid valves as a measure of safety.
- Control Valves Market Analysis: By Valve Body (Linear Motion Valve and Rotary Valve); By Valve End Connection (Screwed Pipe Threads); By Leakage (Seat Leakage and Valve Leakage); By End User Application (Oil & Gas, Pharmaceuticals, Fertilizer and Others) - Forecast (2015 – 2021) https://www.industryarc.com/Report/6347/Digital-Power-Electronics-Market-Research-Report.html
- Valves, Actuators and Positioners Market: By Application (Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics & Others); By Valve type (Control, Isolation & others); By Actuator type (Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Electric & others); By Positioner type (Pneumatic and Electro pneumatic) - Forecast (2015 - 2020) https://www.industryarc.com/Report/1298/valves-actuators-positioners-market-analysis-report.html
IndustryARC is a research and consulting firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually in various industries, such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences & Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications of the Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global demand-supply gap of markets. Our strong analyst team enables us to meet the client research needs at a very quick speed with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address customer needs; stay ahead in the market; become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.
Mr. Venkateshwar Reddy
Business Development Manager
Email: [email protected]
Contact Sales: 1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)Connect with us on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/industryarc