Medical Lifting Sling Market - Forecast(2023 - 2028)
Medical Lifting Sling Market Overview
Medical Lifting Sling Market size is estimated to reach $1.1 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 9.3% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Medical lifting slings are assistive devices that permit patients in hospitals and nursing homes, and people accepting home healthcare to be transferred between a bed and a chair or other very much alike resting places. These are the mobile devices that assist in the secure pick-up of patients who are weak, obese, or incapacitated. Patient slings are essential machinery to be utilized in integration with patient hoists. Patient hoists were established to help carers in shifting patients through an appropriate manual handling technique. It is also utilized to help in decreasing healthcare-associated injuries at work. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a deadly neurodegenerative ailment that leads to a pattern of questionable symptoms and a soaring patient and caregiver burden. Muscular dystrophy is a neuromuscular condition that gradually weakens muscles so that patients may need the assistance of assistive devices including medical lifting slings to keep up mobility and independence. Certain home alterations and simple devices like door knob adapters can assist muscular dystrophy patients in keeping up their self-reliance and capability to carry out everyday tasks.
The surging government strategies promoting the application of lifting slings and the soaring recuperation cost of wounds are set to drive the Medical Lifting Sling Market. The surging demand for universal slings and patient hoists is set to propel the growth of the Medical Lifting Sling Market during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the Medical Lifting Sling Industry Outlook.
The report: “Medical Lifting Sling Market Forecast (2022-2027)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Medical Lifting Sling Market.
By Product: Standing Slings, Seating
Slings, Universal Slings, Bariatric Slings, Transfer Sheets, Others.
By Material: Nylon Slings, Padded Slings, Canvas Slings, Mesh Slings, Others.
By Usage Type: Disposable Slings, Reusable Slings.
By End User: Hospitals, Home Care Facilities, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living Facility, Others.
By Geography: North America (U.S, Canada and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Rest of South America), and Rest Of The World (Middle East, Africa).
- Geographically, Europe Medical Lifting Sling Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the expanding population of the elderly and increasing predominance of lifestyle ailments like diabetes and cardiovascular diseases which may require the application of patient hoists in the European region.
- Medical Lifting Sling Market growth is being driven by the augmented count of people enduring neuromuscular ailments and the measures taken to avert overexertion in personnel managing the patients involving patient hoists as required. However, the soaring hazard of cross-contamination in reusable slings is one of the major factors hampering the growth of the Medical Lifting Sling Market.
- Medical Lifting Sling Market Detailed Analysis on the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Medical Lifting Sling Market report.
Medical Lifting Sling Market: Market Share (%) by Region, 2021
For More Details on This Report - Request for Sample
Medical Lifting Sling Market Segment Analysis – By Product
The Medical Lifting Sling Market based on product can be further segmented into Standing Slings, Seating Slings, Universal Slings, Bariatric Slings, Transfer Sheets, and Others. The Universal Slings Segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the surging application of universal slings for the primary application of patient transfer. Lifting slings including universal slings and patient hoists are accessible for patient transfer. The soaring advantages of universal slings like changed utility and superior adjustability are further propelling the growth of the Universal Slings segment.
Furthermore, the Transfer Sheets segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 10.5% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the soaring application of transfer sheets like Maxi Transfer Sheet developed by Arjo as a repositioning and lifting sheet (which can also be utilized instead of of bed linen) and applied with a passive lifting device for lateral and in-bed positioning apart from the application of patient hoists.
Medical Lifting Sling Market Segment Analysis – By End Users
The Medical Lifting Sling Market based on end users can be further segmented into Hospitals, Home Care Facilities, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living facilities, and Others. The Hospitals segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the surging count of patients enduring neuromuscular ailments including amyotrophic lateral sclerosis typically with restricted movement capability and requiring continued backing for any type of movement. The enormous patient pool and the greater financial capacity for the bulk purchase of medical lifting slings are further propelling the growth of this segment.
Furthermore, the Home Care Facilities segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 10.9% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the soaring economic advantages offered, the surging demand for medical lifting slings in the developed and developing regions in the home healthcare apart from the proliferating installation of patient hoists into homes.
Medical Lifting Sling Market Segment Analysis – By Geography
The Medical Lifting Sling Market based on geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and Rest of the World. Europe (Medical Lifting Sling Market) held the largest share with 37% of the overall market in 2021. The growth of this region is owing to the supportive reimbursement by governments for medical lifting slings in the European region. Medical lifting slings and patient hoists are extensively utilized for elderly patients. The soaring research spending and initiatives offering progressive devices and private-public partnerships are further propelling the growth of the Medical Lifting Sling Market in the European region.
Furthermore, the Asia-Pacific region is estimated to be the region with the fastest CAGR rate over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to factors like the surging policy reforms and the enhanced healthcare infrastructure in the Asia-Pacific region. The soaring adoption of progressive medical lifting slings and patient hoists and proliferating financing by firms in the establishment of assisted mobility aids are further fuelling the progress of the Medical Lifting Sling Market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Medical Lifting Sling Market Drivers
Surging Applications Of Slings With Patient Hoists Are Projected To Drive The Growth Of the Medical Lifting Sling Market:
To guarantee a secure lift, patient slings need to be cautiously chosen with the patient and lift kind in mind. With the right sling in place, the patient will feel stable and back, while the hazard of strain for the carer is decreased. Aidacare provides an expansive series of slings to suit changing transfer tasks and patient requirements. This involves slings planned for application with patient hoists like portable lifters. They carry patient slings from leading makers like Aspire and Liko. The Vermeiren Belgium Eagle Patient Hoist is designed with a maximum load of 150 Kg, Maximum Lifting Height(m): 2, and Maximum Lifting Speed(m/s): 12. Fast and effortless to fasten, they can be utilized with an assortment of patient hoists that feature loop hooks. In addition to general-purpose slings appropriate for the most typical lifting situations, specialized slings are also accessible. These are suitable for tasks associated with toileting and hygiene, and can also help patient rehabilitation and gait training. There are also slings planned for patients with special requirements and lifting needs. The surging applications of slings with patient hoists are therefore fuelling the growth of the Medical Lifting Sling Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Proliferating Applications Of Medical Lifting Slings Are Expected To Boost The Demand For Medical Lifting Slings:
Medical lifting slings are utilized to pick up and carry patients from one place to another. The burgeoning count of patients with spine injury, surgeries, and muscular dystrophy is fuelling the growth of the Medical Lifting Sling Market. The Universal Sling is planned to satisfy an assortment of roles and provides a more typical solution to patient lifting requirements. This kind of sling comes with additional support to the back and pelvis areas for users who have muscle or bone issues. There is also padded leg backing, which goes below the legs to make certain that they are completely backed. Arjo has developed the Wipeable Standing Clip Sling. With no laundering need, the Wipeable Standing Clip Sling is planned to be able to be wiped clean between patients or residents, thereby assisting in decreasing the cross-infection hazards related to shared patient handling devices. It has a safe working load, SWL of 200 kg / 440 lbs. The proliferating applications of medical lifting slings are therefore driving the growth of the Medical Lifting Sling Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Medical Lifting Sling Market Challenges
Disadvantages Of Medical Lifting Slings Are Hampering The Growth Of The Medical Lifting Sling Market:
The dearth of skilled training and insufficient knowledge essential to operate medical lifting slings and hardships faced in managing obese patients are impeding the market growth. The soaring cost of medical lifting slings is restraining the progress of the market. The Vermeiren Eagle 625 Patient Lifter, For Hospital, is of Metal Material and has an Electric Power Source. It has a Maximum Load of 175 kg and costs Rs. 1.57 Lakh/ Piece. These issues are thus hampering the growth of the Medical Lifting Sling Market.
Medical Lifting Sling Industry Outlook:
Product innovations, product launches, distribution channel enhancements, collaborations, mergers and acquisitions and geographical expansion are key strategies adopted by players in the Medical Lifting Sling Market. Key companies of this market are:
- Arjo Inc.
- Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc.
- Invacare Corporation
- Prism Healthcare Group
- Savaria Corp.
- Bestcare LLC
- Graham Field Health Products Inc.
- Joerns Healthcare
- DJO Global
- V.Guldmann A/S
- In November 2020, DJO, LLC, declared that it has finished the acquisition of total ankle and finger arthroplasty product lines from international medical technology firm Stryker. The acquisition involves the STAR® total ankle arthroplasty system, a favored technology globally owing to its deep and leading clinical outcomes research,1-9 together with Silicone, Surface Replacement (SR) and TACTYS® finger joint arthroplasty products, one of the world’s most all-inclusive finger joint arthroplasty portfolios. Ankle replacements in the U.S. more than doubled last year, in portion owing to ankle implants becoming the treatment of preference over fusion surgery.
- In June 2019, Savaria Corporation declared that it has filed an agreement with the owners of Silvalea Ltd. and its sister firm, D-ansermed Ltd., (collectively, the “Silvalea Group”) compatible to which Savaria would gain all of the issued and outstanding shares of Silvalea and D-ansermed, for a total purchase price of GBP 4.6 million (nearly CAD 7.8 million), subject to customary closing conditions and adjustments (the “Transaction”). The Transaction is anticipated to close in July 2019. Incorporated in 1993, Silvalea is a leading maker of patient transfer slings and accessories.
- In March 2019, Savaria Corporation declared that it has gained Florida Lifts LLC, an elevator dealer based in Boynton Beach, Florida, for a purchase price of nearly US $5.6 million (CDN $7.3 million). Florida Lifts is a full-service elevator and lift firm supplying the central and south Florida market for over 13 years. The firm has constantly ranked as one of Savaria’s top dealers, producing revenue of nearly U.S. $6.1 million (CDN $8.0 million) and earnings before interest, income taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) of nearly U.S. $1.5 million (CDN $2.0 million) in 2018.
Medical Coatings Market - Forecast(2022 - 2027)
Report Code: CMR 0675
Patient Portal Market - Forecast(2022 - 2027)
Report Code: HCR 0501
Vaginal Slings Market - Forecast 2021 - 2026
Report Code: HCR 27653