Anti Diarrheal Drugs Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2020 - 2025
Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market Overview
Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market size is estimated to reach $290m by 2025 and is poised to grow at a CAGR of 2.7% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Antidiarrheal drugs are used to treat abrupt diarrhea and possess the mechanism of slowing down the movement of the gut and helps to diminish the number of bowel movements and make the stools less watery. Distinct causes of diarrhea can be a virus such as a rotavirus, hepatitis, a bacterium such as E.coli, Shigella, and parasites causing amoebiasis and giardiasis. Majority of the events of diarrhea are recognized to be concluded with simple dietary modifications and not require treatment, however, in certain cases of severe diarrhea, laboratory assessment is requisite which includes blood tests, and stool specimen evaluation to analyze the type of diarrhea. The increasing incidence of the diarrheal disease is creating a demand for Antidiarrheal Drugs, thereby, leading to market growth.
The report: “Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market.
By Type: OTC Drugs, Prescription Drugs, and others.
By Application: Adults, Children, and others.
By Drug Class: Mucosal Protectants and Absorbents, Motility Modifying Drugs.
By Geography: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Rest of World.
- Geographically, the North America area is poised to see extraordinary development owing to high prevalence of diarrhea and higher adoption rate for antidiarrheal drugs and is set to continue during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- The increasing incidence of the diarrheal disease is creating a demand for Anti diarrheal Drugs, thereby, leading to market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Various side effects associated with the uptake of antidiarrheal drugs, such as constipation, fullness and bloating are restraining the global antidiarrheal drugs market.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market report.
By Type- Segment Analysis
The global Anti-Diarrheal Drugs market based on the type has OTC Drugs, Prescription Drugs, and others. OTC Drugs registered high revenue in the year 2019 and is poised to grow for the forecast period (2020-2025). The growth is owing to the growing demand for personalized medicine for treating minor ailments and introduction of treatment protocols by healthcare payers.
By Application – Segment Analysis
The global Anti-Diarrheal Drugs market based on end-use, can be further segmented into adults, children, and others. Children segment was on top in terms of revenue in the year 2019 and is poised to grow during the forecast period (2020-2025). According to the WHO, diarrhea is the second leading cause of death, especially in children less than 5 years of age. Moreover, diarrhea is known to be a major cause of malnutrition in children, since the disease deprives the child of the nutrition required for their proper growth.
By Geography - Segment Analysis
North America had the major share of market in the year 2019. This is owing to high prevalence of diarrhea and higher adoption rate for antidiarrheal drugs. Furthermore, Asia-Pacific is estimated to experience rapid growth during the forecast period 2020-2025, wherein emerging economies such as China and India are the key consumers of antidiarrheal drugs owing to unhygienic and improper sanitation procedures, increasing awareness and infrastructure.
Drivers – Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market
- Rise in Diarrheal disease
The Anti-Diarrheal Drugs market is poised to grow owing to increasing incidence of the diarrheal disease. The various factors that are driving the global antidiarrheal drugs market are rising government initiatives for improvement in healthcare facilities, growing awareness for antidiarrheal drugs, and increasing prevalence for diarrhea cases.
Challenges – Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market
- Side effects of Anti-Diarrheal drugs
Various side effects associated with the uptake of antidiarrheal drugs, such as constipation, fullness and bloating are restraining the global antidiarrheal drugs market. In addition, traditional and home remedies are still popular in emerging countries. This controlled the market for Anti-Diarrheal Drugs.
Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market Industry outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market. Key companies of this market GlaxoSmithKline, Proctor & Gamble, Pfizer, Actelion, Perrigo, Lupin, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi Aventis, Merck & Co., Novartis.
- In February 2020, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals and Hikma enter into an Exclusive Licensing Agreement for commercializing Ryaltris Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis Spray in the US.
- In December 2019, Sanofi Aventis and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc today announced their intent to simplify their antibody collaboration for Kevzara and Praluent by restructuring into a royalty-based agreement.
1. Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market - Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Type
2.3 Key trends by Application
2.4 Key trends by Drug Class
2.5 Key trends by Geography
3. Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market - Startup Companies Scenario Premium
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Anti-Diarrheal Drugs - Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market – By Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 OTC Drugs
8.2 Prescription Drugs
9. Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10. Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market – By Drug Class (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Mucosal Protectants and Absorbents
10.2 Motility Modifying Drugs
11. Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 North America
11.2.6 Rest of Europe
11.3.4 South Korea
11.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
11.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
11.4 Rest of the World
11.4.1 Middle East
11.4.3 South America
12. Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market - Entropy
13. Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape Premium
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
13.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
13.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
14. Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market – Key Company List by Country Premium Premium
15. Anti-Diarrheal Drugs Market Company Analysis
15.1 Company 1
15.2 Company 2
15.3 Company 3
15.4 Company 4
15.5 Company 5
15.6 Company 6
15.7 Company 7
15.8 Company 8
15.9 Company 9
15.10 Company 10
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.