Protein Labeling Market size in 2019 is estimated to be $1.5 billion, growing at a CAGR of 12.3% during the forecast period 2020-2025.Proteins are the largest and most important biomolecules in a living organism, as they are vital to the functioning of an organism. Proteins are biotin labeled that are routinely detected or purified with avidin conjugates in many protein research applications. Growing adoption of molecular biology technique and technological advancement are the major factors driving the growth of the market. Moreover, increasing R&D expenditure and rise in the number of medical procedures and healthcare expenditure further enhance the overall market demand for protein labeling during the forecast period 2020-2025.
The report: “Protein Labeling Market – Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Protein Labeling Market:
By Labeling Method: In Vitro Labeling, In Vivo Labeling, Bioorthogonal Labeling
By Application: Cell Based Assays, Fluorescence Microscopy, Mass Spectrometry, Immunological Techniques, Protein Microarray
By Product Type: Kits, Reagents, Services
By End-Use: Hospitals, Diagnostics Center, Research Laboratories, and Others
By Geography: North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW
- In 2019, North America dominates the protein labeling market owing to advanced instruments and technologies and increasing healthcare expenditure.
- Growing adoption of molecular biology technique and technological advancement is driving the market growth of protein labeling.
- Detailed analysis of the Strength, Weakness, and opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the protein labeling market report.
- Lack of trained professionals and more time required to obtain an accurate label of protein are challenging the growth of the market.
Labeling Method - Segment Analysis
Based on the Labeling Method, Protein Labeling Market is segmented into In Vitro Labeling, In Vivo Labeling, Bioorthogonal Labeling. The in vitro labeling segment is forecast to be the fastest-growing segment and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 10.2% during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is mainly owing to wide availability and easy availability of reagents used in this method and less usage of the amount of reagents. Moreover, researchers can easily create protein conjugates by using the in-vitro method that are contributing to the growth of the protein labeling market.
Application - Segment Analysis
Based on the Application, Protein Labeling Market is segmented into Cell Based Assays, Fluorescence Microscopy, Mass Spectrometry, Immunological Techniques, Protein Microarray. In 2019, Fluorescence Microscopy held the largest share in the protein labeling market. Fluorescence microscopy is attached chemically to aid in the detection of a biomolecule such as a protein, antibody, or amino acid. Moreover, it is used in many applications including immunochemistry, cell tracing, and many more that are contributing to the growth of the protein labeling market.
Geography - Segment Analysis
North America dominated the protein labeling market share accounting for 42% of the market in 2019. This is mainly owing to advanced instruments and technologies and increasing healthcare expenditure. According to U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, vitro labeling method has been approved in 2018 for the protein labeling that is used for observing biological processes.
However, the Asia-Pacific region is forecast to be the fastest-growing during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to the growth in healthcare infrastructure and increase in R&D expenditure.
Drivers – Protein Labeling Market
- Growing Adoption of Molecular Biology Technique
Growing adoption of molecular biology technique such as next-generation sequencing and mass spectrometry are some factors driving the growth of protein labeling market. Moreover, increasing investment in R&D to reduce the complexity in protein labeling and rising adoption of bioengineering techniques are also set to increase the market growth.
- Technological Advancements
Technological Advancements in protein labeling and increasing healthcare expenditure are some factors driving the growth of the market. Moreover, technological evolution in the medical industry and launching new drug discovery and increasing proteomics research further contributing the growth of protein labeling market.
Challenges – Protein Labeling Market
Lack of trained professionals and more time required to obtain an accurate label of protein are challenging the growth of the market. Moreover, unavailability of proper healthcare infrastructure are further restraining its market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Protein Labeling Industry Outlook
Product launches, Merger & Acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the protein labeling Market. Protein Labeling top 10 companies are Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Merck KGaA , PerkinElmer, Inc., General Electric Company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, New England Biolabs, Kaneka Corporation, Promega Corporation , LI-COR, Inc., and SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc.
- On 26 May 2020, ThermoFisher Scientific Inc. has collaboration with Biognosys for the development of protein quantitation mass spectrometry work flows. This collaboration has developed a workflow for accurate and flexible label protein.
- On 28 November 2018, New England Biolabs Inc. has acquisition with Covalys Biosciences for the development of protein labeling technologies.
1. Protein Labeling Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Protein Labeling Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Labeling Method
2.3 Key trends by Application
2.4 Key trends by Product Type
2.5 Key trends by End-Use
2.6 Key trends by Geography
3. Protein Labeling Market Landscape
3.1 Market Share Analysis- Key Companies
3.2 Product Benchmarking- Key Companies
3.3 Financial Analysis - Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis - Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Protein Labeling Market - Startup companies Scenario Premium (Premium)
4.1 Key startup company Analysis by
4.1.3 Application Analysis
4.1.4 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Protein Labeling Market- Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of successful ventures
6. Protein Labeling Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining Powers of Customers
6.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry Among Existing Players
6.3.5 Threat of Substitutes
7. Protein Labeling Market- Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Protein Labeling Market– By Labeling Method (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
8.1 In Vitro Labeling
8.1.1 Nanoparticle Labeling
8.1.2 Site-Specific Labeling
8.1.4 Co-Translational Labeling
8.1.5 Enzymatic Labeling
8.2 In Vivo Labeling
8.3 Bioorthogonal Labeling
9. Protein Labeling Market– By Application (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Cell Based Assays
9.2 Fluorescence Microscopy
9.3 Mass Spectrometry
9.4 Immunological Techniques
9.5 Protein Microarray
10. Protein Labeling Market– By Product Type (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
10.2.2 Monoclonal Antibodies
11. Protein Labeling Market– By End-Use (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
11.2 Diagnostics Center
11.3 Research Laboratories
12. Protein Labeling Market- By Geography (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
12.1 North America
12.2.6 Rest of Europe
12.3.3 South Korea
12.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
12.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
12.4 Rest of the World
12.4.1 Middle East
12.4.3 South America
13. Protein Labeling Market– Entropy
14. Protein Labeling Market Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium (Premium)
14.1 Market Share Analysis
14.1.1 Market Share by Country- Key companies
14.1.2 Market Share by Region- Key companies
14.1.3 Market Share at Global Level- Key companies
14.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
15. Protein Labeling Market- Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
16. Protein Labeling Market Company Analysis
16.1 Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
16.2 Company 1
16.3 Company 2
16.4 Company 3
16.5 Company 4
16.6 Company 5
16.7 Company 6
16.8 Company 7
16.9 Company 8
16.10 Company 9
16.11 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.