Polyphenols Market Overview
Polyphenols Market size is estimated to reach $1.82 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 7.44% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Polyphenols are naturally occurring phytochemicals that present the ability to modulate or even decrease signaling pathways, presenting antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity as well as photo-protective activity against UV rays. Rapid increase in the number of chronic diseases, inclination towards sedentary lifestyle, growing consciousness towards health and increase in the awareness regarding health benefits of green tea and phenolic acids are the factors that are set to drive the growth of the global market for the forecast period 2020-2025.
Polyphenols Market Report Coverage
The report: “Polyphenols Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Polyphenols Market.
By Product Type: Flavonoids, Phenolic Acids, Polyphenolic Amides, Others.
By Source: Grape Seed, Apple, Tea, Citrus, Olive, Algae, Peach, Others.
By Application: Functional Beverages, Animal Feed, Cosmetics, Dietary Supplements, Dyes, Functional Foods, Others.
By Geography: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Rest of World (RoW)
- Geographically, Asia-Pacific Polyphenols market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2019 and it is poised to dominate during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to the high demand.
- The increase in the technology and awareness among customers is likely to aid in the market growth of Polyphenols Market.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Polyphenols Market report.
- The increase in the economic growth of developing countries and growing awareness regarding health are creating higher opportunities for the growth of market for the forecast period 2020-2025.
By Source- Segment Analysis
Based on the Source, the Grape Seed segment held the largest share in 2019 owing to the factors such as polyphenols, which are found in grape seeds, has highly polymerized procyanidins, Procyanidin dimers, epigallocatechin and trimers. Green Tea segment is estimated to be the fastest growing segment during the forecast period 2020-2025.The growth in this segment is owing to rise in the number of chronic diseases, growing consciousness towards health, increase in the awareness regarding health benefits of phenolic acids and flavonoids which are present in the Green Tea.
By Application- Segment Analysis
Based on the Application, the Functional Beverages segment held the largest share in 2019 owing to its several applications such as Functional Beverages keeps the body hydrated, provides overall nutrition and addresses the health issues across all ages. Functional Foods segment is estimated to be the fastest growing segment owing to the factors such as rise in the disposable income of individuals, growing aging population and inclining towards sedentary lifestyle.
By Geography - Segment Analysis
Based on the Geography, the Asia-Pacific held the largest share in 2019. The growth in this segment is owing to the factors such as rapid increase in the consumption of green tea and polyphenol-based products, growing awareness regarding health and rise in the standard of living. North America estimated to be the fastest growing segment owing to the factors such as rapid increase in the consumption of beverages, advancements in technology, sedentary lifestyle and increase in the investment by the companies in the developed countries.
Drivers – Polyphenols Market
- Rapid increase in the number of chronic diseases especially diabetes
The awareness regarding health is increasing owing to rise in the number of chronic diseases especially diabetes. This led to rapid increase in the growth of Polyphenols Market as polyphenols provide overall nutrition, keeps the body hydrated and addresses the health issues across all ages. The sedentary lifestyle of the customers owing to rise in the disposable income is also estimated to enhance the growth of Polyphenols Market.
- Advancements in technology enabled the manufacturers to launch innovative products
The technological advancements enabled the manufacturers to launch innovative products based on the need of the customers, which led to rapid increase in the growth of Polyphenols Market. Rapid increase in the consumption of beverages and green tea is estimated to enhance the growth of Polyphenols Market.
Challenges – Polyphenols Market
- Stringent labelling standards and limited supply of raw materials
The Stringent labelling and quality standards for food products is estimated to reduce the growth of the market. The increase in the dependency of green tea, apples, grape seeds and other food products for commercial product extraction is also said to reduce the growth of the Polyphenols Market.
Polyphenols Industry outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Polyphenols Market. Key companies of this market are Kemin Industries, Naturex, CEMOI, Dupont-Danisco, Lay Natural Ingredients, Archer Daniels Midland, PROVA, Ajinomoto Omnichem Natural Specialities, Cargill, Glanbia Nutritionals among others.
- In 2017, Archer Daniels Midland has expanded its line of plant-based functional extracts to include green tea and other polyphenolic products of which green tea extract is standardized to 90 percent polyphenols and 50 percent to Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG).
- In 2017, Kemin Industries has patented an extraction technology to produce Neutemix phenolic complex and to obtain polyphenols from spearmint.
1. Polyphenols Market - Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Polyphenols Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Product Type
2.3 Key trends by Source
2.4 Key trends by Application
2.5 Key trends by Geography
3. Polyphenols Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Polyphenols Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Polyphenols Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Polyphenols - Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Polyphenols Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Polyphenols Market – By Product Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.2 Phenolic acids
8.3 Polyphenolic amides
9. Polyphenols Market – By Source (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Grape Seed
10. Polyphenols Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Functional Beverages
10.2 Animal Feed
10.4 Dietary Supplements
10.6 Functional Foods
11. Polyphenols Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 North America
11.2.6 Rest of Europe
11.3.4 South Korea
11.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
11.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
11.4 Rest of the World
11.4.1 Middle East
11.4.3 South America
12. Polyphenols Market - Entropy
13. Polyphenols Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
13.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
13.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
14. Polyphenols Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
15. Polyphenols Market Company Analysis
15.1 Company 1
15.2 Company 2
15.3 Company 3
15.4 Company 4
15.5 Company 5
15.6 Company 6
15.7 Company 7
15.8 Company 8
15.9 Company 9
15.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.