qPCR Reagents Market Overview
qPCR Reagents Market size is forecast to reach $2.67 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 8.13% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Quantitative PCR, or real-time PCR, (qPCR) and reverse transcription PCR (RT-PCR) use the linearity of DNA amplification to determine absolute or relative quantities of a known sequence in a sample. By using a fluorescent reporter in the reaction, it is possible to measure DNA generation in the qPCR assay. Selecting the appropriate real-time qPCR reagents for an assay depends on several factors including the chemistry used for amplification detection and the real-time instrument platform used. Examples of commonly used qPCR reagents are DNA binding dyes, TaqMan probes, DNA polymerases, and ROX reference dye. Growing rate of infectious diseases and genetic disorders, especially among the geriatric population, increasing amounts of investments and funding’s in the life sciences sector, growing number of grants for PCR-based research, and the successful completion of the human genome project are driving the market growth in recent years. In addition, major market development of key players like Roche is additional factors driving the growth of the market.
The report: “qPCR Reagents Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the qPCR Reagents Market.
By Detection Method: Dye-based Reagents, and Probe & Primer-based Reagents
By Packaging Method: qPCR Core Kits, and qPCR Mastermixes
By Application: Diagnostic, Research, and Forensic
By End User: Hospitals and Diagnostic Centers, Research Laboratories and Academic Institutes, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies, Clinical Research Organizations, and Forensic Laboratories
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
- North America dominated the qPCR Reagents Market in the year 2019 owing to innovation of qPCR technologies among key market players and presence of key market players in the region. The qPCR Reagents Market scope for different regions will be provided in the final report.
- Growing rate of infectious diseases and genetic disorders, especially among the geriatric population, increasing amounts of investments and funding’s in the life sciences sector, growing number of grants for PCR-based research, and the successful completion of the human genome project is estimated to drive the industry growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the qPCR Reagents Market report.
- Technical limitations associated with qPCR is anticipated to hamper the market growth of the qPCR Reagents Industry.
Packaging Method - Segment Analysis
qPCR Core Kits held the largest share in the packaging method segment of qPCR Reagents Market in 2019, and are estimated to grow at a CAGR of 8.57% during the forecast period 2020-2025. The growth of this segment is primarily driven by the low prices of core kits compared to other types, flexibility offered to end users and research protocols and rising number of private-public funding for life science research. qPCR core kits is set to be the fastest growing segment and is estimated to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to increased investment uptakes in the segment by key market players.
End User - Segment Analysis
Hospitals and diagnostic centers held the major share in the end user segment of qPCR Reagents Market in 2019. Growing trends of strengthening healthcare infrastructure for efficient disease diagnosis & treatment, increasing number of qPCR reagents launched for diagnostic applications, and benefits offered by qPCR in disease diagnosis. This has led to considerable increase in market growth of the segment in recent years. Hospitals and Diagnostics is forecast to grow at the fastest rate with the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to growing facilities provided by them and increasing financial power and purchasing capability of the hospitals.
Geography - Segment Analysis
North America dominated the geography segment of qPCR Reagents Market in 2019 with a share of more than 41.54% in 2019, followed by Europe. Growing innovation of qPCR technologies among key market players, increasing public and private funding to expand the application base of qPCR and presence of key market players in the region in the last decade is helping in the growth of the market. There is a greater efficacy with respect to toxicity screening of drugs, which is boosting revenues of this segment, along with the rising incidence of chronic diseases among the geriatric population. Europe held the second place in the geography segment share of the market. In Europe, rise in the demand for qPCR Reagents owing to increased awareness about its benefits and the qPCR market expansion in the region through launch of new market players have helped the market.
However, Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the fastest rate at a higher CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to increasing health related research activities in developing countries such as India, growing demands for better and easier medical sampling in healthcare and increasing research and development trends of new generation therapies.
Drivers – qPCR Reagents Market
- Growing rate of infectious diseases and genetic disorders
Increasing incidences and genetic disorders have severely put strain and focus on the research and development of therapies and methods for their treatment. The chances of large genetic changes occurring and being passed into humans are increased when humans coexist in close proximity with agricultural animals such as chickens, ducks, and pigs. Since a vast majority of human beings in the world are non-vegetarian, probabilities are high for rare genetic disorders happening. This is set to drive the market growth in the forecast years 2020-2025.
- Growing number of grants for PCR-based research
Increase in public and private funding and growing number of research grants to support gene-based research (such as qPCR and dPCR), especially in North America and Europe have helped the market gain progress through the research and development activities. This is projected to drive the demand for qPCR Reagents, and consequently help in market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Challenges – qPCR Reagents Market
- Technical limitations associated with qPCR
The two major challenges for qPCR are the sensitivity and the level of discrimination of the assay. The technical sensitivity of an optimized real-time PCR assay itself is high (<5 copies per reaction), but the maximal input of DNA during sample preparation and per PCR reaction is the limiting step. This disadvantages are a great setback and yet, the solution to them is to be found out. Thus, it is anticipated to hamper the market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
qPCR Reagents Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the qPCR Reagents Market. In 2019, qPCR Reagents Market share is consolidated by the top players present in the market. qPCR Reagents Market top 10 companies are Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd., Qiagen N.V., Agilent Technologies, Inc., Takara Bio Inc., Affymetrix, Inc., Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, Promega Corporation and Quanta Biosciences, Inc. among others.
- In March 2020, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. announced that its Real-Time qPCR products are being used by testing laboratories globally to screen for COVID-19.
- In March 2020, Roche’s cobas SARS-CoV-2 Test to detect novel coronavirus received FDA Emergency Use Authorization and is available in markets accepting the CE mark. The test is a real-time RT-PCR test intended for the qualitative detection of nucleic acids from SARS-CoV-2 in nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal swab samples from patients who meet the CDC SARS-CoV-2 clinical criteria
1. qPCR Reagents Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. qPCR Reagents Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Packing Method
2.3 Key trends by End Users
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. qPCR Reagents Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. qPCR Reagents Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. qPCR Reagents Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. qPCR Reagents Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. qPCR Reagents Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. qPCR Reagents Market – By Detection Method (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Dye-based Reagents
8.2 Probe & Primer-based Reagents
9. qPCR Reagents Market – By Packaging Method (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 qPCR Core Kits
9.2 qPCR Mastermixes
10. qPCR Reagents Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11. qPCR Reagents Market – By End User Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 Hospitals and Diagnostic Centers
11.2 Research Laboratories and Academic Institutes
11.3 Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
11.4 Clinical Research Organizations
11.5 Forensic Laboratories
12. qPCR Reagents Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
12.1 North America
12.2.6 Rest of Europe
12.3.4 South Korea
12.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
12.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
12.4 Rest of the World
12.4.1 Middle East
12.4.3 South America
13. qPCR Reagents Market - Entropy
14. qPCR Reagents Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape(Premium)
14.1 Market Share Analysis
14.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
14.1.2 Market Share by Region– Key companies
14.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
14.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
15. qPCR Reagents Market – Key Company List by Country Premium(Premium)
16. qPCR Reagents Market Company Analysis
16.1 Company 1
16.2 Company 2
16.3 Company 3
16.4 Company 4
16.5 Company 5
16.6 Company 6
16.7 Company 7
16.8 Company 8
16.9 Company 9
16.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.