Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market By Dosage Form (Tablets, Patches, Gels, Implants, Injections, Suppositories), By Route Of Administration (Oral, Subcutaneous, Topical), By Geography - Global Opportunity Analysis & Industry Forecast, 2022-2027
Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market Overview
The report: “Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market Forecast (2022-2027)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market.
By Dosage Form: Tablets, Patches, Gels, Implants,
By Route Of Administration: Oral, Subcutaneous, Topical.
By Geography: North America (U.S, Canada and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Rest of South America), and Rest Of The World (Middle East, Africa).
- Geographically, North America Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the existence of the U.S. which occupies the biggest global market share for hormone replacement therapies like Estrogen Replacement Therapy in the North American region.
- Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market growth is being driven by the surging awareness regarding menopausal symptoms requiring the application of hormone replacement therapies like estrogen replacement therapy and its treatment options. However, the post-treatment hazard of cervical cancer and coronary disease is one of the major factors hampering the growth of the Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market.
- Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market Detailed Analysis of the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market report.
Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market: Market Share (%) by Region, 2021
For more details on this report - Request for Sample
Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market Segment Analysis – By Dosage Form:
Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market Segment Analysis – By Route Of Administration:
Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market Segment Analysis – By Geography:
Surging Applications Of Hormone Replacement Therapies (HRT) Are Projected To Drive The Growth Of Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market:
As per data maintained by the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), among postmenopausal women who had ever utilized hormone replacement therapies (HRTs),
- 17% began this therapy prior to experiencing natural or surgical menopause
- 48% began this therapy within a year subsequent to menopause
- 10% began 2-4 years subsequent to menopause
- 25% began 5 or more years subsequent to menopause
Hormone replacement therapies are medicines that include female hormones. The medicine is consumed to substitute the estrogen that the body halts preparing at the time of menopause. Hormone therapy is most frequently utilized to treat typical menopausal symptoms, inclusive of hot flashes and vaginal discomfort. Hormone replacement therapies have been confirmed to avert bone loss and decrease fracture in postmenopausal women. For excellent outcomes, hormone therapy should be custom-made for every person and reassessed every so frequently to be certain that the advantages still cancel out the hazards. The surging applications of Hormone Replacement Therapies (HRTs) are therefore fuelling the growth of the Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Proliferating Applications Of Drug Delivery Systems Are Expected To Boost The Demand For Estrogen Replacement Therapy:
Technological innovations in drug delivery systems are fuelling the growth of the Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market. Certain progressive drug delivery systems include vaginal estrogen patches, transdermal estrogen patches, and low-dose estrogen replacement therapy. Nearly all brand-name estradiol patches will arrive in 100mcg doses which lasts for three to four days. The average weekly dosage for estrogen HRT is 400mcg, which equalizes to four patches per week, two patches at a time for 3-4 days each. For those interested in beginning with low-dose estrogen, the transdermal patches arrive in varying strengths. Numerous transdermal therapeutic systems (TTS) discharging estrogens, progestogens, and androgens from patches fastened to the skin are presently in clinical application. For women, transdermal systems have been established for hormonal replacement therapy (HRT) and currently for contraception. Hormone replacement therapies with patches discharging only estradiol (E2) need to be augmented with a progestogen to safeguard the endometrium. The proliferating applications of drug delivery systems are therefore driving the growth of the Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market – Challenges
Disadvantages Of Estrogen Replacement Therapy Are Hampering The Growth Of The Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market:
An unrecognized count of younger women have ovarian deficiencies and have halted menstruating owing to surplus dieting or exercise. Presently, however, only 4 million to 5 million such women are accepting estrogen replacement therapy or ERT. When administered with estrogen-only hormone replacement therapies, the side effects of the hormone estrogen experienced are bloating, tenderness or swelling in body parts such as the breasts, leg cramps, headache, stomach issues such as indigestion, and vaginal bleeding. When a woman enters menopause and starts to experience adverse impacts of this condition, there is an apprehension about receiving the estrogen replacement therapy owing to the risks that may be involved. As aggravating as those hot flashes may be, numerous women opt to manage them instead of going in for therapy with the possible raised chances of hazards of heart attack, blood clots, breast cancer, stroke, or uterine cancer. These issues are thus hampering the growth of the Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market.
Estrogen Replacement Therapy Industry Outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Estrogen Replacement Therapy Market. Key companies in this market are:
- AbbVie Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co., Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- Orion Pharma AB
- Meda Pharmaceuticals
- Pfizer Inc
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- TherapeuticsMD Inc,
- In January 2022, Novo Nordisk India has introduced the planet’s first and only “peptide in a pill”, oral semaglutide, a gamechanger in diabetes handling. Semaglutide, a GLP-1 receptor analog (GLP-1 RA) – one of the drug classes to treat diabetes, till now was accessible only in the form of injections. This is the earliest time a GLP-1 RA has been established in an oral formulation.
- In April 2021, TherapeuticsMD, Inc, and Theramex, declared that BIJUVE® has accepted authorization from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) for application in the U.K. and from the Federal Agency for Medicines and Health Products (FAMHP) for application in Belgium under BIJUVA®. A “decentralized procedure” (DCP) for the regulatory authorization of BIJUVA® in numerous European countries was finished in February. Following this, every country engages in a nationwide procedure that is inclusive of authorizations for labeling and additional country particular needs.
- In February 2020, Novo Nordisk declared that ESPEROCT® [antihemophilic factor (recombinant), glycopegylated-exei] is presently accessible in the U.S. for the treatment of mature grown-ups and children with hemophilia A. ESPEROCT® is a recombinant extended half-life factor VIII replacement therapy utilized to avert or decrease the count of bleeding episodes, to treat and curb bleeding, and to handle bleeding at the time of surgery in people with hemophilia A. Hemophilia A is an incessant, inherited bleeding ailment, which influences about 20,000 people in the U.S.
For more Lifesciences and Healthcare Market reports, please click here