Single-Dose Therapy Market Overview
Single-Dose Therapy Market size is estimated to reach $4.2 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Single-dose therapy can be defined as a single medication, or an integration of two or more active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) to be administered in a single dosage form. The medications integrated into the single dosage form adds to the cooperative impacts claimed by each of the medication. The count of doses of the single-dose therapy can be raised or reduced. However, the therapy does not include changing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient proportion in the dosage form. These are administered in the shape of a vial, capsules, tablets, or patches. Exudative pharyngitis, assumed to be brought about by group A beta hemolytic streptococcus, can be administered with a single IM dose of benzathine penicillin G (600,000 units for patients under age 6; 1.2 million units for those over age 6). Investigations have indicated that Bococizumab pharmacokinetics were well represented succeeding single IV or SC doses and succeeding multiple IV doses. Disclosure to single-dose bococizumab raised slightly more than dose-proportionally and clearance were reduced with rising dose.
The clearer treatment administration and convenience of administration of single-dose therapy involving active pharmaceutical ingredients are set to drive the Single-Dose Therapy Market. The cost-saving provided by single-dose therapy is set to propel the growth of the Single-Dose Therapy Market during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the Single-Dose Therapy Industry Outlook.
The report: “Single-Dose Therapy Market Forecast (2022-2027)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Single-Dose Therapy Market.
By Disease Indication: Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Sexually
Transmitted Diseases, Neurological Disorders, Psychological Disorders,
Microbial Infections, Others.
By Application: Human Health, Animal Health.
By End User: Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Clinics, Pharmacies.
By Geography: North America (U.S, Canada and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Rest of South America), and Rest Of The World (Middle East, Africa).
- Geographically, North America Single-Dose Therapy Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the expanding geriatric population and the heightened focus on research and development of efficient single-dose therapies involving active pharmaceutical ingredient in the North American region.
- Single-Dose Therapy Market growth is being driven by the surging demand owing to the cooperative impacts offered by the integrated fixed-dose Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients administered as a single dose. However, the dosage of the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients in the single-dose cannot be changed as per the needs of the patient which is one of the major factors hampering the growth of the Single-Dose Therapy Market.
- Single-Dose Therapy Market Detailed Analysis on the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Single-Dose Therapy Market report.
Single-Dose Therapy Market: Market Share (%) by Region, 2021
For More Details on This Report - Request for Sample
Single-Dose Therapy Market Segment Analysis – By Disease Indication:
The Single-Dose Therapy Market based on disease indication can be further segmented into Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Neurological Disorders, Psychological Disorders, Microbial Infections, and Others. The Cancer Segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the growing cases of cases worldwide and the extensive application of single-dose radiotherapy all around the planet. Single-Dose Therapy includes active pharmaceutical ingredients. The increasing predominance of breast cancer across the planet is further propelling the growth of the Cancer segment.
Furthermore, the Sexually Transmitted Diseases segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the extensive application of single-dose therapy including active pharmaceutical ingredients for the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea, syphilis, trichomoniasis and chancroid as can genital infections be treated.
Single-Dose Therapy Market Segment Analysis – By End User:
The Single-Dose Therapy Market based on end-user can be further segmented into Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Clinics, and Pharmacies. The Hospitals segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the enormous count of patients in hospitals. Single-Dose Therapy is inclusive of active pharmaceutical ingredients. The soaring count of surgeries and the effortless accessibility of well-established infrastructure are further propelling the growth of this segment.
Furthermore, the Clinics segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the progressive infrastructure to offer best-class health facilities to the patients and the inclusion of radiation centers to treat cancer patients while being outfitted with advanced, fully-automatized radiotherapy amenities in conjunction with the application of Single-Dose Therapy including active pharmaceutical ingredient.
Single-Dose Therapy Market Segment Analysis – By Geography:
The Single-Dose Therapy Market based on geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Rest of the World. North America (Single-Dose Therapy Market) held the largest share with 41% of the overall market in 2021. The growth of this region is owing to the surging FDA authorizations of novel single-dose therapies in the North American region. Single-Dose Therapy does not include changing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient proportion in the dosage form. The sophisticated healthcare infrastructure and soaring spending in the U.S. are further propelling the growth of the Single-Dose Therapy Market in the North American region.
Furthermore, the Asia-Pacific region is estimated to be the region with the fastest CAGR rate over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to factors like the surging economy and proliferating public awareness in the Asia-Pacific region. The expanding population of the elderly coupled with the application of single-dose therapy including active pharmaceutical ingredients are further fuelling the progress of the Single-Dose Therapy Market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Surging Applications Of Pharmacokinetics Are Projected To Drive The Growth Of Single-Dose Therapy Market:
Pharmacokinetics may be utilized in the design and establishment of medications with lower side effects and enhanced therapeutic efficiency. It may also be involved in the design and development of an optimum formulation for the superior application of medication. It finds application in the design and development of targeted and regulated release formulation. Certain other applications of Pharmacokinetics include a choice of suitable route of administration, choice of the correct medication for specific sickness, anticipated interactions, and dosage adaptations at times of changed physiology. Dose escalation investigation has been performed to assess the tolerability and pharmacokinetics of a single oral dose of DN-101, a high-dose calcitriol formulation. It has been concluded that at doses between 15 and 165 microg, DN-101 displays linear pharmacokinetics. At 165 microg, DN-101 accomplishes systemic exposure that is 5- to 8-fold greater than that accomplished with commercial formulations of calcitriol, which makes DN-101 commensurate to that needed for antitumor activity in vivo in a murine squamous cell carcinoma model. The surging applications of Pharmacokinetics are therefore fuelling the growth of the Single-Dose Therapy Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Novel Treatment Launches Involving Single-Dose Therapy Are Expected To Boost The Demand Of Single-Dose Therapy:
Single-dose therapy is effective in numerous cases. For example, in trichomonas vaginitis, a 2g single dose of metronidazole is nearly 92% effective and is regarded as the treatment of choice. Single-dose therapy does not include changing of active pharmaceutical ingredient proportion in the dosage form. ClaroTM (florfenicol, terbinafine, mometasone furoate) Otic Solution offers veterinarians an efficient earliest-line therapy that removes the requirement for in-home use by pet owners. In September 2015, Bayer HealthCare LLC Animal Health declared the certification of ClaroTM (15.0 mg/mL florfenicol, 13.3 mg/mL terbinafine, 2.0 mg/mL mometasone furoate) Otic Solution, the earliest single-dose therapy approved to efficiently heal susceptible strains of typical pathogens discovered in canine otitis externa. The product is anticipated to be accessible for sale exclusively to veterinarians in November. These kinds of novel treatment launches involving Single-Dose Therapy are therefore driving the growth of the Single-Dose Therapy Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Single-Dose Therapy Market – Challenges
Limitations Of Single Dose Therapy Are Hampering The Market Growth:
The negative side-effects brought about by the constituent medications, the allergic reactions from any of the constituent medications in the single-dose therapy cannot be averted, which may have an influence on the patient health and an adverse impact on the development of the market. The rising over-the-counter sales of different non-certified fixed-dose combinations administered as a single dose are negatively impacting the market. As per certain investigations, single-dose and multi-dose clindamycin therapy fail to display efficiency in averting infectious and inflammatory complexities in third molar surgery. In another instance, across all the investigations involved, 24107 participants accepted a single one-off dose of gentamicin (doses ranged from 1 mg kg–1 to 480 mg per dose). Acute kidney injury was reported in 2520 participants accepting gentamicin. The big bulk of cases was reversible. There were no cases of ototoxicity recorded in patients accepting gentamicin. A meta-analysis was not carried out owing to study heterogeneity. These kinds of issues are thus hampering the growth of the Single-Dose Therapy Market.
Single-Dose Therapy Industry Outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Single-Dose Therapy Market. Key companies of this market are:
- Allergan plc (An AbbVie Company)
- AstraZeneca plc
- Bayer AG
- BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Merck & Co.
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Sanofi S.A.
- In August 2021, positive high-level outcomes from the PROVENT Phase III pre-exposure prophylaxis trial demonstrated AstraZeneca's AZD7442 accomplished a statistically important decrease in the occurrence of symptomatic COVID-19, the trial's principal endpoint. AZD7442, an integration of two long-acting antibodies (LAAB), decreased the hazard of developing symptomatic COVID-19 by 77% (95% confidence interval (CI): 46, 90), in comparison with placebo. The trial acquired 25 cases of symptomatic COVID-19 at the primary analysis.
- In February 2021, it was reported that Bayer will assist CureVac to produce numerous more doses of the biotech's experimental coronavirus vaccine commencing as soon as the end of this year, as per the briefing of firm executives with the German health minister. Bayer and CureVac are already co-developing the vaccine, with the big pharma offering backing for clinical testing and regulatory discussions in additional countries. Presently, subsequent to discussions with the German government, Bayer has also concurred to prepare 160 million doses of CureVac's shot in 2022.
- In December 2020, BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. declared that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has certified oral, once-daily ORLADEYO™ (berotralstat) for prophylaxis to avert attacks of hereditary angioedema (HAE) in mature grown-ups and pediatric patients 12 years and older. In the important Phase 3 APeX-2 trial, ORLADEYO considerably decreased attacks at 24 weeks, and this minimization was maintained by way of 48 weeks. HAE patients who finished 48 weeks of treatment (150 mg) observed decreases in their HAE attack rates, from a mean of 2.9 attacks per month at baseline to a mean of 1.0 attacks per month subsequent to 48 weeks of therapy.
Report Code: HCR 1264
Report Code: HCR 0366
Report Code: HCR 0311
For more Lifesciences and Healthcare Market reports, please click here