The Global Urban Farming Market revenue is $210 billion by 2017 and forecasted to grow at a CAGR of more than 1.99% during 2018 to 2023 to reach $236.4 billion. Community gardening holds maximum revenue of $136.1 billion in 2017. Home gardens generated revenue worth $29.61 billion which is expected to rise in the forecast period. By Non-Food Crop type, Medicinal Herb records $11.5 billion in 2017. By Geography, France Urban Farming Market revenue is $6.88 billion in 2017.
What is Urban Farming Market?
Urban farming is an indoor and outdoor plant cultivation for serving local inhabitants by processing them and distributing food in and around cities. Rising urbanization around the world results in relevant demand for urban gardening. Urban farming is gaining importance owing to lower transportation cost and supply of fresh nutritious products at competitive prices. Urban Agriculture produces 20% of the world’s food keeping engaged everyone in urban farming globally. Health and nutrition, food security and transparency, education, urban sustainability and the growing demand for local food are the key factors raising the popularity of urban agriculture.
This report incorporates an in-depth assessment of Urban Farming Market by Farm Type, Growing Medium, Structure, Hardware Components, Crop Type and Geography.
Market Research and Market Trends of Urban Farming Market
- Urban garden plots can be 15 times more productive than rural holdings according to UNFAO. 1 square meter area can provide potentially 20 kg of food per year. Moreover urban farming is seen as a possible solution for the effects of climate change by providing green infrastructure option and consequently it can play an important role in global food security. The cities are continuously incorporating in their plans and this trend is expected to be dominant in the polluted metros across the globe. Accor Hotels, one of the world's biggest hotel chains, announced its commitment to create vegetable gardens in most of its 3.900 hotels recently.
- The Sasaki is an American design firm which is looking to re-invent the way that 24 million people in city of Shanghai China to take food. The company has crafted its master plan for a 250-acre urban agricultural district Sunqiao in Shanghai to grow food in a more sustainable way. This project involves to produce spinach, kale, Bok choi and watercress under LED lights and nutrient-rich water. This aspect indulges in more investments in the enterprises to remain competitive and more such innovative projects are expected to launch in future.
Who are the Major Players in Urban Farming market?
The companies referred to in the market research report includes Gotham Greens, Brooklyn Grange Farm, UrbanFarmers AG, BrightFarms, GrowUP Urban Farms, Garden Fresh Farms, SproutsIO, Edenworks Inc., Pasona O2, Sky Green and more than 20 companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 20111-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.