Proppants Market Growth Spurred by Growing Demand for Energy
Increasing need of frac sand for extraction of petroleum fluids, rising usage of ceramic and resin coated proppants to enhance productivity of wells, advancements in proppants fracking technology, growing demand for energy, and perpetual requirement of oil and gas are the factors driving the global demand for proppants, as per the newly collated market research report by IndustryARC. According to the report, the global proppants market was valued at $8.1 billion in 2018 and is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.10% during the forecast period 2019-2025.
The report is titled “
Market: By Product (Sand, Resin Coated, Ceramic); By Application (Shale Gas,
Tight Oil, Coal Bed Methane, Others); & By Geography - Forecast (2019-2025).”
It explains in detail the indispensable aspects of the market including market
drivers, market value chain, restraints, growth indicators, market trends,
challenges, future outlook, and market insights.
Proppants Market: Leading Segments
North America held 71% of the global proppants market share in in 2018. Increasing material loading levels, presence of enormous shale gas reserves, growing number of aging fields, commercial extraction of unconventional gases, large number of oil extraction companies, new investments in proppants plants, introduction of longer laterals, and moderate recovery of oil prices are some of the key factors propelling the growth of the North America proppants market.
Proppants are classified into resin-coated, ceramic, and frac sand materials. Furthermore, proppants are classified based on their application into shale gas, tight gas, and coal bed methane. Frac sand it the most widely used category in the proppants market owing to its efficiency, low cost, easy availability, and broad applications. The frac sand segment is estimated to continue its dominance by growing at an outstanding CAGR of 54% through 2025.
Proppants Market Disruptive Trends
Improvements in Hydraulic Fracturing Technology:
New technologies aim to lower maintenance cost and reduce carbon footprints. The oil and gas industry’s desire to spur production of unconventional resources are driving the evolution of hydraulic fracturing technologies. The development of fracking technology has led to the usage of proppants, eventually increasing the demand in the proppants market.
Horizontal multistage fracturing technique:
One of the major factors spurring the growth of the proppants market is the development of horizontal multistage fracturing technique. This technique has led to the increasingly active use of unconventional resources, further propelling the usage of proppants in the oil and gas industry.
Proppants Market: Competitive Landscape
Momentive, Fores, Borovichi Refractories Plant, Unimin Corporation, Saint Gobain, U.S. Silica Holdings, Carbo Ceramics, Cadre, Hi crush LP Partners, Badger Mining Corporation, and Mineracao Curimbaba Ltd are some of the major players in the proppants market.
Talk to one of our
sales representatives about the full report by providing your details in the
Hydraulic Fracturing & Services Market
Hydraulic Fracturing & Services Market
What can you expect from the report?
1. Market Size by Product Categories & Application 11. Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
2. Market trends & Relevant Market Data 12. Country level Analysis
3. Manufacturer Landscape 13. Competitor Analysis
4. Distributor Landscape 14. Market Shares Analysis
5. Pricing Analysis 15. Value Chain Analysis
6. Top 10 End user Analysis 16. Supply Chain Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking 17. Strategic Analysis
8. Product Developments 18. Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis 19. Opportunity Analysis
10. Patent Analysis 20. Revenue and Volume Analysis
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
1. Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
2. Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team. Drop an e-mail to [email protected] to learn more about our consulting services.
To request for a
quote, provide your details in the link below:
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Email 1: [email protected]
Or Email 2: [email protected]
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)