PTFE is a synthetic fluoropolymer of tetrafluoroethylene with numerous applications in many industries. PTFE is a most suitable for aerospace industry as it has a high demand for applications in aggressive concoctions and high heat environments.
What is Flexible PTFE?
Polytetrafluoroethylene is a kind of synthetic fluoropolymer of tetrafluoroethylene. It is a strong, waxy and non-flammable synthetic resin produced by the polymerization of tetrafluoroethylene. It has many properties like Low coefficient of friction, Corrosion Resistance, Thermal stability and hydrophobic properties. One of the major advantages of PTFE coatings in applications inside the aerospace industry is the abilities of the coating to retain every single physical property all through a temperature scope of -195°C to 260°C.
Major applications of PTFE in Aerospace Industry:
PTFE is one of the essential materials that is used in airplane’s components. For instance, it is used in the wings of an airplane near the flaps and the slats which are responsible for slowing the plane during landing. It is applied in the fuel systems of the plane both in-line and refueling parts to make sure that nothing leaks when plane is in air. Some of the other applications in which PTFE used are fasteners, bearings, clips, clamps, fuel molds, gaskets, toilet bowls, impellers, propellers, exhaust systems and others.
Trends in Flexible PTFE Aerospace Market:
- Polytetrafluorethylene (PTFE) is a synthetic fluoropolymer of tetrafluoroethylene and is used in various applications in many industries. This applies specifically to the aerospace industry. Some major drivers which are responsible for the use of PTFE in this industry are as follows. Weight is one of the three most imperative factors after the Aerodynamics and Engine performance that impacts the effectiveness of an aircraft, this is where the PTFE polymers come into play. The density of a PTFE polymer is half the density of aluminium or glass and about 1/6th the density of steel, so using PTFE in Fasteners, Bearings, Clamps, Wings etc., instead of metals in the construction of planes will drastically reduce the overall weight of the plane. This outcomes in the lesser utilization of fuel and quicker travel speeds. PTFE are also non-corrosive in nature unlike the metals and they reduce friction on the surfaces.
- An ongoing advancement in this industry which is still developing are the ideal liquid repellant surfaces which is developed by the professor in University of Hong Kong. They have developed a robust liquid-repellent structure and the fabrication of permeable surfaces by a microfluidic droplet based technique. Materials such as textiles, metals and glasses secured by a layer of this porous surface can then become liquid repellent. Liquid droplets bounce away instead of being stuck on the surfaces. This utilization will help in drag reduction and speeding up the planes amid rain or tempest thereby sparing vitality.
- Numerous open doors exist in this industry as each and every company is attempting to diminish the aviation vehicles weight by utilizing PTFE in their assembling forms.
Key Players in Flexible PTFE Aerospace Market:
The key players in this market are DuPont (US), Daikin Industries Ltd. (Japan), Chemours (US), Solvay S.A. (Belgium), 3M (US), Saint-Gobain (France), BASF (Germany) and Dalau Ltd. (UK), among others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Flexible PTFE Aerospace Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Flexible PTFE Aerospace Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Flexible PTFE Aerospace Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Flexible PTFE Aerospace Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Flexible PTFE Aerospace Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Flexible PTFE Aerospace Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Flexible PTFE Aerospace Market -Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Flexible PTFE Aerospace Market – By Product Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
8.3.2. Air Conditioners
8.3.3. District Cooling Systems
9. Flexible PTFE Aerospace Market – By Applications (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.5. Fuel Molds
9.7.1. Toilet Bowls
9.8. Mating parts
9.11. Exhaust Systems
9.14. Aircraft Wings
9.14.1. Landing Flaps
10. Flexible PTFE Aerospace - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1. Flexible PTFE Aerospace Market - North America Segment Research
10.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
10.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.2.2. Revenue and Trends
10.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
10.2.5.4. Rest of North America
10.3. Flexible PTFE Aerospace - South America Segment Research
10.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.4.2. Revenue and Trends
10.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
10.4.5.7. Costa Rica
10.4.5.8. Rest of South America
10.5. Flexible PTFE Aerospace - Europe Segment Research
10.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.6.2. Revenue and Trends
10.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
10.6.5.9. Rest of Europe
10.7. Flexible PTFE Aerospace – APAC Segment Research
10.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.8.2. Revenue and Trends
10.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
10.8.5.4. South Korea
11. Flexible PTFE Aerospace Market - Entropy
11.1. New product launches
11.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
12. Flexible PTFE Aerospace Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
12.1. Market Share Analysis
12.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
12.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
12.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
12.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
12.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
12.1.6. Best Practises for companies
13. Flexible PTFE Aerospace Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
14. Flexible PTFE Aerospace Market Company Analysis
14.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
14.2. Daikin Industries Ltd. (Japan)
14.3. Chemours (US)
14.4. Solvay S.A. (Belgium)
14.5. 3M (US)
14.6. Saint-Gobain (France)
14.7. BASF (Germany)
14.8. DuPont (US)
14.9. Company 8
14.10. Company 9
14.11. Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
15. Flexible PTFE Aerospace Market -Appendix
16. Flexible PTFE Aerospace Market -Methodology Premium
16.1. Research Methodology
16.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
16.1.2. Industry Databases
16.1.4. Company News
16.1.5. Company Annual Reports
16.1.6. Application Trends
16.1.7. New Products and Product database
16.1.8. Company Transcripts
16.1.9. R&D Trends
16.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
16.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends