Photorejuvenation Equipment Market Overview
Photorejuvenation Equipment Market Size is estimated to reach $2.8 billion by 2027. Furthermore, it is poised to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% over the forecast period of 2022-2027. Photorejuvenation is a skin treatment that involves the use of lasers, strong pulsed light, or photodynamic therapy to address skin problems and photoaging effects such as wrinkles, spots, and roughness. The procedure causes controlled skin wounds. This causes the skin to self-heal by producing new cells. To some extent, this procedure removes the indications of photoaging. Some photorejuvenation treatments like light emitting devices are more than plastic surgery effective in some types of cancer like angioma. Photorejuvenation treatments include skin rejuvenation, laser resurfacing, fractional laser, intense pulsed light, and photodynamic therapy. Skin rejuvenation is used for skin treatment like the treatment of wrinkles.
Scarring is becoming more common as a result of the rising occurrence of skin diseases. Acne produces significant physical changes, including scarring that lasts a lifetime. Furthermore, acne affects nearly 85% of persons between the ages of 12 and 24. Laser resurfacing is a popular non-invasive treatment for acne scars. The usefulness of photorejuvenation equipment for the treatment of a number of skin disorders is widely recognized in dermatology as it is non-expensive. As a result of the increased frequency of such skin diseases, the worldwide photorejuvenation equipment market is expected to grow over the forecast period. Hence, the prevalence of skin diseases and inexpensive contrast to plastic surgery are driving the photorejuvenation equipment market. However, the global photorejuvenation equipment market's growth may be hampered by high treatment costs and negative side effects connected to photorejuvenation equipment.
The report: “Photorejuvenation Equipment Market Forecast (2022-2027)", by Industry ARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Photorejuvenation Equipment Market.
By Type: Intense Pulsed Light (IPL), Laser Equipment, Non-ablative Fractional Laser, and LED Equipment.
By Method: Skin Rejuvenation, Laser Resurfacing, Photodynamic Therapy, and Others.
By Modality: Standalone Photorejuvenation Devices, Portable/handheld Photorejuvenation Devices.
By Application: Wrinkles, Scarring, Acne, Freckles, Rosacea, and Others.
By End User: Hospitals, Dermatology Clinics, Beauty Clinics, Homecare Settings.
By Geography: North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico), Europe (Germany, United Kingdom (U.K.), France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, Japan India, South Korea, Australia, and New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, and Rest of South America), and Rest of the World (the Middle East, and Africa).
- Geographically, North America held a dominant market share in the year 2021 on account of the increasing prevalence of skin diseases, highly informed people knowing the benefits of Photorejuvenation Equipment for treating angioma, and high healthcare expenditure. Asia-Pacific is expected to offer lucrative growth opportunities to the manufacturers owing to the increasing prevalence of skin diseases like scarring., demand for better healthcare facilities as well as the boost in the investments done by government and private companies in the pharma industry. The proliferation of skin diseases is predicted to augment the market growth during the forecast period of 2022-2027.
- The growing prevalence of skin diseases is estimated to drive the market growth of the Photorejuvenation Equipment Market. Adverse effects of Photorejuvenation Equipment poses threat to the market growth.
- A detailed analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats will be provided in the Photorejuvenation Equipment Market Report.
Photorejuvenation Equipment Market: Market Share (%) by Region, 2021
For More Details on This Report - Request for Sample
Photorejuvenation Equipment Market Segmentation Analysis- By Type
Photorejuvenation Equipment Market based on the type can be further segmented into Intense Pulsed Light (IPL), Laser Equipment, Non-ablative Fractional Laser, and LED Equipment. Intense Pulsed Light held a dominant market share in the year 2021 and is estimated to be the fastest-growing, with a CAGR of 7.6% over the forecast period of 2022-2027. In 1995, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved IPL devices for the treatment of telangiectasias in the lower extremities. The product's versatility and low cost have spurred its widespread adoption in a variety of clinical settings. Technological advancements have improved the reliability and efficiency of this technology, allowing it to be used in the skin rejuvenation segment and contributing to the rise in product demand. Intense pulsed light systems have been shown to be exceedingly safe in usage, with few side effects that commonly afflict the skin following procedures. According to NCBI, in 2012, Photoaging-related vascular and pigmented lesions, hypertrichosis, and epidermal and dermal atrophy, as well as acne, rosacea, actinic keratoses, and nonmelanoma skin malignancies, can all be treated with Intense Pulsed Light Technology. Thus, the IPL market is surging in contrast to other equipment.
Photorejuvenation Equipment Market Segmentation Analysis- By Method
Photorejuvenation Equipment Market based on method can be further segmented into Skin rejuvenation, Laser resurfacing, and Photodynamic therapy. Skin rejuvenation held a dominant market share in the year 2021 and is estimated to be the fastest-growing, with a CAGR of 7.8% over the forecast period of 2022-2027. According to Statista, from 2016 to 2026, the market is predicted to increase from 2 billion dollars in 2016 to around 2.9 billion dollars by 2026.
According to the American Academy of Dermatology Association, in 2021, approximately 85% of adults aged 12 to 24 have some form of acne. As a result of the reduced downtime, patients are increasingly opting for Skin rejuvenation. Owing to the rise in the incidence of pigmentation diseases, the market for skin rejuvenation is predicted to grow significantly. The increased desire among consumers to improve their skin's, appearance has led to a greater interest in advanced medical cosmetic treatments. Hence, the Skin rejuvenation Market is steadily increasing.
Photorejuvenation Equipment Market Segmentation Analysis- By Geography
The Photorejuvenation Equipment Market based on Geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Rest of the World. North America held a dominant market share of 34% in the year 2021 as compared to its other counterparts on account of increased awareness about the Photorejuvenation Equipment in treating skin diseases, and the rising prevalence of Acne. Consumer awareness of minimally invasive aesthetic procedures for treating angioma and skin treatment is projected to fuel the market for photorejuvenation devices in this region. As is obvious, the demand for cosmetic treatments is on the rise, and in the next years, novel non-invasive techniques will pioneer the way. In addition, the existence of established firms with comprehensive product lines is largely responsible for the region's success thereby market is high in North America.
However, Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the fastest-growing, with a CAGR of 7.0% over the forecast period of 2022-2027 on account of the rising prevalence of skin diseases, and demand for a better facial look. The photorejuvenation devices market in this region is predicted to increase due to rising healthcare spending and awareness, as well as government initiatives. The fastest-growing countries in the Asia Pacific market are predicted to be Japan, China, and India.
Photorejuvenation Equipment Market Drivers
The Cost-effectiveness of Photorejuvenation in Contrast to Plastic Surgery is Propelling the Photorejuvenation Equipment Market
One of the primary drivers of the industry is the cost-effectiveness of photorejuvenation compared to alternatives such as plastic surgery. The average cost of photorejuvenation treatment is around $400-$600 for a professional session. In addition, compared to other skin treatment methods, photorejuvenation treatments need little or no downtime and have few adverse effects. Furthermore, the increased desire among the elderly to appear young and attractive is fueling the global photorejuvenation equipment market. Moreover, the minimally invasive nature of these operations, as well as their low cost as compared to other surgeries, are two important factors contributing to the market's growth. In addition, the market rise owing to the short turnaround time and few negative effects. Other factors driving the growth of this market include the increased desire among the elderly to keep and seem young, as well as the growing geriatric population. Intense pulsed light devices are viewed as a low-cost entry point into the aesthetics business as well as a useful complement to therapeutic settings. Hence, cost-effectiveness is driving the Photorejuvenation Equipment Market.
Rising Prevalence of Skin Diseases like Acne & Scarring is Driving the Market
Skin illnesses remain the fourth greatest cause of nonfatal disease burden worldwide, according to the Global Burden of Disease research. However, research efforts and funding are insufficient in comparison to the severity of skin diseases. International and national efforts, such as the WHO List of Essential Medicines, are crucial in decreasing the socioeconomic burden of skin disorders and improving access to treatment. An estimated 60 percent of people with atopic dermatitis develop it in their first year of life, and 90 percent develop it before age 5. Between the ages of 12 and 24, around 85% of adults have at least minimal acne. Rosacea is a widespread skin condition that affects 16 million people in the United States. The overall medical cost of treating rosacea was $165 million, or $102.26 per treated patient on average. Hence, the prevalence of skin problems is driving the Market for Photorejuvenation Equipment.
Photorejuvenation Equipment Challenges
Adverse effects owing to Photorejuvenation Treatment are Restraining the Market
According to the American Medical Association, 11.3% of the patients were affected with side effects, such as swelling and scarring when they undergo photorejuvenation treatment. Ablative laser resurfacing can have a number of negative consequences, including; Redness, swelling, scarring, and altering skin color. Non-ablative laser resurfacing can also have negative consequences, such as Infection, Mid swelling, and redness. Since laser application in skin rejuvenation has a wide spectrum of biological effects, more safety precautions should be taken into account when using lasers for skin rejuvenation. Inadequate exposure to lasers could be responsible for severe adverse effects like hypersensitivity and cancer. Hence, side effects owing to Photorejuvenation treatment are one of the challenges for the market for Photorejuvenation Equipment.
Photorejuvenation Equipment Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Photorejuvenation Equipment Market. The top 10- Photorejuvenation Equipment Market companies are-
1. Hologic Inc. (Cynosure, Inc.)
2. Venus Concept
4. Lynton Lasers Ltd
5. EL.EN. S.p.A. (Deka Mela S.r.l.)
6. Syneron Medical Ltd.
7. Lutronic Corporation
9. Beijing Nubway S & T Co., Ltd
10. Cutera, Inc.
- In April 2021, Lynton Lasers Ltd launched a new medical device named Focus Dual RF Micro-needling and High Intensity Focussed Ultrasound (HIFU) Machine to improve wrinkles and help sagging skin, scars, and uneven skin texture. The skin improves over a period of 3-6 months, and the results are visible right away. Unlike certain laser procedures, the Focus Dual can be utilized on all skin tones, allowing for year-round therapy.
- In August 2020, Lumenis Ltd., the world's biggest energy-based medical device business for cosmetic, surgical, and ophthalmic applications are pleased to introduce the NuEra Tight with FocalRF technology, its newest product. The platform offers a breakthrough in customized non-invasive RF body treatments that are tailored to each patient's specific needs. NuEra Tight with FocalRF technology was created to provide patients with customized body treatments based on their specific demands. The new technology provides practitioners with advanced tools for today's cosmetic patients, incorporating clinical indications and specific body parts into a single device.
- In February 2020, Venus Concept has launched Venus Viva. The product elevates the organization to the top tier by providing photorejuvenation solutions with minimal downtime. Venus Viva has further applications in that it can help with skin ablation and resurfacing, as well as being utilized as a non-invasive wrinkle removal procedure.
Report Code: HCR 0108
Report Code: HCR 0147
Report Code: AIR 0162
For more Lifesciences and Healthcare Market reports, please click here
1. Photorejuvenation Equipment Market - Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Photorejuvenation Equipment Market - Executive Summary
3. Photorejuvenation Equipment Market - Comparative Analysis
3.1 Company Benchmarking - Key Companies
3.2 Global Financial Analysis - Key Companies
3.3 Market Share Analysis - Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Photorejuvenation Equipment Market - Startup Companies Scenario Premium
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Photorejuvenation Equipment Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing Business Index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Photorejuvenation Equipment Market - Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Photorejuvenation Equipment Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Photorejuvenation Equipment Market – By Type
8.1 Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
8.2 Laser Equipment
8.3 Non-ablative Fractional Laser
8.4 LED Equipment
9. Photorejuvenation Equipment Market – By Method
9.1 Skin Rejuvenation
9.2 Laser Resurfacing
9.3 Photodynamic Therapy
10. Photorejuvenation Equipment Market – By Modality
10.1 Standalone Photorejuvenation Devices
10.2 Portable/handheld Photorejuvenation Devices
11. Photorejuvenation Equipment Market – By Application
12. Photorejuvenation Equipment Market - By End User
12.2 Dermatology Clinics
12.3 Beauty Clinics
12.4 Home Care Settings
13. Photorejuvenation Equipment Market - By Geography
13.1 North America
13.2.7 Rest of Europe
13.3.4 South Korea
13.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
13.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
13.4 South America
13.4.5 Rest of South America
13.5 Rest of the World
13.5.1 Middle East
14. Photorejuvenation Equipment Market - Entropy
15. Photorejuvenation Equipment Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape Premium
15.1 Market Share Analysis
15.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
15.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
15.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
15.2 Competition Matrix
15.3 Best Practices for Companies
16. Photorejuvenation Equipment Market – Key Company List by Country Premium Premium
17. Photorejuvenation Equipment Market - Company Analysis
17.1 Company 1
17.2 Company 2
17.3 Company 3
17.4 Company 4
17.5 Company 5
17.6 Company 6
17.7 Company 7
17.8 Company 8
17.9 Company 9
17.10 Company 10
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.