In the Report “Defoamers Market: By Type (Silicone Defoamer, Non-silicone Defoamer); By Application (Pulp& Paper,Paints, Ink & Coatings, Oil & gas, Industrial cleaning and detergants, Pharmaceutical, Textile Processing, Food & Beverages,Others); & Geographic Analysis - Forecast (2018-2023)” published by IndustryARC, the market is driven by consumer preference towards environmentally sustainable products that is expected to result in the increased share of water based defoamers over the next few years.
Asia-Pacific leading with major share in the Defoamers Market
The Asia-Pacific region is the fastest growing region as emerging economies like China and India are having huge demands in the infrastructure sector like construction because of increasing population. It is estimated to grow with a CAGR of 5.2% between 2018 and 2023. The findings say Asia-Pacific is expected to gain a revenue of $1430.86 million by the end of 2023. The demand for defoamers has decreased over the years in North America and Europe due to stagnant growth in industries such as pulp and paper and textiles. The North American region is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.3% from 2018 to 2023. Even after experiencing a slow growth, North America is expected to reach a revenue of $718.62 million by 2023.
Selected Type Analysis done in the full Report:
Silicone based defoamers accounted for 68.2% of the total market share. Among all the various end user industries mentioned, pulp and paper accounted for the major market share at 31.3% of the total market share, followed by oil and gas. The silicone market is estimated to increase its majority up to 72.2% from 71.4% in 2017. The market revenue in 2017 was $2101 million and is anticipated to be $2755.97 million by 2023. Pulp & paper is the major application for silicone defoamers. Silicone defoamers are used extensively in pulp and paper, oil & gas, paints & coatings, lubricants, textiles and detergent industry. Silicone defoamers in the textile industry is growing at a CAGR of 5.2%, which is the highest among all the other industries. The non-silicone defoamer market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.40%, to reach a revenue of $1025.91 million by 2023 from $830 million in 2017. Non-silicone defoamer is used extensively in the food & beverage industry. It is also used in the pulp and paper and oil & gas industry. The organic compound is more compatible with application products and is highly efficient for high performance applications.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors
- Shift in consumer preferences towards environmentally sustainable products is expected to result in increased share of water based defoamers over the next five years.
- Positive outlook in pulp & paper production coupled with prospective growth in the coatings industry in China, India and South East Asian countries is expected to drive the demand in the APAC region.
- The demand for paper based flexible packaging materials in the packaging industry will rise on the account of growth in e-commerce and popularization of doorstep delivery system, which is anticipated to experience healthy growth and drive the market in the coming years.
- Defoamer manufacturers have been looking towards working on producing environmentally friendly and low cost defoamers to meet industry needs. This need for less toxic, biodegradable defoamers is turning into major demand and is expected to boost the market growth.
Key players of the Cooled Defoamers Market
Dow Chemicals hold majority share for defoamers, followed by Air Products & Chemicals, Bluestar Silicones, Evonik Group and Kemira. Dow Chemical is the leading manufacturer of silicone defoamers. It has around 180 defoamer products, present in 180 countries and has major suppliers and distributors vertically integrated with it. Air Products and Chemicals is second player to lead in the market. It has a mix of silicone as well as non-silicone defoamers in its product line. Air products & Chemicals propelled six new products that are Airase 4500, DynolTM 960,980; Carbowet GA-210, Airase SSDL, Airase 4750V and 4800 in the last four years. Evonik group has captured the defoamers market in paints and coatings applications.
A. Refinery Process Additives
B. Coating Additives Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Defoamers Market Report is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
1. Market Size by Product Categories & Application 11. Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
2. Market trends & Relevant Market Data 12. Country level Analysis
3. Manufacturer Landscape 13. Competitor Analysis
4. Distributor Landscape 14. Market Shares Analysis
5. Pricing Analysis 15. Value Chain Analysis
6. Top 10 End user Analysis 16. Supply Chain Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking 17. Strategic Analysis
8. Product Developments 18. Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis 19. Opportunity Analysis
10. Patent Analysis 20. Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
1. Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
2. Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interests.
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to [email protected] to discuss more about our consulting services.
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Email : [email protected]
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences & Healthcare.