Televisions are an inevitable part of modern human life and rightly so. Without television sets, entertainment needs of a lot of people will get affected. A typical family’s entertainment needs centre around televisions which in the present scenario are incomplete without a set-top box. Set top box market has made a name for itself for bringing seamless network streaming to people’s homes at the click of a button according to a market intelligence report published by IndustryARC. In the current times, technological innovation in set top boxes by key market players will be the leading factor for the growth of the market. During the forecast period 2019-2025, the set top box market has been evaluated to expand with a CAGR of 4.1% by selling approximately 255.4 million units.
The IndustryARC report titled ‘Set Top Box Market: By Type (Cable, Satellite, Internet Protocol, Digital Terrestrial Television, Over the Top and Others); By Content (High Definition, Standard Definition and Others) – Forecast (2019 - 2025)’ contains relevant information related to the growth of set top box market and how it is still thriving despite the advent of over-the-top services in the global entertainment market.
Set Top Box Market: Regional Analysis and Competitive Landscape
Several key market players have tried to delve into newer technology such as artificial intelligence in order to provide growth to the set top box market by instigating innovation. These key market players include Arris International, Dish Network, Humax, Roku, Broadcom, Technicolor, Comcast, ADB, Abox42, Huawei, Samsung, and Skyworth Digital. Huawei Technologies which is a leading company of the market recently won an award for their set-top box, Huawei X22. This particular set top box was felicitated for its 360-degree panoramic view, extremely user-friendly interface, and 4K Ultra high definition video quality.
The geographical leader of the global set top box market is APAC with a regional share of 35.28% in 2018. Even during technologically advancing times, Asian population is highly dependent on satellite television and set top boxes for fulfilment of their entertainment needs. Population from countries such as India and China prefer set top boxes over pay-per-view or over-the-top technology.
Set Top Box Market: Growth Drivers and Disruptive Trends
· Television is Primary Entertainment
According to an annual survey conducted by Bureau of Labor Statistics titled ‘American Time Use Survey’, watching television was the most preferred forms of pastime amongst Americans. This is extremely reflective of how key market players have capitalized on people’s constant interest in satellite television.
· Use of Artificial Intelligence
Artificial technology is one such segment that is being adopted by the manufacturers of all spheres for their appeal to the general population. United States of America’s primary set top box provider DISH has released three different products titled Hopper, Jolly, and Wally. All these products use AI and have several features including connection to the internet, and voice remote that utilizes Google assistant.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
What can you expect from the report?
The Set Top Box Market report is prepared with the main agenda to cover the following 20 points:
1. Market Size by Product Categories & Applications 11. Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
2. Market trends & Relevant Market Data 12. Country level Analysis
3. Manufacturer Landscape 13. Competitor Analysis
4. Distributor Landscape 14. Market Shares Analysis
5. Pricing Analysis 15. Value Chain Analysis
6. Top 10 End user Analysis 16. Supply Chain Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking 17. Strategic Analysis
8. Product Developments 18. Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis 19. Opportunity Analysis
10. Patent Analysis 20. Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
1. Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
2. Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to [email protected] to discuss more about our consulting services.
To request for a proposal, provide your details in the below link:
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Email 1: [email protected]
Or Email 2: [email protected]
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC is a research and consulting firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food and Beverages, Information Technology, and Life sciences and Healthcare.