Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market By Therapy (Estrogen, Progesterone, Estrogen-Progesterone Combination), By Product Type (Patches, Tablets, Creams, Suppositories, Injections, Others), By Route Of Administration (Oral, Topical, Subcutaneous Implants), By End User (Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, Others), By Geography - Global Opportunity Analysis & Industry Forecast, 2022-2027
Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market Overview
Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market size is estimated to reach $46.5 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy includes medicines covering female hormones to take the place of the once the body no longer makes subsequent to menopause and is occasionally utilized to treat typical menopausal symptoms, inclusive of hot flashes and vaginal discomfort. Hormone therapy has also been confirmed to avert bone loss and decrease fractures in postmenopausal women. Atrophic vaginitis is normally associated with menopause and the related depleted levels of estrogen. Bazedoxifene is a novel SERM (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator) established by Wyeth Pharmaceuticals that is presently in phase III clinical trials for the avoidance and treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis. Phytoestrogens are organic constituents from plants that bind to estrogen receptors in the body.
The proliferating population of postmenopausal women is set to drive the Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market. The advantages of postmenopausal hormone therapy like averting osteoporosis and menopausal symptoms like hot flashes brought about by the decrease of estrogen and progesterone levels in the body are set to propel the growth of the Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Industry Outlook.
The report: “Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market Forecast (2022-2027)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market.
By Therapy: Estrogen, Progesterone, Estrogen-Progesterone
By Product Type: Patches, Tablets, Creams, Suppositories, Injections, Others.
By Route Of Administration: Oral, Topical, Subcutaneous Implants.
By End User: Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, Others.
By Geography: North America (U.S, Canada and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Rest of South America), and Rest Of The World (Middle East, Africa).
- Geographically, North America Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the soaring awareness regarding menopausal symptoms and great purchasing power in the North American region.
- Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market growth is being driven by the increasing awareness regarding menopausal symptoms and their treatment. However, the high cost for postmenopausal hormone therapy in countries like the U.S. where the NIH (U.S. National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health), estimates that the yearly U.S. spending on estrogen-only and estrogen-progesterone combination hormone replacement therapies range from $264 million on the low end to over $6 billion, which is one of the major factors hampering the growth of Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market.
- Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market Detailed Analysis on the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market report.
Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market: Market Share (%) by Region, 2021
For more details on this report - Request for Sample
Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market Segment Analysis – By Therapy:
The Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market based on therapy can be further segmented into Estrogen, Progesterone, and Estrogen-Progesterone Combinations. The Estrogen Segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the surging application of Estrogen therapy in enhancing hormone levels in women and decreasing menopausal symptoms like hot flashes and others. Estrogen Therapy enhances vaginal health by assisting in treating vaginal issues like vaginal dryness. The extensive advantages of Estrogen Therapy like safeguarding bone loss subsequent to menopause and assistance in handling ovary issues are further propelling the growth of the Estrogen segment.
Furthermore, the Progesterone segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the extensive application of progesterone for handling menopausal symptoms like hot flashes, low libido, and mood swings.
Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market Segment Analysis – By Route Of Administration:
The Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market based on the route of administration can be further segmented into Oral, Topical, and Subcutaneous Implants. The Oral Segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the surging application of the Oral route of administration worldwide. Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy is utilized to treat menopausal symptoms. The proliferating advantages of the Oral route of administration like non-invasiveness, patient compliance, and effortless administration of medication are further propelling the growth of this segment.
Furthermore, the Subcutaneous Implants segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 6.6% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the great efficiency of the subcutaneous implants and the benefits of the subcutaneous route of administration like being a good route of administration, particularly in skin infections and for alleviating enduring menopausal symptoms.
Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market Segment Analysis – By Geography:
The Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market based on geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Rest of the World. North America (Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market) held the largest share with 35% of the overall market in 2021. The growth of this region is owing to the soaring count of women enduring postmenopausal issues in the North American region. Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy is utilized to treat menopausal symptoms. The existence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure is further propelling the growth of the Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market in the North American region.
Furthermore, the Asia-Pacific region is estimated to be the region with the fastest CAGR rate over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to factors like surging technological progress in the Asia-Pacific region. The heightening application of Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy for treating menopausal symptoms and the boost in healthcare spending are further fueling the progress of the Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market Drivers
Surging Applications Of Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Are Projected To Drive The Growth Of Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market:
Postmenopausal hormone therapy (PMHT) is utilized for the alleviation of menopausal symptoms. As per data maintained by the Centers For Disease Control And Prevention (CDC), generally, 44 percent of postmenopausal women recorded having ever utilized Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). Presently, in view of the prevailing accessible data, it appears that a vital differentiation needs to be made between the treatment of climacteric symptoms in young, typically healthy, postmenopausal women and the avoidance of incessant ailments in elderly women. PMHT appears to be advantageous and secure for postmenopausal symptomatic women aged <60 years. Treatments with a soaring safety profile need to be the preferred alternative, inclusive of low-dose PMHT, estrogen-only therapy in women who have undergone a hysterectomy, and vaginal estrogen therapy for women with atrophic vaginitis. Nonandrogenic progestin might have a decreased thrombotic and breast cancer hazard, and transdermal oestrogen could have a decreased thrombotic hazard. However, the dosage has altered significantly throughout its existence. The surging applications of Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy are therefore fueling the growth of the Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Product Launches Involving Treatment Of Menopausal Symptoms Are Expected To Boost The Demand Of Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy:
The average age of menopause in the U.K. is 51. 8 in 10 or 80% of women endure the unpopular hot flushes – a crushing feeling of heat, which advances all through the body. Some endure them numerous times a day, while others only have infrequent episodes. In February 2006, Bionovo Inc. commenced selecting participants for their Phase 2 clinical trial assessing their lead medication candidate, Menopause Formula 101 (MF101), for the treatment of menopausal symptoms. The clinical trial was reported to be under the directorship of Dr. Deborah Grady and would occur at four chief academic medical centers, inclusive of the University of California, San Francisco, the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, the University of Tennessee, Memphis, and the University of Alabama, Birmingham. Laboratory data demonstrates that MF101 does not provoke estrogen-dependent tumor formation or uterine expansion and thus may confirm to be a more secure option to the presently accessible hormone therapies. These kinds of product launches involving the treatment of menopausal symptoms are therefore driving the growth of the Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market Challenges
Risks Of Postmenopausal hormone therapy (PMHT) Are Hampering The Growth Of The Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market:
Typical symptoms of menopause include night sweats (70%) and insomnia (22%). By the conclusion of the 1990s, Postmenopausal hormone therapy (PMHT) was chiefly utilized to avoid incessant ailments like osteoporosis, coronary heart disease, and dementia, and big prevention trials were initiated in this framework. Following the introductory negative reports of these trials, the application of PMHT effectively declined. These records recognized particularly raised hazards, particularly of coronary heart disease, stroke, and breast cancer, in people who utilized PMHT. Presently, PMHT should not be utilized for the avoidance of incessant ailments in the elderly (aged more than 70 years old) owing to the raised hazard of stroke and breast cancer in these patients. These issues are thus hampering the growth of the Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Market.
Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy Industry Outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the market. Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy top 10 companies include:
- Abbott Laboratories
- AbbVie, Inc.
- Bayer Pharma AG
- Meda pharmaceuticals
- Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co., Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- Orion Pharma AB
- Pfizer, Inc.
- TherapeuticsMD, Inc.
- In January 2022, Orion Corporation and CuraTeQ Biologics Private Limited, a completely owned subsidiary of Aurobindo Pharma Ltd., have extended their biosimilar distribution agreement to the Baltic countries. The original marketing and distribution agreement signed in 2020 included the Nordics, Austria, Hungary and Slovenia. Under the agreement, Orion will possess the right to sell and market CuraTeQ’s biosimilars in the Nordics, the Baltics, Austria, Hungary and Slovenia.
- In January 2022, Novo Nordisk India pronounced that it has introduced an earliest of its kind diabetes treatment medicine in the nation. The firm pronounced that it has launched the globe's earliest and only oral semaglutide, a game-changer in diabetes handling. Semaglutide, a GLP-1 receptor analogue (GLP-1 RA) - one of the medication classes to treat diabetes, till now was accessible only in the form of injections and this is the earliest time such medication has been established in an oral form.
- In November 2021, Abbott declared the introduction of Similac 360 Total Care, the firm's next generation of infant formula with HMOs, principal prebiotics structurally alike to those discovered in human breast milk. Similac 360 Total Care is the earliest and only infant formula in the U.S. with a mix of five distinct HMOs, formerly only discovered collectively in breast milk. This formula is planned to offer nutrition to back the complete baby's health and growth, inclusive of the developing immune system, digestive system and brain. Abbott scientists have been investigating HMOs in breast milk for greater than two decades.
Hormone Replacement Therapy Market –
Forecast (2022 - 2027)
Report Code: HCR 0222
Market – Forecast (2022 - 2027)
Report Code: HCR 0284