Radio Frequency Front End Module Market - Forecast(2023 - 2028)
Radio Frequency Front End Module Market Overview
The Radio Frequency Front End Module market size is estimated to reach $25.1 billion by 2027, growing at an estimated CAGR of 10.4% during the forecast period 2022-2027. The factors that impact the Radio Frequency (RF) Front End Module market include a rapid shift towards industrial automation, growing consumer preferences for smart devices, high R&D activities from major market players and others. Technological advancement toward silicon on insulator substrates like Silicon-germanium helps in integrating multiple RF components including Power Amplifiers, Low Noise Amplifiers and others on the same chip, which, in turn, aids its market growth. Additionally, rapid commercialization of 5G technologies, growing utilization of wireless mobile communication devices and high R&D activities of smartphones integrated with RF front-end modules can also propel the market growth over time. Moreover, an increase in data traffic, the growing adoption of Bluetooth-enabled devices and the surging deployment of industrial IoT systems are some of the significant factors set to transform the Radio Frequency Front End Module industry outlook in the long run.
Radio Frequency Front End Module Market Report Coverage
The “Radio Frequency Front End Module Market Report – Forecast (2022-2027)” by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments in the Radio Frequency Front End Module Market.
- Radio Frequency Front End Module with Wi-Fi connectivity held the largest market share in 2021, owing to high R&D activities from major players like Skyworks Solutions, NXP Semiconductors and others and growing consumer demands for faster wireless networking or video streaming applications.
- Consumer Electronics Industry is analyzed to witness the fastest growth in the global Radio Frequency Front End Module market during 2022-2027, due to increased emphasis of popular smartphone brands like Xiaomi, One Plus and others on RF front end module integration, surging adoption of smart wearable or fitness trackers and so on.
- APAC Radio Frequency Front End Module market held the largest share in 2021, attributed to growing 5G commercialization, rapid industrial automation shift and so on.
- Rapid industrial automation shift and growing demand towards low power solutions in Bluetooth IoT applications as well as technological advancement in Silicon on Insulator (SOI) substrates with high adoption of smart devices or smart consumer electronics are analyzed to significantly drive the market growth of Radio Frequency Front End Module market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Global Radio Frequency Front End Module Market Value Share, by Region, 2021 (%)
For More Details On this report - Request For Sample
Radio Frequency Front End Module Market Segment Analysis - by Connectivity
The Wi-Fi segment dominated the global Radio Frequency Front End Module market with a share of 45% in 2021 and is anticipated to witness significant growth during the forecast period 2022-2027. High R&D activities towards Wi-Fi connectivity RF front-end modules from major players like Skyworks Solutions, NXP Semiconductors and others and the rising consumer demand for faster wireless networking or video streaming applications have attributed to this market growth. Increasing penetration of in-home online activities over Wi-Fi networks, rapid advancements for next-generation wireless communication standards like Wi-Fi 7and rising adoption of Wi-Fi-connected devices can also drive the market forward. In February 2020, Skyworks launched SKY85333-11 (2.4 GHz) and SKY85747-11 (5 GHz) front-end modules (FEMs) as an addition to the existing product line designed for high-power Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) applications.
Radio Frequency Front End Module Market Segment Analysis - by End-use Industry
The Consumer Electronics sector is analyzed to grow with the highest CAGR of 11.3% in the global Radio Frequency Front End Module market during 2022-2027. The rapid growth is attributed to factors like the growing emphasis of popular smartphone brands such as Xiaomi, One Plus and others on RF front-end module integration, rising consumer demands for high-performance standard-based mobile applications and so on. In May 2020, NXP Semiconductors N.V. revealed that its most recent radio front end (RFFE) module supporting Wi-Fi 6 standard would be designed into Xiaomi’s Mi 10 5G smartphones. This highly integrated RF front-end module was capable of supporting advanced portable computing devices, including premier 5G smartphones with high-performance MIMO functionality. This would reduce design time as well as time to market effectively. Such factors would eventually help in expanding the global Radio Frequency Front End Module market size for the consumer electronics sector in the coming time.
Radio Frequency Front End Module Market Segment Analysis - by Geography
APAC dominated the global Radio Frequency Front End Module market with a share of around 38% in 2021, attributed to the growing demand for cellular IoT products, rapid industrial automation shift, high R&D activities from market players and so on. Additionally, growing commercialization towards 5G technology, surging adoption of connected IoT devices within industries and higher demand for improving wireless communication standards have been catering to its market demands. In May 2021, one of the leading Chinese RF component suppliers, RadRock launched its first PAMiD RF front-end module with mass production in China, as a part of meeting the growing demand for RF Front End Modularization of Cat.1/4 as well as other IoT module products.
Radio Frequency Front End Module Market Drivers
Technological Advancement towards Developing Silicon on Insulator (SOI) Substrates with Surging Adoptability of Smart Devices or Smart Consumer Electronic Products:
Factors attributing to this market growth include increased emphasis on designing RF modules or RF components capable of providing faster data transmission, significant product development of RF-SOI front-end modules, growing consumer penetration of smart devices for health, fitness or entertainment purposes and others. In June 2019, pSemi Corporation, a Murata company focused on semiconductor integration, revealed the launch of UltraCMOS 13. This development represented the next generation of proprietary RFSOI technology that is manufactured across high-volume 300mm foundries. This enables superior performance as well as integration for RF front-end components. According to a survey from GFU, the German market witnessed sales of almost 7.4 million wearables in 2021, with 9% comparative growth. Additionally, the survey also highlighted that more than €180 was spent on a device on average, an increase of 10% in comparison to 2020.
Rapid Industrial Automation Shift and Growing Demand towards Low Power Solutions in Bluetooth IoT Applications:
Growing investment in digital technologies like robotics, the Internet of things (IoT), artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) and others to increase Industry 4.0 adoption, along with the rising penetration of Bluetooth-connected home devices and gaming headsets, has attributed to the market growth. Increased emphasis on improving system-on-chip integrations alongside growing demand for RF modules for space-constrained IoT applications can also drive the market growth forward. In August 2019, Skyworks introduced two 2.4 GHz RF front-end modules, namely SKY66118-11 and the SKY66407-11, specifically for Bluetooth internet of things (IoT) applications like connected home systems, gaming headsets, smartwatches, trackers and so on. According to a research study conducted by the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) in collaboration with Capgemini on the adoption of Industry 4.0 in India’s manufacturing sector, IT spending for Industry 4.0 reached $103 billion in 2021.
Radio Frequency Front End Module Market Challenge
Designing Complexities due to Fabrication with High Space Requirement for RF Antennas:
The fabrication process for these RF modules is comparatively complex due to an increase in the number of bands or frequencies, variation of multiplexity methods, utilization of smaller wafer sizes and so on. This, in turn, creates the need for designing these components with utmost precision and accuracy by skilled professionals. This trend increases its manufacturing time. However, Silicon-germanium is widely used for facilitating integration with front-end modules or designing RF front-end circuits, which have lesser complexities compared to other substrate materials. In August 2021, Amkor Technology Inc. talked about advancing the evolution of 5G RF module design, characterization as well as a packaging technology. With 5G introduction, cellular frequency bands have been increasing considerably, thus requiring innovative solutions for improving the packaging of RF front-end modules used in smartphones and many other 5G-enabled devices.
Radio Frequency Front End Module Industry Outlook
Product launches, acquisitions and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Radio Frequency Front End Module market. The top 10 companies in the Radio Frequency Front End Module market are:
- Skyworks Solutions Inc.
- NXP Semiconductor N.V
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Qorvo Inc.
- Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
- Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- Analog Devices Inc.
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Nordic Semiconductor
- In June 2022, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. announced the launch of RFFE modules targeted for best-in-class Wi-Fi and Bluetooth experiences. These modules were designed for Bluetooth, Wi-Fi 6E and next-generation standard Wi-Fi 7 which was capable of serving a wide array of device segments including automotive, smartphones, XR, PCs, wearables, mobile broadband, IoT and others.
- In October 2021, Skyworks Solutions launched one of the smallest multi-band RF front end (RFFE) modules, SKY68031-11 for licensed and low power wide area network (LTE-M/NB-IoT) applications.
- In December 2019, Nordic Semiconductor launched its first power amplifier/low noise amplifier (PA/LNA) product, named nRF21540TM RF Front End Module (FEM). With the capabilities of offering a highly adjustable TX power boost up to +21 dBm, these modules ensured increased RX sensitivity for Nordic’s Bluetooth 5/Bluetooth Low Energy, Thread, Zigbee and 2.4GHz RF low power wireless solutions.
Relevant Report Titles:
Radio Modem Market - Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Application Analysis, Growth and Forecast Analysis
Report Code: ESR 0123
Radio frequency components Market - Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Application Analysis, Growth and Forecast Analysis
Report Code: ESR 0276
Industrial Radio Market - Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Application Analysis, Growth and Forecast Analysis
Report Code: AIR 0147
For more Electronics Market reports, please click here