The increased demand for commercial and industrial vehicles is reflecting positively on the automotive powertrain control module (PCM) market. Due to the continuous depletion of fossil fuels, the stringent rules to operate automobiles in optimum manner have gained momentum. A PCM is one of the most important elements of an automobile. As per a report released by the European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA), 98.9 million motor vehicles were produced globally in 2017. The PCM market was valued at $29.53 billion in 2018 and is estimated to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 6.19% during the forecast period 2019-2025.
Asia-Pacific is the leading market for PCMs. The region is recognized for high sales of PCMs owing to the exponential growth of the automotive industry. ,. The emerging technologies have also contributed to the growth of the market. The APAC region accounted for 27.14% share of the global PCM market in 2018.
A power-train control module is an automotive component used in motor vehicles, general electric and hybrid vehicles. The control unit of a PCM consists of an engine control unit (ECU) and a transmission control Unit (TCU). The main functions of PCMs include the monitoring of the air-fuel ratio, and controlling the ignition time and the throttle valve.
A PCM acts as the brain of the vehicle and manages the charging, transmission, emission control, and communications systems along with other onboard control modules.
· PCM offers several benefits such as the lightness of weight, compactness, easy installation, and various other warning lights display for safety purposes. Therefore, PCM is gaining popularity among electric and hybrid car manufactures.
· Rising demand for automatic transmission worldwide owing to various benefits it offers such as less carbon emission, driving comfort, and fuel efficiency is driving the PCM market.
· The company named Pleasurecraft Engine Group developed Catanium Clean Emission System (CES) for marine engines. It is an advanced catalyst technology that helps reduce the harmful emission of dangerous carbon monoxide. The use of CES is gaining traction as it creates a cleaner and safer marine environment.
· Controls are the key characteristics to measure the behavior of the powertrain with respect to vehicle performance, robustness, and emission. AVL, one of the market players in the PCM market, introduced a modular powertrain software control solution that is gaining wide popularity in the powertrain control market.
· The powertrain hybridization solutions for commercial vehicles with engine management system is gaining traction in the automotive industry.
If a PCM gets damaged, it can have an adverse effect on the engine performance. Challenges include failure in alert light warning and delay in starting the engine. The replacement and installation costs are very high, which can hamper the demand growth for PCMs. The various mobile apps services available to check and keep an update of the installed PCM in the vehicle to repair it before it get damaged is expected to boost the PCM market.
Some of the major players in the PCM market are Continental AG, Denso Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric, General Motors, AB Volvo, Hyundai KEFICO, AVL Engineering Company, Honda, Mitsubishi Electric, FTP Industrial, and Hitachi Automotive System.
The base year of the study is 2018, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the powertrain control module market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of powertrain control modules, fuel types, which include gasoline, diesel, alternative fuels, CNG, and LPG.
The report analyses the product demand in the Powertrain control module market on the basis of vehicle types, which include passenger, and heavy and light commercial vehicles. The powertrain control module market report also analyzes the major geographic regions as well as the major countries in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
Key Questions Addressed in the Powertrain control
module market Report
Is the market demand for powertrain control module growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
Which type of Powertrain control module presents the major growth opportunities?
Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market
Who are the top players/companies of the market?
What are the recent innovations in the market?
How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
What is our Vision 2030 for the powertrain control module market?
A Few Focus Points Of This Research Are Given