Antibody Drug Conjugate Market Overview
Antibody Drug Conjugate Market size is estimated to reach $10.32 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 14.7% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Antibody-Drug Conjugate indicates monoclonal antibodies conjugated to cytotoxic agents. It utilizes antibodies that are particular to tumor cell-surface proteins and therefore, possess tumor particularity and efficacy unattainable with conventional medications. Antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) refers to a biopharmaceutical product where monoclonal antibodies are connected to biologically effective medications (tiny molecules) shaping a conjugate. Antibody-drug conjugates or ADCs are a class of biopharmaceutical medications planned as a targeted therapy for healing cancer. Dissimilar to chemotherapy, ADCs are aimed to target and destroy tumor cells while sparing healthy cells.
The expanding population of the elderly is set to drive the Antibody Drug Conjugate Market. The increase in the population of the obese and the surging application of antibody-drug conjugate involving monoclonal antibodies are set to propel the growth of the Antibody Drug Conjugate Market during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the Antibody Drug Conjugate Industry Outlook.
The report: “Antibody Drug Conjugate Market Forecast (2022-2027)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Antibody Drug Conjugate Market.
Type: Adcetris, Kadcyla, Others.
By Application: Blood Cancer, Breast Cancer, Ovary Cancer, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Brain Tumor, Others.
By Geography: North America (the U.S, Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Rest of South America), and Rest Of The World (Middle East, Africa).
- Geographically, North America Antibody Drug Conjugate Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the increasing predominance of cancer resulting in heightened awareness of cancer and the upsurge in the application of antibody-drug conjugate involving monoclonal antibodies amidst the population in the North American region.
- Antibody Drug Conjugate Market growth is being driven by the rising pervasiveness of cancer, the surging application of antibody-drug conjugate involving monoclonal antibodies, and the surging R&D activities for the evolution of new therapeutics. However, the binding government regulations, the soaring cost of procedures, and the dearth of funds are some of the major factors hampering the growth of the Antibody Drug Conjugate Market.
- Antibody Drug Conjugate Market Detailed Analysis on the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Antibody Drug Conjugate Market report
Antibody Drug Conjugate Market: Market Share (%) by Region, 2021
Antibody Drug Conjugate Market Segment Analysis – By Product Type:
The Antibody Drug Conjugate Market based on product type can be further segmented into Adcetris, Kadcyla, and Others. The Kadcyla Segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the increasing application of KADCYLA as targeted therapy and prescription medication utilized as an adjuvant (consequent to surgery) treatment for HER2-positive early breast cancer when the patient has taken neoadjuvant (prior to surgery) treatment inclusive of a taxane and trastuzumab (Herceptin ®) and there is cancer remaining in the tissue eliminated at the time of surgery. The enhanced survival rate in HER2-positive patients is further propelling the growth of the Kadcyla segment.
Furthermore, the Adcetris segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 15.4% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the soaring application of Adcetris for newly diagnosed mature grown-ups with Stage 3 or 4 classical Hodgkin lymphoma as targeted therapy.
Antibody Drug Conjugate Market Segment Analysis – By Application:
The Antibody Drug Conjugate Market based on the application can be further segmented into Blood Cancer, Breast Cancer, Ovary Cancer, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Brain Tumor, and Others. The Breast Cancer Segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the increasing predominance of breast cancer worldwide. In the beginning, HER2-positive breast cancer was connected with a high rate of reoccurrence and reduced rate of survival. With the accessibility of trastuzumab and other particular HER2 antigen-targeted therapy, there have been enhanced results for this kind of cancer treatment. The surging R&D for breast cancer treatment and enhanced survival rate is further propelling the growth of this segment.
Furthermore, the Blood Cancer segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 15.9% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the raised pervasiveness of blood cancer and endorsement of antibody-drug conjugate medications and investigations through clinical trials in the treatment of blood cancer probably as targeted therapy.
Antibody Drug Conjugate Market Segment Analysis – By Geography:
The Antibody Drug Conjugate Market based on geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Rest of the World. North America (Antibody Drug Conjugate Market) held the largest share with 37% of the overall market in 2021. The growth of this region is owing to the extensive augmentation of ingenious technologies in U.S., Canada, and Mexico in the region. The soaring progress of clinical information and surging application of antibody-drug conjugates as a targeted therapy for cancer is further driving the growth of the Antibody Drug Conjugate Market in this region. The increasing predominance of breast cancer and the existence of superior healthcare infrastructure is further propelling the growth of the Antibody Drug Conjugate Market in the North American region.
Furthermore, the Asia-Pacific region is estimated to be the region with the fastest CAGR rate over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to factors like the sudden outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic in the Wuhan province in China and further neighboring countries in the Asia-Pacific region. The enormous population and the emergence of distinct kinds of cancers requiring the application of targeted therapy are further fuelling the progress of the Antibody Drug Conjugate Market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Antibody Drug Conjugate Market Drivers
Applications Of Monoclonal Antibodies Are Projected To Drive The Growth Of Antibody
Drug Conjugate Market:
Monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) or monospecific antibodies are a class of antibodies secluded in the laboratory from a single clone of rare parent cells or a cell line. They include antibody molecules that are alike. Monoclonal antibodies have complicated secondary and tertiary structures. These structures are exposed to post-translational alteration like protein glycosylation, a procedure that involves the inclusion of a carbohydrate moiety to a protein molecule. This procedure assists in the proper folding of proteins, stability, and in cell to cell adhesion typically required by cells of the immune system. One of the benefits of monoclonal antibodies is that they are so particular that, unlike chemotherapy, mAb-based treatment may only have mild side effects. A number of mAbs have been demonstrated to be more useful against cancer and, over the last two decades, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has endorsed around a dozen mAbs to treat some cancers. The surging applications of monoclonal antibodies are therefore fuelling the growth of the Antibody Drug Conjugate Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Antibody-Based Immunotherapies For Cancer Immunotherapy Treatment Are Expected
To Boost The Demand Of Antibody Drug Conjugate Market:
Antibody-drug conjugates or ADCs are a class of biopharmaceutical medications planned as a targeted therapy for treating cancer. Targeted antibodies are a kind of cancer immunotherapy treatment that can disorganize cancer cell activity and notify the immune system to aim and remove cancer cells. Currently, technological progress has allowed the establishment of novel antibody-based immunotherapies. One technique is antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) in which a targeted antibody is outfitted with anti-cancer medications so that when the antibody aims and fastens to cancer cells, it also transfers a toxic medication that can destroy the cancer cells. By transferring these chemotherapeutic medications directly to tumors, it can possibly minimize the side effects related to the indiscriminate deployment of these toxic constituents. Another novel kind of antibody-based immunotherapy that has been developed is bispecific antibodies. These are prepared by taking the targeting front end regions of two distinct antibodies and integrating them to build a product that can fasten to two distinct targets. Certain bispecific antibodies termed bispecific T cell engagers, or BiTEs, aim at both cancer cells and immune cells termed T cells. These BiTEs perform to bring T cells into close proximity and allow them to remove cancer cells. Owing to their capability to aim immune cells directly, these BiTEs are regarded as “active” immunotherapies. The earliest bispecific antibody a BiTE termed blinatumomab (Blincyto® was endorsed by the FDA in 2014 for subsets of patients with leukemia. Additional bispecific antibodies have been established to aim for distinct cancer antigens. The emergence of novel antibody-based immunotherapies for cancer immunotherapy treatment is driving the growth of the Antibody Drug Conjugate Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Antibody Drug Conjugate Market Challenges
Conjugate Aggregation Is Hampering The Growth Of The Antibody Drug Conjugate
Antibody Drug Conjugates are susceptible to aggregation. Antibody-Drug Conjugate aggregation is an impediment in the beginning phases in the establishment of an Antibody-Drug Conjugate. It brings about structural alteration which can block its fastening capability to the antigen. Apart from this, deterioration by aggregation demonstrates a principal challenge in terms of satisfying the guidelines for stability testing to acquire eligibility for registration of prescription medicine. Guidelines have been offered for this by the regulatory agencies like the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), European Medicines Agency (EMA), and U.S. Food And Drug Administration (FDA). This issue is thus hampering the growth of the Antibody Drug Conjugate Market.
Antibody Drug Conjugate Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Antibody Drug Conjugate Market. Key companies of this market are:
- Seagen Inc.
- ImmunoGen Inc.
- Mersana Therapeutics
- Pfizer Inc.
- F Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Sorrento Therapeutics
- AbbVie Inc.
- Celldex Therapeutics
- Seattle Genetics
- Concortis Biotherapeutics
- In April 2021, Pfizer Inc. declared that it has gained Amplyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a privately-held firm committed to the establishment of therapies for draining and life-threatening ailments that influence people with jeopardized immune systems. Amplyx’s lead compound, Fosmanogepix (APX001), is a new investigational asset under development for the treatment of invasive fungal contaminations. Over 1.5 million cases of invasive fungal contaminations happen globally every year, with mortality rates as huge as 30-80% across contamination kinds.
- In March 2021, Roche declared the introduction of cobas pure integrated solutions in nations accepting the CE mark. This novel compact analyzer integrates three technologies on a single platform assisting to make everyday operations effortless in laboratories with reduced space and resources. Presently more than ever, diagnostic laboratories have proven to be a crucial constituent of the healthcare system worldwide.
- In January 2021, Roche declared the CE-IVD introduction of its automatized digital pathology algorithms, uPath HER2 (4B5) image analysis, and uPath Dual ISH image analysis for breast cancer to assist in deciding the most excellent treatment strategy for every patient. The image analysis algorithms utilize artificial intelligence to back pathologists in making quicker, more precise patient diagnoses in breast cancer. A mutation in the HER2 gene, which happens in as many as 20 percent of the 2.1 million cases of breast cancer diagnosed worldwide every year, is accountable for intrusive development in certain patients.
Report Code: HCR 1360
Report Code: HCR 0446