Superabsorbent polymers market players are also extending their product’s application in medical care, food packaging sectors, water protection of cables, and firefighting sectors. According to IndustryARC analysis, the global SAP market size is estimated to be $7.7 billion by 2021 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.97% during the period 2016-2021. This information is based on a recent business intelligence report from IndustryARC titled “Superabsorbent Polymers (SAPs) Market: By Type, By Grade, By Production Technology, By Application Type, By End User Industry, By Geography - Forecast (2018-2023).”
Global Superabsorbent Polymers Market: Demand Analysis
Plant survival is a major problem in the arid and semi-arid areas as well as drought-repeating areas of the world due to lack of water and desertification. A plant has to absorb moisture more effectively for a stronger growth. Superabsorbent Polymers (SAPs) are eco-friendly cross-linked hydrophilic polymers, also known as slush powder, which absorb large amounts of water and are more useful in seed germination and seedling growth of maize. They are promising admixtures which are used in cementitious materials to provide sealing and healing.
Superabsorbent polymers market player’s products act as an internal curing agent, which increases the internal relative humidity, decreases shrinkage cracks, and also provides watertight structure. Cellulosic or fiber-based products are the water absorbing materials with more water absorbent capacity. Various SAPs are manufactured using acrylic acid, acrylamide and polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) through different techniques.
The primary demand source of the superabsorbent polymers market is its use in disposable personal hygiene products such as disposable diapers, sanitary napkins, and in non-hygiene applications such as soil water retainers. SAP granule turns into water gel after absorbing huge amount of water. In agriculture, SAP is majorly used to reduce irrigation water consumption and fertilizer retention to lower crop death rates, time improvement in the soil, and also in plant growth rate increment.
Browse 61 Market Tables, 177 Figures spread through 135 slides and an in-depth TOC on “Superabsorbent Polymers (SAPs) Market (2018 - 2023)”
Superabsorbent Polymers Market: Trends and Drivers
- Biodegradable SAP products water holding capacity coupled with a reduction in solid waste pollution is set to propel the SAP market. Waste disposal at landfills from households and industrial plants is increasing solid waste. SAPs are the best solution providers for solid waste management. The World Bank estimates the global waste generation to rise to 3.40 billion metric tons by 2050. Thus, biodegradable products are encouraged and widely adopted to protect the environment.
- Increasing usage of biodegradable SAP products in medical and pharmaceuticals, agriculture, and horticulture industries are driving the superabsorbent polymers market growth.
Superabsorbent Polymers Market: Competitive Analysis
- BASF, Nippon Shokubai, Evonik Industries, San Dia Polymers, and Sumitomo SeikaChemicals are some of the key players ahead of the curve in terms of global superabsorbent polymers market shares.
- On December 31, 2017, Chase Corporation acquired Zappa Stewart, which is an advanced SAP formulator to expand its presence into growing medical, environmental and consumer applications.
- In 2018, BASF PETRONAS Chemicals planned to expand the production capacity of acrylic acid and butyl acrylate in Malaysia, to meet the increasing demand for acrylic monomers in Asia-Pacific region. This capacity expansion is aimed to be completed by 2021.
- In 2018, Nippon Shokubai invested in two new production sites with the same capacity. One plant produces 100,000 tons of superabsorbent polymers per year, and the other plant produces acrylic acid. Their consistent production of SAP is targeted to meet the growing demand of SAP in Europe.
Superabsorbent polymers are water-absorbing polymers well known as hydrogels. Increasing demand for hygiene products is fuelling the superabsorbent polymers market. Growing use of SAPs to cope up with the water scarcity and agriculture demands will boost the growth of SAPs market in the near future.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Polymers Market In India: By Class (Thermosetting, Elastomers, others); By Type (Polyethylene, Polypropylene and Others); By source (Natural, Synthetic, Semi synthetic) By Application (Packaging, Building & Construction and Others) - Forecast(2018-2023)
High Performance Polymers Market: Type (Fluoro Polymer, Liquid Crystal Polymers, Polyamides, Polyimides, Polyketone, Others) Application (Construction, Printing Inks, Elastomers, Textiles, Water Treatment, F & B, Packaging, Others) & Geography - Forecast(2018 - 2023)
IndustryARC is a research and consulting firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually in various industries, such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences & Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications of the Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights into the constant flux in the global demand-supply gap of markets. Our strong analyst team enables us to meet the client research needs at a very quick speed with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to supporting the client to be able to better address customer needs; stay ahead in the market; become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.
Mr. Venkateshwar Reddy
Business Development Manager
Email: [email protected]
Contact Sales: 1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
Connect with us on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/industryarc