Sparkling Bottled Water Market - Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Growth and Forecast 2020 - 2025
Sparkling Bottled Water Market size is valued at $ 1,472m by 2019, and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period 2020-2025. The Sparkling Bottled Water Market growth rate is attributed to the growing incidences of obesity among children and associated health issues owing to the increased consumption of soft drinks and fast foods. With the rising contamination levels of drinking water have propelled the consumer base to switch to bottled water, which is clean, bacteria-free, safe, and purified. Besides being a healthier substitute for soft drinks, sparkling bottled water also provide better digestion and immunity, weight reduction. From the introduction to number of product innovations and new flavors and the emergence of e-commerce channels, social media, etc. is anticipated to bolster the Sparkling Bottled Water Market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
The report: “Sparkling Bottled Water Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Sparkling Bottled Water Market:
By Product Type: Unflavored, Flavored.
By Technology Type: Ion Exchange & Demineralization, Disinfection, Filtration.
By Packaging Type: Glass Containers, Metal Containers, Plastic Containers and Others.
By Distribution Channel: Hypermarkets/Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Retail Outlets, Online Trade and Others.
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest and World.
- North America dominated the Sparkling Bottled Water Market with a share of 38% in the year 2019.
- The factors such as increase in trends of premium & functional water, rapid urbanization, the rise in disposable income, growth in retail channels across the globe, and rise in investments by market players are amongst the major factor projected to impel growth of Sparkling Bottled Water Market.
- Health hazards that are associated with the sugar-rich beverages, increasing number of number of obesity cases in children coupled with health-conscious consumers looking for healthier alternatives are the key factors owing to the growth in the segment during forecast period 2020-2025.
Product Type - Segment Analysis
Unflavored segment held the largest share in the market owing to its natural and highly preferable amongst health-conscious consumers over flavored segment as consumers are opting for unflavored sparkling water for hydration as well as functional water. Also, with the rising popularity of the on-going busy lifestyle, unflavored sparkling water has become a convenient option for many people as it can be used as a substitute for alcohol or carbonated beverages in social surroundings. Furthermore, flavored segment is anticipated to witness a segmental growth in the forecast period 2020-2025 as it is naturally carbonated, and hence contains a variety of minerals, including sodium, magnesium, and calcium, that influences its flavor.
Distribution Channel- Segment Analysis
Based on distribution channel, hypermarkets/supermarkets segment held the major share of the market in terms of revenue and is set to grow with a CAGR of 5.1%. The reason is set to be attributed to facts as these stores are incorporated with numerous alternatives and varieties of sparkling water from various brands. Sparkling Bottled Water sales of hypermarkets/supermarkets is believed to rise effectively as consumers prefer these retail channels for shopping owing to the in-store promotions by retailers and price comparisons is anticipated to further expand the consumption rate over the projection period of 2020-2025. Furthermore, there is an increase in the number of hypermarkets and supermarkets, especially in developing economies, which has augmented the penetration of modern grocery retail chains, further contributing to the sales of sparkling water in the up-coming years.
By Geography - Segment Analysis
North America dominated the Sparkling Bottled Water Market with a share of 38% in 2019. The application of Sparkling Bottled Water has grown rapidly over the last few years owing to the growing awareness among consumers, strong economy, increasing living standards, large number of lounges, bars, and cafes and introduction to number of product innovations and new flavors which continues to expand its market. Europe and Asia-Pacific regions are offering various product innovations with rising disposable income and rapid industrialization coupled with a hot and arid climate are to cater the Sparkling Bottled Water Market in the forecast period of 2020-2025.
Drivers – Sparkling Bottled Water Market
- Increasing health-conscious population
With the increasing demand for sparkling bottled water amongst the health-conscious consumer base and the growing trend of consumers as a healthy alternative. Furthermore, the introduction of new flavours of sparkling bottled water is a microcosm of a much larger trend in the soft drink industry which can be considered as a Sparkling Bottled Water key driver of the market during the forecast period.
Challenges – Sparkling Bottled Water Market
- High initial capital and maintenance cost
The major challenge for the market is the high initial capital investment and the requirement for high-quality treatment and compliance of these Sparkling Bottled Water in a vast and heterogeneous market. The stringent rules and regulations regarding the processing and preservation prior to distribution and sales is the major problem for some of the regions in Asia-Pacific.
Sparkling Bottled Water Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Sparkling Bottled Water Market. In 2019, Sparkling Bottled Water Market share is fragmented by the top ten players present in the market. Sparkling Bottled Water Market top 10 companies are Nestlé, A.G. Barr, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, Crystal Geyser, Danone, Vintage, Tempo Beverages, Dr. Pepper Snapple, Sparkling Ice and others.
- In November 7,2019 Coca-Cola announced the launch of a sparkling water brand AHA in the early 2020’s as soft drinks consumption in the U.S. is declining with consumers turning towards a healthier alternative.
- In February 25, 2020 PepsiCo launched a caffeinated water, extension for its sparkling water brand Bubly, signaling its eminent entry into the U.S. caffeinated water category.
1. Sparkling Bottled Water Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Sparkling Bottled Water Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Product Type
2.3 Key trends by Distribution Channel
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Sparkling Bottled Water Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Sparkling Bottled Water Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Sparkling Bottled Water Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Sparkling Bottled Water Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Sparkling Bottled Water Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Sparkling Bottled Water Market – By Product Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9. Sparkling Bottled Water Market – By Technology Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Ion exchange & Demineralization
9.1.1 Ion Exchange(Ix)
9.1.2 Reverse Osmosis and Electro dialysis
9.3.1 Membrane Filtration
10. Sparkling Bottled Water Market – By Packaging Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Glass Containers
10.2 Metal Containers
10.3 Plastic Containers
11. Sparkling Bottled Water Market – By Distribution Channel (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.2 Convenience Stores
11.3 Retail Outlets
11.4 Online Trade
12. Sparkling Bottled Water Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
12.1 North America
12.2.6 Rest of Europe
12.3.4 South Korea
12.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
12.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
12.4 Rest of the World
12.4.1 Middle East
12.4.3 South America
13. Sparkling Bottled Water Market - Entropy
14. Sparkling Bottled Water Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
14.1 Market Share Analysis
14.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
14.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
14.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
14.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
15. Sparkling Bottled Water Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
16. Sparkling Bottled Water Market Company Analysis
16.1 Company 1
16.2 Company 2
16.3 Company 3
16.4 Company 4
16.5 Company 5
16.6 Company 6
16.7 Company 7
16.8 Company 8
16.9 Company 9
16.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.