The Europe Polypropylene Market worth $16.26 billion is expected to reach $26.26 billion by 2023. In terms of volume polypropylene (PP) ranks as the second largest polymer industry in the world today and makes up 25% of global polymer demand. Less competitive regions will have to adapt through supply rationalizations else with new product and process innovations. The identification of suitable feedstock for the desired petrochemicals is initial block of polypropylene value chain.
Polypropylene market permeates a wide range of product, which includes almost every sphere of life, such as clothing, construction, furniture, agriculture, automobiles, packaging and many more. With growing population, the demand for these sectors has seen an upsurge in the recent past. The increased consumption of plastic products from major developing applications with rapid industrialization is considered to opportunity for the rise of demand in European market.
The reason anticipated for growth in revenue of the polypropylene market has been attributed mainly to the huge potential of Europe’s petrochemical industry. Growing potential in polypropylene market is foreseen to expect to attain hand full of revenue from packaging industry during the forecast period. Polypropylene is one of the mostly used plastic in 3D printing application with growing demand across the region.
The report focuses on Europe in terms of changing trends of polypropylene production, demand, pricing, exports and imports with respect to decline in crude oil prices. It also gives in depth analysis on the supply chain of polypropylene in the European market which has secured 32% share in the global polypropylene market.
What is Polypropylene?
Our Polypropylene Market insights Propylene is one of the major building blocks of the petrochemical industry. It is also known as propene. Polypropylene is a tough and rigid, crystalline thermoplastic produced from propene (or propylene) monomer, which a linear hydrocarbon resin and is also known as polypropene. The chemical formula of polypropylene is (C3H6)n. Polypropylene Resin (PP) is among the cheapest plastics available today. PP is categorized under the polyolefin family of polymers and is one of the top 3 most used polymers today. Polypropylene has applications, both as a plastic and as a fibre in industries including automotive, construction, packaging etc.
What are the major applications for Europe Polypropylene?
PP is found suitable as a material utilized across a wide range of polymer applications including packaging and labeling, textiles, stationery, plastic parts and reusable containers of various types. Packaging applications accounts for the largest volume of growth despite weak consumer spending and competitive pressures. Major use of polypropylene lies in the packaging industry for consumer products, food containers, cosmetic products, beverages, and others.
Automotive industry depict the scope in the Polypropylene market for its usage in manufacturing of plastic parts, car bumpers, dashboards, and others. There has been a significant rise in demand for polypropylene due to emerging applications, such as injection molding, fiber and raffia, film and sheet, blow molding, and others
Market Research and Market Trends of Europe Polypropylene Ecosystem
- One of the most important feedstock in Europe is propane which is used by approximately 70% of the manufacturers in the propylene market. Propylene itself is used in the manufacturing of polypropylene and is obtained from crude oil. As the crude oil prices are highly inconsistent in nature and are directly linked with polypropylene; it has been creating turbulence in European polypropylene market in terms of production, demand, supply, exports and imports. The manufacturers and suppliers of PP are finding alternate sources such as refineries by products.
- The consumption of polypropylene in UK has always been more than in other European countries, particularly in the injection mouldings application. According to the recent finding Germany and France are set to see an upsurge in the high density polyethylene (HDPE) and low density polyethylene (LDPE) market. Wherein PP is losing share to HDPE in caps and closures and under pressure from recycled HDPE in transit packaging. PP demand is still expected to be on rise which can accounted to the development of new grades of resin by researchers which offer high clarity and fast cycling despite of these pressures.
- SABIC recently launched its new PP pilot plant located at the SABIC’s Global Technology Center for Europe in Geleen. The new facility will serve to develop products with improved balance in stiffness and impact resistance, flow properties and other properties specific to target applications. It will design next-generation PP materials using gas-phase polymerization technology. SABIC plans to focus on the improvement of impact grades of polypropylene, as well as random copolymers and homopolymers. This will also carry out experimentation on advanced catalysts.
- To solve imbalances to its propylene supply it is anticipated that Europe will be enforced additional imports from the nations with oversupply of the product whereas North America and China have been addressing their shortfall in supply of propylene with alternative technologies and raw material. Currently, there are two PDH units in Europe, but all indications are that new PDH and MTO-MTP investments are not viable options. Hence, the only option left for meeting the demand is increasing imports, which will eventually bridge the gap between propylene and polypropylene.
Who are the Major Players in Europe Polypropylene market?
The players profiled in the report include Borealis AG, ExxonMobil Corporation, Ineos Group Limited, LyondellBasell Industries N.V., SABIC (Saudi Arabia Basic Industries Corporation) Arkema S.A., Borealis AG, Braskem S.A, China National Chemical Corporation (ChemChina), Dow Chemical Company, E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (DuPont).
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Europe Polypropylene- Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Europe Polypropylene - Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End User Profiling
3.2.3. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Europe Polypropylene- Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints
4.3. Market Challenges
4.4. Attractiveness of the Europe Polypropylene market
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5. Europe Polypropylene market- Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Europe Polypropylene Market - By Type
6.2.1. Block Copolymer
6.2.2. Random Copolymer
7. Europe Polypropylene Market - By Chemical Structure
8. Europe Polypropylene Market - By Physical Form
9. Europe Polypropylene Market - By Application
9.1.1. Flexible Packaging
9.1.2. Rigid Packaging
9.2. Building & Construction
9.3.1. Battery cases and Trays
9.3.3. Fender liners
9.3.4. Interior trim
9.3.5. Instrument Panels
9.3.6. Door Trims
9.5. Electrical & Electronics
9.7. Consumer Products
9.7.1. Fibers and Fabrics
9.7.3. BOPP Film
10. Europe Polypropylene Market - By Region
11. Market Entropy
11.1. New Product Launches
11.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs, Partnership
12. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
12.1. Borealis AG
12.2. ExxonMobil Corporation
12.3. Ineos Group Limited
12.4. LyondellBasell Industries N.V.
12.5. SABIC (Saudi Arabia Basic Industries Corporation)
12.6. Borealis AG
12.7. Braskem S.A
12.8. China National Chemical Corporation (ChemChina),
12.9. Dow Chemical Company
12.10. E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (DuPont)
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
13.3. Research Methodology
13.5. Compilation of Expert Insights
List of Tables:
Table 1 Polypropylene European Market Revenue, 2014-2020 ($)
Table 2 Polypropylene European Market Volume 2014-2020 (Mt)
Table 3 Europe Polypropylene Demand, By Application, 2014-2020 (Mmt)
Table 4 Europe Polypropylene Revenue By Application, 2014-2020 ($Million)
Table 5 Polypropylene Plants Data With Actual Production, 2014-2020 (Kt)
Table 6 Mfn Duties And Sales Tax Imposed As Part Of Import Tariffs
Table 7 Germany Snapshot
Table 8 Germany Polypropylene Demand, 2014-2020 (Mmt)
Table 9 Germany Polypropylene Market Revenue ($Billion)
Table 10 Germany Polypropylene Demand By Application, 2014-2020 (Mmt)
Table 11 Germany Polypropylene Revenue By Application, 2014-2020 ($Million)
Table 12 Germany Polypropylene Plants Data With Actual Production, 2014-2020 (Kt)
Table 13 France Snapshot
Table 14France Polypropylene Demand, 2014-2020 (Mmt)
Table 15 France Polypropylene Market Revenue, 2014-2020 ($Billion)
Table 16France Polypropylene Demand By Application, 2014-2020 (Mmt)
Table 17 France Polypropylene Revenue By Application, 2014-2020 ($Million)
Table 18 France Polypropylene Plants Data With Actual Production, 2014-2020 (Kt)
Table 19 Poland Snapshot
Table 20 Poland Polypropylene Demand, 2014-2020 (Mmt)
Table 21 Poland Polypropylene Market Revenue ($Billion)
Table 22 Poland Polypropylene Demand By Application, 2014-2020 (Mmt)
Table 23 Poland Polypropylene Revenue By Application, 2014-2020 ($Million)
Table 24 United Kingdom Snapshot
Table 25 United Kingdom Polypropylene Demand, 2014-2020 (Mmt)
Table 26 United Kingdom Polypropylene Market Revenue ($Billion)
Table 27 United Kingdom Polypropylene Demand By Application, 2014-2020 (Mmt)
Table 28 United Kingdom Polypropylene Revenue By Application, 2014-2020 ($Million)
Table 29 Russian Federation Snapshot
Table 30 Russian Federation Polypropylene Demand, 2014-2020 (Mmt)
Table 31 Russian Federation Polypropylene Market Revenue ($Billion)
Table 32 Russian Federation Polypropylene Demand By Application, 2014-2020 (Mmt)
Table 33 Russian Federation Polypropylene Revenue By Application, 2014-2020 ($Million)
Table 34 Russian Federation Polypropylene Plants Data With Actual Production, 2014-2020 (Kt)
Table 35 Lyondellbasell: Business Overview
Table 36 Lyondellbasell: Comparative Analysis Of Business Segmentation
Table 37 Lyondellbasell: Financials
Table 38 Lyondellbasell: Polypropylene Manufacturing Plants Data
Table 39 Exxonmobil Corporation: Business Overview
Table 40 Exxonmobil Corporation: Financials
Table 41 Exxonmobil Corporation: Polypropylene Manufacturing Plants Data
Table 42 Borealis Ag: Business Overview
Table 43 Borealis Ag: Financials
Table 44 Borealis Ag: Revenue By Geography ($Billion)
Table 45 Borealis Ag: Polypropylene Manufacturing Plants Data
List of Figures:
Figure 1 Europe Polypropylene Demand (Million Metric Tons)
Figure 2 Europe Polypropylene Market Revenue ($Billion)
Figure 3 Europe Polypropylene Pricing Analysis
Figure 4 Europe Polypropylene Prices By Application, 2014 ($/Ton)
Figure 5 Europe Export Vs Import Quantities Forecast, 2014-2020 (Mmt)
Figure 6 Europe Export Vs Import Price Forecast, 2014-2020 ($/Ton)
Figure 7 Export Quantities In Million Metric Tons
Figure 8 Import Quantities In Million Metric Tons
Figure 9 Europe Polypropylene Export Prices, 2014 ($/Ton)
Figure 10 Europe Polypropylene Import Prices, 2014 ($/Ton)
Figure 11 Europe Trading Partners, 2014 (%)
Figure 12 Market Share Analysis By Production Capacity
Figure 13 Europe Polypropylene Value Chain Analysis
Figure 14 Europe Polypropylene Chain
Figure 15 Germany Polypropylene Demand, 2014-2020 (Mmt)
Figure 16 Germany Polypropylene Market Revenue ($Billion)
Figure 17 Germany Polypropylene Plants Data With Actual Production, 2014-2020 (Kt)
Figure 18 Germany Trading Partners, 2014 (%)
Figure 19 France Polypropylene Demand, 2014-2020 (Mmt)
Figure 20 France Polypropylene Market Revenue ($Billion)
Figure 21 France Polypropylene Plants Data With Actual Production, 2014-2020 (Kt)
Figure 22 France Trading Partners, 2014 (%)
Figure 23 Poland Polypropylene Demand, 2014-2020 (Mmt)
Figure 24 Poland Polypropylene Market Revenue ($Billion)
Figure 25 Poland Trading Partners, 2014 (%)
Figure 26 United Kingdom Polypropylene Demand, 2014-2020 (Mmt)
Figure 27 United Kingdom Polypropylene Market Revenue ($Billion)
Figure 28 United Kingdom Trading Partners, 2014 (%)
Figure 29 Russian Federation Polypropylene Demand, 2014-2020 (Mmt)
Figure 30 Russian Federation Polypropylene Market Revenue ($Billion)
Figure 31 Russian Federation Polypropylene Plants Data With Actual Production, 2014-2020 (Kt)
Figure 32 Russian Federation Trading Partners, 2014 (%)
Figure 33 Lyondellbasell: Revenue For Business Segments, (%)
Figure 34 Lyondellbasell: Annual Capacity, 2014, (%)
Figure 35 Lyondellbasell: Swot Analysis
Figure 36 Exxonmobil Corporation: Business Segment Revenue, 2014, (%)
Figure 37 Exxonmobil Corporation: Revenue By Geography, 2014 (%)
Figure 38 Exxonmobil Corporation: Manufacturing Plants
Figure 39 Exxonmobil Corporation: Swot Analysis
Figure 40 Borealis Ag: Revenue For Business Segments, 2014 (%)
Figure 41 Borealis Ag: Swot Analysis