Antidiabetics Market - Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Application Analysis, Growth And Forecast 2022 - 2027
Antidiabetics Market Overview
Antidiabetics Market size is estimated to reach $136 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 9.8% during the forecast period 2022-2027. The anti-diabetics market involves drugs, which are utilized for the treatment of diabetes mellitus and are also termed oral hypoglycemic/antihyperglycemic agents. The anti-diabetics market has developed enormously in current years with the increasing pervasiveness of diabetes mellitus. The gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) or gastro inhibitory peptide, also termed the glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide, is an inhibiting hormone of the secretin family of hormones. While it is not a strong inhibitor of gastric acid secretion, its principal role is to encourage insulin secretion. Alpha-glucosidase inhibitor (AGI) is an oral anti-diabetic medication utilized for diabetes mellitus type 2 that performs by averting the digestion of carbohydrates (like starch and table sugar). Oral antihyperglycemic therapy for type 2 diabetes mellitus has been extensively investigated. It is vital to mention that the orally administered antihyperglycemic agents (OHAs) utilized in the treatment of diabetes have also been reviewed in the context of prevention. Glycated Hemoglobin Test is a test that is occasionally utilized to diagnose diabetes mellitus but is more typically utilized to observe how the blood sugar levels have been in patients already diagnosed with diabetes. The glycated hemoglobin test is based on the quantity of sugar (glucose) tied to the hemoglobin within the red blood cells.
The development of erratic dietary habits and obesity are set to drive the Antidiabetics Market. The accelerated comeback of DPP-4 inhibitors like Januvia, Nesina, and Onglyza owing to their once-every-day dosage procedures and safety profiles and the application of alpha-glucosidase inhibitor is set to propel the growth of the Antidiabetics Market during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the Antidiabetics Industry Outlook.
The report: “Antidiabetics Market Forecast (2022-2027)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Antidiabetics Market.
By Product Type: Insulin, Biguanides, Thiazolidinediones, GLP-Agonists, Sulphonylureas, DPP-4 Inhibitors, SGLT-2, Alpha-Glucosidase Inhibitors, Meglitinides.
By Application: Type I Diabetes, Type II Diabetes.
By Geography: North America (the U.S, Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Rest of South America), and Rest Of The World (Middle East, Africa).
- Geographically, North America Antidiabetics Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the great market infiltration of insulin and additional anti-diabetic medications like alpha-glucosidase inhibitors in the North American region.
- Antidiabetics Market growth is being driven by the increasing predominance of diabetes worldwide which may involve the application of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors and the growing count of programs commenced by different health organizations associated with health awareness pertaining to diabetes. However, the side-effects of anti-diabetic drugs like continued application of sulphonylureas on patients are inclined to bring about hypoglycemia and gentle weight gain and this is one of the major factors hampering the growth of the Antidiabetics Market.
- Antidiabetics Market Detailed Analysis on the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Antidiabetics Market report.
Antidiabetics Market: Market Share (%) by Region, 2021
Antidiabetics Market Segment Analysis – By Product Type:
The Antidiabetics Market based on product type can be further segmented into Insulin, Biguanides, Thiazolidinediones, GLP-Agonists, Sulphonylureas, DPP-4 Inhibitors, SGLT-2, Alpha-Glucosidase Inhibitors, and Meglitinides. The Insulin Segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the soaring application of insulin in conjunction with efficient therapeutic characteristics related to the product. The alpha-glucosidase inhibitor is utilized to treat Type II Diabetes. The introduction of novel products in conjunction with the forthcoming commercialization of products presently in the pipeline is further propelling the growth of the Insulin segment.
Furthermore, the Biguanides segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 10.4% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the advantages of Biguanides like minimization of the risk of heart disease in addition to reduced blood sugar apart from Alpha-glucosidase inhibitor being utilized to treat Type II Diabetes.
Antidiabetics Market Segment Analysis – By Application:
The Antidiabetics Market based on the application can be further segmented into Type I Diabetes and Type II Diabetes. The Type II Diabetes Segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the soaring count of diabetic patients with Type II Diabetes worldwide. The alpha-glucosidase inhibitor is used to treat Type II Diabetes. People above the age of 45 are at greater risk of Type II Diabetes. The increasing predominance of obesity and family history with diabetes are further propelling the growth of this segment.
Furthermore, the Type II Diabetes segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 10.5% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the predominant sedentary lifestyle in contemporary times requiring the application of Alpha-glucosidase inhibitor with other probable risk factors being prediabetes, gestational diabetes, and Polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Antidiabetics Market Segment Analysis – By Geography:
The Antidiabetics Market based on geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Rest of the World. North America (Antidiabetics Market) held the largest share with 36% of the overall market in 2021. The growth of this region is owing to the great progressive healthcare infrastructure in the region. The surging application of Alpha-Glucosidase Inhibitor to treat Type 2 Diabetes is further driving the growth of the Antidiabetics market in this region. The increasing count of pediatric diabetes patients in conjunction with the surging requirement for management of diabetes amidst COVID-19 patients is further propelling the growth of the Antidiabetics market in the North American region.
Antidiabetics Market Drivers
Applications Of Alpha-Glucosidase Inhibitor Are Projected To Drive The Growth Of Antidiabetics Market:
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitor (AGI) is a class of medications that are utilized in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, just by itself or integrated with additional antidiabetic medications. They may also be utilized in patients with damaged glucose tolerance and defer the happening of type 2 diabetes mellitus in these patients. They are specifically convenient for patients who are at risk of hypoglycemia or lactic acidosis. The U.S. Food And Drug Administration (FDA) endorses AGIs for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. They have demonstrated certain advantages in type 1 diabetes mellitus and gestational diabetes mellitus but are not FDA-endorsed for these indications. AGIs are specifically convenient for minimizing postprandial hyperglycemia. They reasonably reduce glycosylated hemoglobin levels and also minimize postprandial insulin concentration. The surging applications of Alpha-Glucosidase Inhibitor are therefore fuelling the growth of the Antidiabetics Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Predominance Of Diabetes Is Expected To Boost The Demand Of Antidiabetics
As per World Health Organization (WHO), the count of people with diabetes increased from 108 million in 1980 to 422 million in 2014, and in 2019, diabetes was the ninth chief cause of demise with an approximate 1.5 million demises directly brought about by diabetes. Further WHO updates indicate that Type 2 diabetes (previously termed non-insulin-dependent, or adult-onset) is brought about by the inefficient application of the body of insulin, and over 95% of people with diabetes have type 2 diabetes. This kind of diabetes is mostly brought about by excessive body weight and physical inaction. Antidiabetics prescribed for Type 2 diabetes include Metformin, Sulphonylureas, Glitazones, Glinides, and Alpha-Glucosidase Inhibitor. The increasing pervasiveness of diabetes is thus driving the growth of the Antidiabetics Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Antidiabetics Market Challenges
Application Of Antidiabetic Herbs And Pharmaceutical Medications Is Hampering
The Growth Of The Antidiabetics Market:
The worldwide application of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) for the handling of ailments like diabetes has quickly heightened over the last ten years. Research indicates that the majority of people who utilize CAM therapies do so in conjunction with, instead of, traditional medication. A massive count of medicinal plants is thought to have anti-diabetic characteristics and have been used to handle diabetes. However, the simultaneous application of antidiabetic herbs and pharmaceutical medications has increased safety concerns. Unlike pharmaceutical medications, where the constituents are well defined and featured, herbal medication includes numerous bioactive constituents for which there is a dearth of comprehension of how these constituents communicate with each other and with pharmaceutical medications when taken in integration. This issue is hampering the growth of the Antidiabetics Market.
Antidiabetics Market - Landscape:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Antidiabetics Market. Key companies of this market are:
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Sanofi S.A.
- Merck & Co. Inc
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- AstraZeneca PLC
- Johnson & Johnson
- Merck KGaA
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- In June 2021, Sanofi introduced a €3 million Planet Mobilization fund to back employee ideas and projects that will further add to a healthier atmosphere. This year, three Sanofi teams will have their projects financed. For numerous years, Sanofi has been establishing an environmental roadmap worldwide, Planet Mobilization, which is entrenched in Sanofi’s long-term strategy.
- In May 2021, it was reported that Novo Nordisk was to introduce GLP-1 injectable diabetes medication in tablet form by February. Oral medication is being viewed as a progressive technology that could alter the approach and adoption of the medication for patients in India, which presently has the problematic distinction of being the diabetes capital of the world. It is publicized as an oral medication that pledges to not just support diabetes patients handling the disease but also perhaps provide additional advantages like weight minimization and minimized cardiac hazard.
- In February 2020, Novo Nordisk declared that ESPEROCT® [antihemophilic factor (recombinant), glycopegylated-exei] is currently accessible in the U.S. for the treatment of adults and children with hemophilia A. ESPEROCT® is a recombinant extended half-life factor VIII replacement therapy utilized to avert or minimize the count of bleeding episodes, to treat and curb bleeding, and to handle bleeding at the time of surgery in people with hemophilia A. When utilized by mature grown-ups every four days, ESPEROCT® can support minimization of the frequency of bleeding with fewer frequent dosing.
Report Code: HCR 0574
Report Code: HCR 89201