The global electrical and electronic ceramics industry is expected to grow at compound annual growth rate of 5% during the forecast period i.e. 2018 to 2023. The major restraint to electronic ceramics is its higher cost compared to other materials like metals and alloys. There is increased use of electrical and electronic ceramics in the medical industry. In 2015 electronic devices were the largest application segment. Ceramics have quite a lot of applications in the electronic industry for functions like insulation, super conduction, and semi-conduction, magnetic and piezoelectric applications. These processes are immensely important for the production of products like phones, television, computers and other electronic items. The demand for ceramics diesel particulate filter is estimated to grow due to the usage of materials which cause severe environmental pollution. China is advancing in the ceramics industry market due to the Chinese government’s economic development initiative, investment policy, growing population and government policies to promote industrial growth.
What are electrical and electronic ceramics?
Electroceramics is a class of ceramic materials that are primarily used for their electrical properties. Technical Ceramics have generally been used in the industries for their mechanical, thermal and chemical stability, their electrical, optical and magnetic properties are very important in many key technological areas like communications industry, energy conversion and storage, electronic and automation industry etc. Technical Ceramics have quite a lot of properties like mechanical stability, thermal and chemical stability and they also have electrical and magnetic properties due to which they have applications in the telecommunications industry, energy conversion and storage industry, electronic and automation industry, etc. These materials are further classified under electroceramics which are different from other functional ceramics such as advanced ceramics. Developments of different categories of ceramics have grown collaterally with other new technologies like high dielectric capacitors, non-volatile memories, ferrite-data, solid electrolytes etc.
Market Research and Market Trends of Electrical and Electronic Ceramics:
- Ceramics has various properties like low thermal expansion, hardiness, ability to withstand high temperature and pressure and other properties have increased its popularity in the end-use of electrical and electronic, power and automotive industry which in turn is expected to have a positive impact on the industry in the next forecast period.
- Technical ceramics is expected to replace traditional materials like some metals over the next eight years due to their superior functional characteristics. Technical ceramics exhibit greater corrosive resistance as opposed to other products like aluminum and steel and hence are widely employed in the medical and automotive industry.
- Bio ceramics is another branch of technical ceramics where ceramics is used in organ implants like hip-joints. The advancement in medical technology and increasing population will increase the demand for medical implants. The advancement in medical technology is set to increase the demand for technical ceramics in the medical industry.
- Technical ceramics is set to reinforce the electronic industry because the average aircraft is packed with electronics. Aircraft industry is a major area for the growth of technical ceramics and it will boost the growth of technical ceramics in the electrical industry.
Who are the Major Players in the Electrical and Electronic Ceramics Market?
The major players in the Electronic and Electrical ceramics market are Saint Gobain, La defense Cedex, Corning Inc. Corning NY, Asahi Glass Co., Ltd, Tokyo, Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd, Kyoto Japan Morimura Group, Tokyo, Japan Morimura Group, Tokyo, Japan, and other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics Market - Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics Market – By Material Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
8.3.1. Silicate Ceramics
220.127.116.11. Aluminum Oxide
18.104.22.168. Aluminum Silicate
8.3.2. Oxide Ceramics
22.214.171.124. Aluminum Oxide
126.96.36.199. Zirconium Oxide
188.8.131.52. Aluminum Titanate
184.108.40.206. Dispersion Ceramics
8.3.3. Non Oxide Ceramics
220.127.116.11. Silicon Carbide
18.104.22.168. Silicon Nitride
22.214.171.124. Aluminum Nitride
8.3.4. Piezo Ceramics
9. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics Market – By Application (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1. Semiconductor Components
9.2. Pump Components
9.3. Electrical Insulation
9.6. Car Brakes
9.7. Car Clutches
9.8. Gas Turbines
10. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics Market – Type of Category 2 (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1. Dry and Semi Dry Pressing Technology
10.2. Extruding Technology
11. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics Market – Type of Category 2 (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.1. Fuse Casing
11.2. Insulating Beads
11.3. Ceramic Holders
11.5. Bracing Pillars
11.6. Terminal Boards
11.7. Resistance Wire Holder
11.8. Heating Elements
11.10. Pipes and Rods
11.11. Welding Rings
11.12. Welding Strips
12. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics – By End User(Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.1. Segment type Size and Market Share Analysis
12.2. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
13. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
13.1. Electronics Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics Market - North America Segment Research
13.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
13.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
13.2.2. Revenue and Trends
13.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
13.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
13.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Rest of North America
13.3. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics - South America Segment Research
13.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
13.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
13.4.2. Revenue and Trends
13.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
13.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
13.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. Costa Rica
184.108.40.206. Rest of South America
13.5. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics - Europe Segment Research
13.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
13.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
13.6.2. Revenue and Trends
13.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
13.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
13.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. Rest of Europe
13.7. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics – APAC Segment Research
13.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
13.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
13.8.2. Revenue and Trends
13.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
13.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
13.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. South Korea
14. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics Market - Entropy
14.1. New product launches
14.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
15. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
15.1. Market Share Analysis
15.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
15.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
15.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
15.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
15.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
15.1.6. Best Practises for companies
16. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
17. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics Market Company Analysis
17.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
17.2. La defense Cedex
17.3. Corning Inc.
17.4. Asahi Glass Co. Ltd
17.5. Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd
17.6. Morimura Group
17.7. Saint Gobain
17.8. Company 7
17.9. Company 8
17.10. Company 9
17.11. Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
18. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics Market - Appendix
19. Electronic Ceramics & Electrical Ceramics Market - Methodology
19.1. Research Methodology
19.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
19.1.2. Industry Databases
19.1.4. Company News
19.1.5. Company Annual Reports
19.1.6. Application Trends
19.1.7. New Products and Product database
19.1.8. Company Transcripts
19.1.9. R&D Trends
19.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
19.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends