The treatment of water using chemicals has always been considered as a standard operation in water and wastewater treatment. The concentration of chemicals and the physical and chemical quality of water has always been regulated and standardized by global regulatory bodies such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the US –Environmental and Protection Agency (EPA) for potable and household water. In addition to potable water, various industries like the power and paper industry, have their respective regulatory bodies such as the International Association for the Properties of Water and Steam (IAPWS) - relevant to Thermal power stations. A significant challenge to the traditional techniques occurred after a severe outbreak of Cryptosporidium parvum oocysts. New technologies such as membrane filtration and UV disinfection have been developed as a replacement for traditional chemical treatment of water. As such, the new procedures were supposed to eliminate the threat of water contamination through a minor addition of chemicals. The world market for water chemicals was worth $23.5 billion in 2017.
What is a Water treatment chemicals?
The world market for water chemicals is worth $23.5 billion now, with a CAGR of around 7% and it is expected to reach $32.5 billion by 2020. Water treatment chemicals are the solid core of water treatment processes which is absolutely necessary in the various commercial and industrial applications.
Market Research and Market Trends of Indian Water treatment chemicals Market
- The need to develop robust water treatment methods using a minimum amount of chemicals became even more vital after the occurrence of several outbreaks of waterborne pathogens through water treatment systems.
- The introduction of UV (Ultra violet), UF (Ultra filtration) and RO (Reverse Osmosis) filtration technologies have been used extensively replacing conventional disinfecting. These are extremely robust technologies and require less monitoring compared to chemicals, and moreover, faults such as double chemical failure are reduced as no chemicals are used.
- The Membrane separation technology is another upcoming water treatment technique used extensively in desalination plants and waste water treatment, and is predicted to have a CAGR of 7% during the period 2017–2020.
Who are the Major Players in Water treatment chemicals Market?
The key players in the manufacturing of Water treatment chemicals are BASF SE, Kemira, Ecolab (Nalco), GE Corporation, Kurita, Solenis, Lonza Group and, among others
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.