Barley Market Overview
Barley Market size is forecast to reach $ 23.67 Billion by 2025, growing at CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Barley (Hordeum vulgare) is a versatile cereal grain crop of the family member of grass, cultivated in temperate climates globally. It is primarily grown in countries, such as Russia, France, Germany, Ukraine, Australia, and others, and is among the most important crops by the farmers in these regions. It contains a high amount of maltose or malt sugar. The rise in its demand is especially owing to its application in both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages is a major driving factor of the global market. Growing health awareness, a rise in cardiovascular diseases, and its increasing use as an ingredient in food products are the other driving factors of the market.
Barley Market Report Coverage
The report: “Barley Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Barley Market.
By Type: Covered Barley, Hulled Barley, Hulless Barley, Barley Grits, Barley Flour, Pearl Barley and Quick Pearl Barley
By Grade: Feed Grade, Malt Grade, Food Grade.
By Application: Food and Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Seed industry and Nutraceuticals.
By Geography: North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Rest of World.
- Geographically, North America is leading the global barley market owing to the high consumption of beer and whiskey and presences of high disposable income in 2019. This region is also set to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- The demand for Barley has been witnessing a rise since the past couple of decades owing to an increase in demand from the global alcoholic beverages and animal feed industry.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Barley Market report.
- The Beer industry is the major consumer of the barley market, resulting in its mass cultivation. This has pushed the barley market for the last year. Besides, barley has been extensively used in several food items which are set to increase the growth for the forecast period (2020-2025).
By Grade Type- Segment Analysis
Based on Grade Type, Barley Market is segmented into feed grade, malt grade, and food grade. Malt grade is poised to dominate in the global barley market owing to the excellent extraction feature, rich enzyme content, and low moisture grade. It is one of the most important ingredients in beers. It is used in different types of extracts and syrups that impart sweetness and flavor to other prepared food products and is used as an ingredient in bread starters. Malted barley is considered one of the good sources of protein, manganese, dietary fiber, and selenium. Increasing demand for malt-based beverages, mostly from developing regions, is poised to continue shortly, and is set to drive the demand in the global barley market during the forecast period 2020-2025. On the other hand, the market value of feed grade and food grade is likely to take a backseat owing to the decline in consumption of over recent years.
By Application Type- Segment Analysis
Based on Application, Barley Market is segmented into Food & Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Seed Industry, and Nutraceuticals. Among the application type, Food & Beverage segment is set to lead the market and grow at CAGR of 3.71% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Barley offers versatile and functional properties and is available in various forms. Barley is extensively used for feed products across the globe. Manufacturers are launching products to add value to feeds. Barley is rich in beta-glucan and offers various health benefits. For instance, it helps in controlling glucose absorption, reducing cholesterol, etc. Increasing consumption of barley for its nutritional content and health benefits is a factor supporting the growth of this segment in the barley market.
By Geography - Segment Analysis
Based on Geography, Barley Market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World. In 2019, North America dominated the market with share of 37.8% of overall market. This is owing to majority of alcohol consumption in U.S. Increasing demand for barley products in the U.S. and Canada is a factor supporting the growth of the target market in North America. Asia Pacific is set to register highest CAGR owing to lucrative growth in terms of revenue shortly, followed by the Middle East & Africa and Latin America. Increasing import for barley in countries in this region and increasing adoption of barley-based food products are factors set to fuel the growth of the barley market in the Asia Pacific, especially backed by China, South Korea, India, and Australia, is showing quicker growth and is poised to lead the barley market over the forecast period 2020-2025.
Drivers – Barley Market
- Rise in Demand for Barley Malt
The continuous rise in demand Malt for the manufacture of alcoholic beverages plays a vital role in the growth of the global barley market. The market is also poised to experience huge demands from whiskey distilleries, the beer industry, beverages, food industry, and pharmaceutical industry for the forecast period 2020- 2025 and contribute to the growth of the global barley market. In addition to that, Barley has low cholesterol and low-fat content. Increasing use of barley for making barley malt and non-alcoholic beverages are factors propelling the growth of the target market.
Challenges – Barley Market
- Health Issues
The consumption of barley causes an allergic reaction to some individuals. Barley spouts can have adverse health effects in case of high consumption during the times of pregnancy. In addition to this, other negative factors at play that are set to decline the global barley market growth include declining soil fertility, pest and disease infestation, and drastic changes in the climate.
Barley Market Industry outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Barley Market. Key companies of this market are Axereal, Cargill, Crisp Malting, Malteurop, Ireks and Muntons. Some of the other prominent players include GrainCorp, Global Malt, Maltexco, Briess Malt & Ingredients, Rahr Malting, and Soufflet.
- In May 2016, BASF launched fungicide Sistiva for seed treatment on wheat and barley in Argentina. Sistiva provided around 45 days of control for post-emergent diseases of crops and allow farmers more flexibility for the foliar application.
- In April 2015, Dow Agrosciences introduced a cereal grain product called Paradigm Arylex, which is an active herbicide. This new product has been developed to be used in wheat, barley, triticale, and oats to regulate and control the growth of brassica weeds, deadnettle, Mexican poppy and fumitory and a wide variety of other broadleaf weeds
- In May 2015, Canadian Bio-Systems Inc. (CBS Inc.) launched Superzyme feed enzyme series to deliver high nutritional values in a wide range of animal feeds, including corn, soybean meal, wheat, barley, oats, canola meal, etc. Superzyme feed enzyme adds value to feeds and reduces potential waste
1. Barley Market - Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Barley Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Product Type
2.3 Key trends by Mode of Ventilation
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Barley Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Barley Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Barley Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Barley Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Barley Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Barley Market – By Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Covered Barley
8.2 Hulled Barley
8.3 Hulless Barley
8.4 Barley Grits
8.5 Barley Flour
8.6 Pearl Barley
8.7 Quick Pearl Barley
9. Barley Market – By Grade (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Feed Grade
9.2 Malt Grade
9.3 Food Grade
10. Barley Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Food & Beverages
10.3 Seed Industry
11. Barley Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 North America
11.2.6 Rest of Europe
11.3.4 South Korea
11.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
11.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
11.4 Rest of the World
11.4.1 Middle East
11.4.3 South America
12. Barley Market - Entropy
13. Barley Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
13.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
13.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
14. Barley Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
15. Barley Market Company Analysis
15.1 Company 1
15.2 Company 2
15.3 Company 3
15.4 Company 4
15.5 Company 5
15.6 Company 6
15.7 Company 7
15.8 Company 8
15.9 Company 9
15.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.