Global Semiconductor Market: Demand Analysis and Growth Forecast
On the back of growing ubiquity of electronic devices as well as the prosperity of the automotive industry particularly in APAC region, the global semiconductor market is ready to return strong profits, according to the findings of a newly published market research report from IndustryARC. The report estimates the global semiconductor market to be worth $420 billion to $430 billion as of 2018, with the demand increasing at a formidable CAGR of 10% to 12% during the forecast period of 2019 to 2025. The report is titled “
Semiconductor Market: by type (Intrinsic Semiconductor, Extrinsic Semiconductor); by components ( Seals, Filters, Mass flow Controllers, Valves, Others); by instrument (Collection, Monitoring, Data Measurement, Others); by subsystem (Robotics, Vacuum, Power Conversion, Others)); by process (Water Production, Wafer Fabrication, Doping, Masking, Etching, Others); by application (Networking &Telecommunication, Energy, Automotive, Computing, Consumer Electronics, Sports & Fitness, Others)& Geographic Analysis-Forecast (2019-2025)
Semiconductor exhibits the properties of metal as well as insulator. Most common semiconductors are silicon and germanium that are used because of their manipulative behavior and higher electrical conductivity. The semiconductor devices require low voltage for operations, and semiconductor circuit is very small and cost effective, which makes it suitable for devices with flat and small body such as flat televisions.
Browse 78 Market Tables, 178 Figures spread through 137 slides and an in-depth TOC “
Semiconductor Market (2019 - 2025)”
Global Semiconductor Market: Leading Segments
As per the evaluations of the IndustryARC report, APAC dominated in terms of demand with a regional share of more than 70% in 2018. Furthermore, automotive is the leading application with a CAGR of around 10% during the aforementioned forecast period. Different IC’s are used in automotive products such as collision detection systems, infotainment systems, and navigation control. Additionally, growing demand for electric/hybrid vehicles with increased emission legislation and environmental awareness is propelling the demand for semiconductor use in automotive. Furthermore, the demand for smart cars and self-driven trucks is increasing the demand for sensors which in turn is fueling the demand influx in the semiconductor market.
Global Semiconductor Market: Trends
- The demand influx in the semiconductor market is majorly depended upon Internet of Things revolution (IoT), autonomous vehicles, artificial intelligence, and emerging technologies such as virtual reality and augmented reality. These developments are increasing demand for semiconductors that are used for sensors and analogs ICs in the market.
- In 2017, China Ministry of Industry and Information Technology along with IBM Watson Group planned to produce neural network processing chips by year 2020 with total investment of $200 million. Now, this is a revolutionary move that is going to spawn other players in the semiconductor market.
- Advance emergence in display technologies are now continuing their business in 3D and ultra-high definition (UHD) TVs, Hybrid systems, and laptops in the consumer electronics sector are increasing demand for semiconductor ICs which will further enhance the semiconductor market.
- Make in India associative by the Government of India increased the distribution for encouragement organizations such as the Modified Special Incentive Package Scheme (M-SIPS) and the Electronic Development Fund (EDF) to $111 million that will boost the semiconductor as well as the electronics manufacturing industry.
- Open-source hardware and creating silicon from different parts, is gaining influence from organizations due to reduced cost and time-to-market for varied designs.
Global Semiconductor Market: Competitive Landscape
Some of the major players in the market are Intel, Samsung, Qualcomm, Broadcom, SK Hynix, Micron, TI, Toshiba, NXP, Mediatek, Western Digital, STMicroelectronics, Infineon, Sony, Renesas, Apple, Analog Devices, and AMD.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Semiconductor Coolers Market: By Type (Single Stage, Multi Stage); By Product Design (Square, Center Hole, Thin-Film, Others); By Application (Optoelectronics, Conventional Cooling & Refrigeration, Others); By End User (Automotive, ICT, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Others) & Geography - Forecast (2018-2025)
Semiconductor IP Market: By Core Types (Soft & Hard IP Cores, Standard IP, Custom IP); Form Factor (Integrated Circuits IP, System-on-Chip IP); By End use verticals (Communications, consumer electronics, medical, automotive and others) & Geography - Forecast (2018 - 2023)
IndustryARC is a research and consulting firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually in various industries, such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences & Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications of the Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights into the constant flux in the global demand-supply gap of markets. Our strong analyst team enables us to meet the client research needs at a very quick speed with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to supporting the client to be able to better address customer needs; stay ahead in the market; become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.
Mr. Venkateshwar Reddy
Business Development Manager
Contact Sales: 1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)